Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

Options

Comments

• TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    These wack ass shoes from this clown is no different than a 500$ belt from gucci or a 759$ bag from LV from some European clown...

Its all trash that wont do anything for you

This ? ain't got positive ? to say ever lol I bet when you log off yo life miserable
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    These wack ass shoes from this clown is no different than a 500$ belt from gucci or a 759$ bag from LV from some European clown...

^^^? said by broke ? with no sense of style of ability and/or to evaluate quality

all luxury ? is not the same

and I don't even understand the hate the Ball family gets for these shoes.....they sound like fine entrepreneurial american citizens

just sound like typical people hating cuz someone else busy making moves to get money

meanwhile u criticizing what Lonzo Ball is selling, what are u selling besides urself?
    blackrain wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Sad to read so many I need a supervisor/worker bee mentalities

It shouldn't be. Majority of people aren't fit to run their own ? . Its why majority of businesses fail...because people underestimate how much work goes into it
    Sad to read so many I need a supervisor/worker bee mentalities

It shouldn't be. Majority of people aren't fit to run their own ? . Its why majority of businesses fail...because people underestimate how much work goes into it

That's fine but the defeatist mentality in here of folks that are not even willing to try will always be sad to me.

The video not directed at you just a different perspective for the thread is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJS2WfOTTg

I actually had to shut my PC down an take a nap after reading these...

the three ? I disagree with mostly ate disagreeing with each other..

I though I was seeing ? or was slipped a Mickey or some ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I'm still on the fences with this dude an shoes.

he's not coming from a business mind.

he's coming from an opportunistic mind.

there's a world of difference.

even if he succeeds. that doesn't make him a good business person. he took advantage of a timeframe outside driven opportunity.

if his son or any of his sons hated their dad...they can hold this whole ? hostage by refusing to play.

those against him are dug in deep an can influence alot...
    what if a coach doesn't play him?
    what if a Cinderella type ? outshines him an takes the starting spot?

there's so many questions.... an his intentions are not good.

I wouldn't invest in this. I want to support him but his whole model is wrong and toouch negative energy.

if you can't afford it you ain't a baller? really?

would y'all really put up with that ? from Nike?

but then again....I got $49 sneakers. a 2ct wedding band and cut my own hair...so I may just be confused.

what do I know
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope his dad dies
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    What the Ball family is doing should be lauded and is commendable. However, how Lavar is doing it should not. He's not coming across as genuine, or particularly intelligent. ? , the ? damn near trolling his way to success. He seems opportunistic, overbearing, and just an all-around nuisance. You don't alienate a potential consumer base by saying they don't fit your brand's criteria because they don't have the money to pay for your unproven son's shoe. That's ? stupid.

As far as his son bearing the brunt of his father's obnoxiousness when he gets to the league, I don't know how it'll pan out. I do know he's no LeBron. LeBron was/is truly an anomaly. His body build, fundamental skill set, athleticism and basketball iq were already off the charts before he even got to the league. The potential bust factor for Bron was way smaller than it is for Lonzo. I saw Bron play in hs, and I already knew he was different.

I say that to say this: Lonzo ain't even close to being a LeBron-caliber player, so every target that's on you is not the same as the next man's, nor are the abilities to deal with said target. His shot is ? weird and will be hindered if not tended to. He's not particularly athletic or quick. He's an ok passer. Not really that strong and he needs to hit the weight room. Defense is lacking, and he hasn't really shown us anything that we haven't seen a million times by people that are better than him and still have faltered at the next level.

At this point, he's just a good college player that has to prove he can cut it for himself, and his idiot father. Would there be pressure on him without his pop wylin' out all the time? Undoubtedly. Should he hafta deal with extra pressure when he wasn't even the one that created it? No.

Someone needs to tell the dad to chill and that he's coming across like a selfish leech.

This
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    What the Ball family is doing should be lauded and is commendable. However, how Lavar is doing it should not. He's not coming across as genuine, or particularly intelligent. ? , the ? damn near trolling his way to success. He seems opportunistic, overbearing, and just an all-around nuisance. You don't alienate a potential consumer base by saying they don't fit your brand's criteria because they don't have the money to pay for your unproven son's shoe. That's ? stupid.

As far as his son bearing the brunt of his father's obnoxiousness when he gets to the league, I don't know how it'll pan out. I do know he's no LeBron. LeBron was/is truly an anomaly. His body build, fundamental skill set, athleticism and basketball iq were already off the charts before he even got to the league. The potential bust factor for Bron was way smaller than it is for Lonzo. I saw Bron play in hs, and I already knew he was different.

I say that to say this: Lonzo ain't even close to being a LeBron-caliber player, so every target that's on you is not the same as the next man's, nor are the abilities to deal with said target. His shot is ? weird and will be hindered if not tended to. He's not particularly athletic or quick. He's an ok passer. Not really that strong and he needs to hit the weight room. Defense is lacking, and he hasn't really shown us anything that we haven't seen a million times by people that are better than him and still have faltered at the next level.

At this point, he's just a good college player that has to prove he can cut it for himself, and his idiot father. Would there be pressure on him without his pop wylin' out all the time? Undoubtedly. Should he hafta deal with extra pressure when he wasn't even the one that created it? No.

Someone needs to tell the dad to chill and that he's coming across like a selfish leech.

Exactly. It seems like alot can't separate appreciating what Lavar Ball is trying to do from how he's going about doing it.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

^^^? said by broke ? with no sense of style of ability and/or to evaluate quality

I have a 401k, car payed off and health insurance and I leave the country on vacation twice a year.

No bag is worth 800 of my dollars regardless of quality.
    Might be worth 800 of yours but mine is better off in my bank account

lemme find out u one of them mofos taking worldwide trips using baggage u purchased from Walmart

All them ? is made by poor Chinese kids ?
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So another company can leech of his kid and dump him when they are done with Lonzo? It is ok for another company take advantage?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »

So another company can leech of his kid and dump him when they are done with Lonzo? It is ok for another company take advantage?

I mean technically every body on the planet thats been endorsed by a company is being leeched off of, thats the way buisness works, you endorse a ? they get paid, you get paid, you wanna go your own route then cool, i hope that they do well at the end of the day but i agree 100% with wat the op said, mainly 1.? that $500 price tag 2.? that price tag for any unproven ass college player 3.that ? daddy does need to chill a bit
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    dnyce215 wrote: »

I mean technically every body on the planet thats been endorsed by a company is being leeched off of, thats the way buisness works, you endorse a ? they get paid, you get paid, you wanna go your own route then cool, i hope that they do well at the end of the day but i agree 100% with wat the op said, mainly 1.? that $500 price tag 2.? that price tag for any unproven ass college player 3.that ? daddy does need to chill a bit

I see what you saying, the price tag is crazy. I have no problem him going hard for his son. He has to remember they going to come and cash in them Wolf tickets Lavar is selling.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad to see a bunch of fake ass ceos in here
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have a 401k, car payed off and health insurance and I leave the country on vacation twice a year.

the bolded means nothing without context bruh....there are always levels to the ?

for ex. if u had a millie in ur 401K, a paid off '16 BMW M6, and took trips to Thailand and Dubai 1st class

u wouldn't compare urself to a ? that's a couple hunnid deep in his 401K, a paid off 1998 Mazda millenia, and only take chicken cart flights to PR and Jamaica

same thing with a dude who feels he purchased an $800 bag to travel with

meanwhile a lot of cats think they being cheap, meanwhile they keep buying $200 - $400 bags every year just to travel with

well if that $800 bag lasts 6-7yrs and u replacing ur current "cheaper" bags every 2 yrs, then who is really spending more money? haha that's the ? ? don't pay attention to

lemme find out u one of them mofos taking worldwide trips using baggage u purchased from Walmart

guilty....

travel all over with cheap ass luggage.

be looking broke ass fukk but I'm there

SMH....not surprised

u the type of ? who be in the airport with flip flops on :(

u stay being proud to look like a ? haha
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around ? off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    I'm still on the fences with this dude an shoes.

he's not coming from a business mind.

he's coming from an opportunistic mind.

there's a world of difference.

even if he succeeds. that doesn't make him a good business person. he took advantage of a timeframe outside driven opportunity.

if his son or any of his sons hated their dad...they can hold this whole ? hostage by refusing to play.

those against him are dug in deep an can influence alot...
    what if a coach doesn't play him?
    what if a Cinderella type ? outshines him an takes the starting spot?

there's so many questions.... an his intentions are not good.

I wouldn't invest in this. I want to support him but his whole model is wrong and toouch negative energy.

if you can't afford it you ain't a baller? really?

would y'all really put up with that ? from Nike?

but then again....I got $49 sneakers. a 2ct wedding band and cut my own hair...so I may just be confused.

what do I know

another hypocritical post from u bruh

business minded people are opportunistic.....there is nothing wrong with that......and if u can't recognize how to take advantage of an opportunity when it's presented to u, then u ain't a good business person in my opinion

ask former shareholders of Blockbuster what they think of business leaders who ignore opportunity

the Ball family ain't selling drugs and or putting a gun to someone head to make them buy these shoes

and it's funny that u used Nike as a comparison when Nike's whole business strategy has been "product differentiation" (google that term bruh) since the 1st time they asked Jordan to wear their shoes back in the 80s

Nike already been doing this ? , but when a small business owner does it now u got an issue with it SMH

but u be one of the 1st ones talking that black economic power ? in motivation threads tho :(
  • blakfyahking
    Options

@Copper

normally I agree with ur posts

but u being a hypocrit about this luxury ? .......nothing wrong with luxury as long as u living within ur means

cuz by ur logic we can assume that u wear nothing but Payless shoes and no-name clothes from discount stores

otherwise u better not have even 1 pair of Nikes in ur closet, not even the $49 ones like @2stepz_ahead haha
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

@Copper

normally I agree with ur posts

but u being a hypocrit about this luxury ? .......nothing wrong with luxury as long as u living within ur means

cuz by ur logic we can assume that u wear nothing but Payless shoes and no-name clothes from discount stores

otherwise u better not have even 1 pair of Nikes in ur closet, not even the $49 ones like @2stepz_ahead haha

aye...they ugly ass ? but they serve a dual purpose.

sneakers that pass as boots/ shoed. no need for two pair an flashy footwear was never my thing
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around ? off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

I ain't buying them ? but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

? in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own ? and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

? talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that ? translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a BBB ting