Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

Options

Comments

• Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Too many sheep.

Not enough willing to test the waters.

Outside his dad bring an ass...I like the heart
    Imagine Lavars blueprint without being an ass tho... imagine if he had the same game plan and was.....

Wait for it....

Humble.

Either way, folks would say sumthin

I mean, if he came out on the humble, he prolly wouldn't have gotten as much pub

& as they say (good or bad) publicity is publicity
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    I mean, I get why sum folks wouldn't like pops

but I don't understand folks wantin to see them fail (esp. black folk)

unless you're one of the major shoe companies, how would them succeeding really affect your bottom line?

I understand the shoe companies wanting him to fail and I understand white folks and ? wanting him to fail. But for non ? to wish failure on him is crazy.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    The only reason it sold is because he priced them so high and hypebeast bit.

If they were priced anywhere near a normal priced shoe (KD, Lebrons ? ass, Jordan, Kyrie, ect...) he wouldnt sold ? with them ugly ass shoes.

Props to the hustle but while he makin a quick buck his dad turning his son into a villian who is hard to root for.

As a Bulls fan who saw Derrick Rose & his brother, your family will ? up your public persona easily.

And ? dad is DRose brother X10.

You already know he gonna be courtside every game too

Hypebeast weren't biting onto it neither. Matter of fact n-gga's from Niketalk were disrespecting the sh-t out of them.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ no refunds or exchanges
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    $150 k in a day, no help is nothing to brush off. That ? getting it. Lavar earned some respek this week.

Maybe, maybe not. Somebody has to make these shoes, that's why he went to the big names(nike,adidas,reebok). None of them bought in so I'm assuming he had to go a cheaper route, let's see how that trend goes in the future.

He probably had to go a more expensive route hence the price tag. None of the big companies will ever buy in. Regardless. This ? is terrifying to nike. No one is getting in the sport shoe industry without millions behind them and even then its an uphill battle.

I didn't respect it when lavar went to nike talking about "growing his brand" cause it seemed he was essentially doing what Kanye was doing years back and begging to be down. With nothing to really offer besides his name.
    So far I've seen a good looking shoe, and I've seen him push a brand off to a decent start and instantly create capital in a tough market.

Now he's put alot on his kids talent so if lonzo comes out stiffing the brand will he in a rough spot. Lol. One of his sons ideally has to blow up huge for this to have a true shot. Thats what Lavar is betting on. Nike praying lonzo ? his ankle up or his foot bust out the side of the shoe. Cause what happens when the next Lebron's father is on that ? .

Gotta respect the hustle if nothing else. He can very possibly change the shoe game as we know it.

@KingFreeman

He not really changing the shoe game.

Shaq and Marbury got their own shoe.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    $150 k in a day, no help is nothing to brush off. That ? getting it. Lavar earned some respek this week.

Maybe, maybe not. Somebody has to make these shoes, that's why he went to the big names(nike,adidas,reebok). None of them bought in so I'm assuming he had to go a cheaper route, let's see how that trend goes in the future.

He probably had to go a more expensive route hence the price tag. None of the big companies will ever buy in. Regardless. This ? is terrifying to nike. No one is getting in the sport shoe industry without millions behind them and even then its an uphill battle.

I didn't respect it when lavar went to nike talking about "growing his brand" cause it seemed he was essentially doing what Kanye was doing years back and begging to be down. With nothing to really offer besides his name.
    So far I've seen a good looking shoe, and I've seen him push a brand off to a decent start and instantly create capital in a tough market.

Now he's put alot on his kids talent so if lonzo comes out stiffing the brand will he in a rough spot. Lol. One of his sons ideally has to blow up huge for this to have a true shot. Thats what Lavar is betting on. Nike praying lonzo ? his ankle up or his foot bust out the side of the shoe. Cause what happens when the next Lebron's father is on that ? .

Gotta respect the hustle if nothing else. He can very possibly change the shoe game as we know it.

@KingFreeman

Marbury was just trying to do a good thing and put quality shoes on kids feet for cheap prices. He wasn't trying to build a brand. Shaq was ? with payless. Dead end movements.
  • MR.CJ
    edited May 2017
    Options

@KingFreeman

Marbury was just trying to do a good thing and put quality shoes on kids feet for cheap prices. He wasn't trying to build a brand. Shaq was ? with payless. Dead end movements.

What I'm saying is Lonzo isn't the first athlete to have his own shoe and shaq is with wal mart
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AZTG wrote: »
    I hope they succeed, really do

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They succeed, it changes everything for the better, competition breeds innovation.
  • KingFreeman
    Options

@KingFreeman

What I'm saying is Lonzo isn't the first athlete to have his own shoe and shaq is with wal mart

I get that. But I think this is the first time an athlete has taken a you with me or against me approach against the machine. Shaq and Marbury weren't trying to compete with the top of the market. They offer cheap alternatives. (Not knocking them just saying) The Ball family approaching on a level on one has before. They going hard for a seat at the table. I've cracked my fair share of jokes and have made my criticisms but I can step back and say I'm impressed with what I'm seeing right now.
  • MR.CJ
    edited May 2017
    Options

@KingFreeman

I get that. But I think this is the first time an athlete has taken a you with me or against me approach against the machine. Shaq and Marbury weren't trying to compete with the top of the market. They offer cheap alternatives. (Not knocking them just saying) The Ball family approaching on a level on one has before. They going hard for a seat at the table. I've cracked my fair share of jokes and have made my criticisms but I can step back and say I'm impressed with what I'm seeing right now.

Which means they were competing against the machine.

Marbury used to called out Jordan and LeBron years ago
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Ok. You got it.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Yo did 150k or something in a day. It doesn't matter what happens they won no matter what.

And Nice Kicks think they're laughing, I'll bet those same bloggers don't own 1 single share or piece of Nice Kicks and prolly writing articles for free. The audacity SMMFH.

Can't say if they won or not until they close out a year. With the noise around this the intitial numbers are equivalent to first week album sales hype. They need to close a calendar year $2 million in the green after costs to make it worth it because that's what he could've made off rip getting an endorsement.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    I cant get past the Bugatti logo rip off. Plus the brand name is corny. I put these kicks in the same category as them DaDa Spinner shoes and Starburys.

they remind me of and 1's lol
    frank_00031-2.jpg
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is something that will have ramifications in that family and in how athletes do business. I'm hoping Lavar's business is good and he delivers a quality product. It would be disheartening to see him fail due to character defects. It might also present as a road-block for the next person. However, he is opening up minds, so even though I think he's a clown, the splash that he's making is a good thing. Ambition is a huge part of success. Might be 5 players in that draft better than Ball, with a better idea, and better shoe, but Lonzo and his father are really doing this.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wal-Mart quality joints for $500. I'm good.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Too many sheep.

Not enough willing to test the waters.

Outside his dad bring an ass...I like the heart
    Imagine Lavars blueprint without being an ass tho... imagine if he had the same game plan and was.....

Wait for it....

Humble.

Only reason anyone know of this ? is his dad saying outlandish ? .

Who is the ? that's going to be the#1 pick? I don't know ? about him. Dude wouldn't have a shoe if he didn't have attention
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....A la nipsey hustle
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

They succeed, it changes everything for the better, competition breeds innovation.

Plus it would get athletes in the mindset to stop being million dollar slaves.