Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Album is wickety wack.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Plus if you listen closely he aint saying ? really.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the label, folks been tryna blame mmg for wale missteps for 6 years. Wale just dropped sum ? . He was not going platinum regardless unless something took off like that way or lotus flower bomb

Dude said in the BC interview he's still paying for the mishaps from other projects a real manager should have taken care of. He's not even 100% sure of his situation in terms of mgmt. It's Ross's job as a CEO to make sure Wale is taken care of in this regard.

His peers are dropping albums with no major singles and going platinum and Gold. Ross doesn't have the machine behind him like that. Dude even Fabolous is cranking out gold singles, you're telling me Rocnation, TDE, Defjam, couldn't push Wale platinum in 2017-2018 ? Even Future, Travis Scott and Rae Shremmurd went gold and platinum respectively. Wale needs mgmt that's business oriented and also willing to push artists creatively, Ross don't got that.

Wale has had hit singles though. "Bad" went like double platinum. "The Matrimony" still gets play on the radio 2 years later. ..he's had hit singles...? know he can spit. They just don't like him personally.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    It has nothing to do with the label, folks been tryna blame mmg for wale missteps for 6 years. Wale just dropped sum ? . He was not going platinum regardless unless something took off like that way or lotus flower bomb

Dude said in the BC interview he's still paying for the mishaps from other projects a real manager should have taken care of. He's not even 100% sure of his situation in terms of mgmt. It's Ross's job as a CEO to make sure Wale is taken care of in this regard.

His peers are dropping albums with no major singles and going platinum and Gold. Ross doesn't have the machine behind him like that. Dude even Fabolous is cranking out gold singles, you're telling me Rocnation, TDE, Defjam, couldn't push Wale platinum in 2017-2018 ? Even Future, Travis Scott and Rae Shremmurd went gold and platinum respectively. Wale needs mgmt that's business oriented and also willing to push artists creatively, Ross don't got that.

Ross last album did twice as good first week as the one b4 it with no single, mmg is fine, atlantic may b a different story, wale's management n mmg are 2 different entities, wale has his Management b4 Ross was even involved, roc nation, tde wouldn't make running back or fashion week pop,

and def jam? Allow me to quote u my guy

"Lololololololololololololololol"

A label head never had anything to do with management b4, y all of a sudden is it Ross fault, for all we know he prolly told wale to get that ? str8 lol

Wale is trying to promote conscious vibes on a record label that is completely the opposite of that (MMG is about materialism). MMG is not trying to promote that. And the fact remains that Wale needs to do something with how his projects are managed because the last 3 had terrible rollouts. He's not selling not being heard. The talent is there, the mgmt is not.

Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, ScHoolBoy Q, Big Sean, Rae Shremmurd didn't need fashion week pops to go gold and platinum.

That was clear when his first MMG single "600 Benz" went over alot of peoples heads even though he says exactly what the song is about in th3 last 2 bars of the first verse. ? saw he went to MMG and have judged his music without hearing it ever since. Hell just go look back at the thread on the IC about his song "Girls On Drugs" and how many posters jumped and said the song is promoting drug use when its the exact opposite of that.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see wale lose

? that ?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    using the more about nothing mixtape as a comparison, how does this one stack up?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    using the more about nothing mixtape as a comparison, how does this one stack up?

not even close
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ross last album did twice as good first week as the one b4 it with no single, mmg is fine, atlantic may b a different story, wale's management n mmg are 2 different entities, wale has his Management b4 Ross was even involved, roc nation, tde wouldn't make running back or fashion week pop,

and def jam? Allow me to quote u my guy

"Lololololololololololololololol"

A label head never had anything to do with management b4, y all of a sudden is it Ross fault, for all we know he prolly told wale to get that ? str8 lol

Wale is trying to promote conscious vibes on a record label that is completely the opposite of that (MMG is about materialism). MMG is not trying to promote that. And the fact remains that Wale needs to do something with how his projects are managed because the last 3 had terrible rollouts. He's not selling not being heard. The talent is there, the mgmt is not.

Drake, Kendrick, J.Cole, ScHoolBoy Q, Big Sean, Rae Shremmurd didn't need fashion week pops to go gold and platinum.

False, wale has just done more of mixing the medicine in with the candy on mmg, if that was the case Ross wouldn't have signed him or someone like stalley overrated ass period.

Those guys didn't need fashion week to pop but they had hit singles of their own and dropped better music, hell y'all said rae sremmurd flopped until black Beatles dropped, and that album is mismanaged too, it should have hits across several platforms
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gorillaz are set to post strong numbers for their chart bow this week, and are joined in the new-release column by a fired-up Mary J. Blige and other superstars.

Gorillaz (Parlophone/Warner Bros.) 95-100k SPS, 85-90k album
    Mary J. Blige (Capitol) 67-72k, 63-68k
    John Mellencamp (Verve) 32-35k, 31-34k
    Willie Nelson (Legacy) 31-33k, 30-32k
    Wale (MMG/Atlantic) 18-22k, 11-13k
    Lea Michele (Columbia) 14-16k, 13-15k
    All That Remains (Razor & Tie) 10-12k, 9-11k

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 will be flat this week, projecting to 31-35k. This is the soundtrack’s first week at physical retail after opening with 34k last week as a digital-only release. Expect a big jump next week as the movie opens this weekend. There might also be a teensy bump in Baby Groot merch.

In other news, next year’s Fyre Festival will take place inside an active volcano!

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306213

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What seemed off to me was that Ross dropped and that ? stopped all Wale';s momentum. he didn't have much on this album in my opinion b/c he didn't' have a hit single like he's had on all his other albums. that fashion week ? wasn't it....PYT was cool but his momentum form that ? died months and months ago. Seem like after that J cole diss he had momentum then next thing you know Ross dropping an album and Wale ? ...then he says it's dropping 5/5 like a metaphor on his 5th album,,,then all of the sudden the ? is moved up outta the blue.

With that said this album is a 6/10 at best. The last 5 songs are all trash Then why put PYT dna and that junt with chris brown back to back to back...that ? killed the whole vibe...this is his worst album
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As sensitive as Wale is he might want to stay away from blogs, forums and all that ? . Dude might off himself.

Made it all the way through this ain't where it's at. Easily his worst album and it's not close.

Even Fish and Grits is just ok and all Travis do is make hits. This don't sound like a Wale album to me. Sounds like someone gave him these tracks and he filled in his verses.

A lot of the flows were lazy and it felt like he's chasing a specific sound in hopes of being applauded for this not being a usual Wale album. It's really all over the place and it lacks cohesion. Maybe that's the point. I don't know but I know this isn't for me.

As far as a rapper, I think dude is easily one of the most talented ? doing it. Been a fan since Mixtape About Nothing but he can keep this joint.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ guardians of the galaxy and willie Nelson bodying you
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    What seemed off to me was that Ross dropped and that ? stopped all Wale';s momentum. he didn't have much on this album in my opinion b/c he didn't' have a hit single like he's had on all his other albums. that fashion week ? wasn't it....PYT was cool but his momentum form that ? died months and months ago. Seem like after that J cole diss he had momentum then next thing you know Ross dropping an album and Wale ? ...then he says it's dropping 5/5 like a metaphor on his 5th album,,,then all of the sudden the ? is moved up outta the blue.

With that said this album is a 6/10 at best. The last 5 songs are all trash Then why put PYT dna and that junt with chris brown back to back to back...that ? killed the whole vibe...this is his worst album

@ the ross ? , that's the problem with signing to another artist especially an artist that isn't that much bigger
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Didn't keep a single song off the album

my ? infamous sounds really disgusted...like you'd put hands on wale for making this ? and wasting your time listening

@infamous114
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dammmmnnnnnn that ? flopped hard asf
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's his fault tho. He decided to bring his album out a week early, the day before he actually dropped it. A lot ppl didn't even know it was dropping
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    That's his fault tho. He decided to bring his album out a week early, the day before he actually dropped it. A lot ppl didn't even know it was dropping

i didn't know it dropped til i logged in this morning
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fashion week and Fish and grits are the only tracks I kept.

And I still think fashion week is the track of the year.

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have no idea what yall see in Fashion Week
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all better sticky my album thread this Friday.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

@ the ross ? , that's the problem with signing to another artist especially an artist that isn't that much bigger

Wale got number one and gold albums after signing with Ross, what's wrong with u ? ? Sounds like good problems to have under another rapper to me, wale just bullshittin