Kendrick Lamar Album Discussion 4-14-17

Options

Comments

• Inglewood_Fatty
    Inglewood_Fatty Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LA radios finally playing Humble, Love, DNA and Loyalty but still playing Paranoid by TY$ and Chill Bill regularly :s
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Damn bout to go plat already
    giphy.gif
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humble at #1 2 weeks

a.m to the p.m... p.m to the a.m funk
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humble at #1 2 weeks

Are yall actively checking Billboard to get these stats? Dope if it is #1 again tho
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got loyalty got royalty inside my DNA!!!
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Anyone who thinks DAMN is better than TPAB lets me know they both don't really listen to the lyrics and they have a preference for production that lacks musicianship.

Yeah, I have to agree. But people have short attention spans, so you have to take that into consideration. If it's something a stripper can't dance to - it's like a vampire getting exposed to sunlight. LOL!

I've been listening to Damn for two weeks straight and it's a great album. For a while, I thought it was on the same level with the last project, but now I think TPAB is a little better - musically, lyrically and concept wise.
  • miami cane
    miami cane Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    K dot... 3 great albums in a row. Classics I don't know... don't care... But imo he has dropped 3 of the best albums in the past 10.
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally getting around to listening to this album so far....
    That FEAR song is too deep!
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Relistened to GKMC for a while and some other ? and then came back to this, its really been Gibbs-Joey-Kendrick on rotation lately.
    Also Thundercat, Mask Off, and T-Shirt by Migos has about 900 plays on my phone.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Compton rhymer Kendrick Lamar is continuing to obliterate records with his latest studio release, DAMN.

Billboard reports that for the week of May 6, songs on DAMN. have secured the #1 through #9 spots on the On-Demand Streaming Songs chart, making this latest feat from K-Dot the first ever in chart history.

Billboard’s On-Demand Streaming Songs chart tracks on-demand domestic streams from streaming services including Spotify and Apple Music.

DAMN. singles, “Humble.” and “DNA.” captured the top two spots, while “Element.,” “Loyalty.” and “Love.” round off the top five.

Atlanta rapper Future captured the #10 spot on the On-Demand Streaming Songs chart with “Mask Off.”

All 14 cuts from DAMN. hit the chart with “Duckworth.” closing in at #16.

The record for the artist with the most top songs on the chart was previously held by Drake. The Canadian crooner/rapper managed to have eight songs in the top 10 on the chart earlier this month with his More Life playlist, and once last year.

J. Cole also accomplished that same feat in December of last year upon the release of his 4 Your Eyez Only album.

Since its release on April 14, DAMN. and other projects from K-Dot have had an impressive run on the charts. In addition to DAMN. serving as the highest-selling debut of 2017, all four studio albums from Kendrick charted on the Billboard 200 following the release of the LP.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K dot killing the game
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Compton rhymer Kendrick Lamar is continuing to obliterate records with his latest studio release, DAMN.

Billboard reports that for the week of May 6, songs on DAMN. have secured the #1 through #9 spots on the On-Demand Streaming Songs chart, making this latest feat from K-Dot the first ever in chart history.

Billboard’s On-Demand Streaming Songs chart tracks on-demand domestic streams from streaming services including Spotify and Apple Music.

DAMN. singles, “Humble.” and “DNA.” captured the top two spots, while “Element.,” “Loyalty.” and “Love.” round off the top five.

Atlanta rapper Future captured the #10 spot on the On-Demand Streaming Songs chart with “Mask Off.”

The record for the artist with the most top songs on the chart was previously held by Drake. The Canadian crooner/rapper managed to have eight songs in the top 10 on the chart earlier this month with his More Life playlist, and once last year.

J. Cole also accomplished that same feat in December of last year upon the release of his 4 Your Eyez Only album.

Since its release on April 14, DAMN. and other projects from K-Dot have had an impressive run on the charts. In addition to DAMN. serving as the highest-selling debut of 2017, all four studio albums from Kendrick charted on the Billboard 200 following the release of the LP.

Huh! May 6th?
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »

Huh! May 6th?

K. Dot's the future...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    So I just bought the physical and it's some differences compared to the streaming version. Slight beat changes, more kid Capri
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Might have to actually listen to the whole album
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I just bought the physical and it's some differences compared to the streaming version. Slight beat changes, more kid Capri

Really? I guess I gotta cope also
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

According to wiki the physical version is a minute shorter than the streaming
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Man I wish YouTube was around during my b-boy and poppin' faze
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't know man, I think I like this album better than GKMC off the strength of its simplicity. It accomplishes many of the same themes in a more catchy and economic manner. Plus it's like he realized his word play will never be on the level with the greats so he just rides the beat without trying too hard on some rappity ? .
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That first half of Duckworth... 9th wonder KILLED that beat. I wish it was the best the whole way through. So appropriate for Kendrick too
  • Inglewood_Fatty
    Inglewood_Fatty Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like it's just me and the music tho, I feel like the feeling is mutual
  • ChiBulls87
    ChiBulls87 Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg2n2rnEpwY

Might just be me but this another beat produced by 9th Wonder that put me in the mind of DUCKWORTH. especially with all the beat changes.