Options
13»

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    EVERY KRS/BDP ALBUM FROM 87-97 IS DOPE IMO

Yeah, thats the thing about being on a major label, they make sure that your album is solid before it gets released to the public. They make sure you have 2 or 3 radio singles and if they don't think its gonna appeal to the masses (or at least appeal to your core audience) they'll make you go back in the studio until you come up with a hit.

With independent labels, they accept whatever you give them and press it. As result, there's no hits. KRS hasn't had a hit since he was on Jive records in 1997. You might say he's "keeping it real" but I think its realer to have 2 radio singles on your album than to have an album full of backpacker theme music.

I think Nas keeps a good balance of pure, raw Hip Hop with meaningful lyrics while making hits for the masses. I wish KRS could keep that balance.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    KRS-One Is "One" Of The G.O.A.T.'s.

My Favorite KRS-One Song Is "Step Into A World".

MINE TOO.THE FIRST TIME I HEARD STEP INTO A WORLD WAS LIKE THIS!
    104374_chris-farley-surprise-shock.gif

• Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Options
    My introduction to krs one was when I purchased the retrospective CD in NYC. Never looked back, legend. He is amazing live as well.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    The KRS-One "dislike" started when he started running around trying to tell everybody who is and isn't "hip hop" and going on "Nobody gives me credit for anything in hip hop" type rants for a good minute.

There is not a single Hip-Hop fan that dislikes KRS-One. Maybe a fan of pop, commercial rap and everything else on the billboard, but Hip-Hop fan? Nah, KRS-One embodies Hip-Hop at its core. He is THE MC.

And lol at disliking an elite MC, because they're calling out what they see as ? and don't believe they're getting their just due.

... 'Til this day, KRS is the only ? that has that special ability to make rappers forget that they rap. ? turn from "the best rapper in the area" to "nah I just be ? around", almost instantly lol.

Yeah you missed the point. It wasn't what he was doing it was how he was doing it and it was stupid as ? . Just because a rapper doesn't do music you like don't mean they not hip hop. That has nothing to do with billboard charts KRS was acting a damn fool complaining all the time about ? . Nobody ever said his ability to rap suffered it was the ? outside of rap that annoyed people. And stop acting like he some flawless mc with super powers...he's just a rapper bruh
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The KRS-One "dislike" started when he started running around trying to tell everybody who is and isn't "hip hop" and going on "Nobody gives me credit for anything in hip hop" type rants for a good minute.

There is not a single Hip-Hop fan that dislikes KRS-One. Maybe a fan of pop, commercial rap and everything else on the billboard, but Hip-Hop fan? Nah, KRS-One embodies Hip-Hop at its core. He is THE MC.

And lol at disliking an elite MC, because they're calling out what they see as ? and don't believe they're getting their just due.

... 'Til this day, KRS is the only ? that has that special ability to make rappers forget that they rap. ? turn from "the best rapper in the area" to "nah I just be ? around", almost instantly lol.

Yeah you missed the point. It wasn't what he was doing it was how he was doing it and it was stupid as ? . Just because a rapper doesn't do music you like don't mean they not hip hop. That has nothing to do with billboard charts KRS was acting a damn fool complaining all the time about ? . Nobody ever said his ability to rap suffered it was the ? outside of rap that annoyed people. And stop acting like he some flawless mc with super powers...he's just a rapper bruh

Your tone comes off as insecure, kind of like the average white person when they get all flustered when black athletes celebrate or exude confidence.

If KRS or any other elite rapper wants to call out what they see as wack ? , then it is what it is. If one of the other rappers had a problem with it, they should have said something. I see nothing wrong with stating your opinion when qualified on the subject, the holding your tongue, PC ? is what irks me some.

And as far as MCing goes, KRS is as good as it gets.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Nas ever get round to making that unauthorized biography of Krs-One? he said he was gonna make it at the end of the Rakim one.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I still don't know why the southerners and the young ? don't like KRS One

..because he wont denounce Africa bam bottoms New York lost. Y'all was soft before snoop came thru and crushed the buildings and now the world knows it ha ha!
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, KRS is the truth. And as far as battle-rappers go, he's on Mt. Rushmore along with Cube and a few others.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been telling these ic ? for years that KRS is toilet bowl rings
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Yeah, KRS is the truth. And as far as battle-rappers go, he's on Mt. Rushmore along with Cube and a few others.

yet he was beat by nelly. NELLY?!?!.... HUH?!?! ....WHAT THE.....?!?!
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New album dropped today...

KRS-One - The World Is MIND
    https://youtu.be/67Ei4FmRLaY
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Appreciate it I had no clue
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good look
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new album is hard beats and bars...

Surpassed what I expected...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I ? with these joints from the sneak attack back in the early 2000s

I was born in 1990 but tony hawk and dave mirra games in the late 90s early 2000s put me on to a bunch of classic hip hop artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8eyWuqRSMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aD8wVwdCEc
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't like KRS 1And BDP your wic wic wack.
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They way he flipped "? Dang Doodle', this beat goes hard
    https://youtu.be/011sFLm9eY0
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    But ? KRS one regarding the bambaataa situation
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just listened to some of it. I'll grab it later and buy it.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS is that dude. Edutainment is my ? . This album was waaaay ahead of its time in regards to subject matter.

Beef

Love's gonna getcha

30 cops

The Racists

House ?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    KRS is that dude. Edutainment is my ? . This album was waaaay ahead of its time in regards to subject matter.

Beef

Love's gonna getcha

30 cops

The Racists

House ?

Yep, that was his best album to me. Was a senior in high school when it dropped, you was hearing that everywhere
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new album is nice yo!
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I copped it yesterday.
    It's cool. 7/10