Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around ? off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

Yeah because thats how you view doing business. Maybe they look at it differently. My point is people think someone else "should" do things their way. Its kinda like my dad and his era compared to mine. "you gotta do it like this" uh unless its illegal, no you dont. People wanna hold people back to their limits but they dont gotta do none of that people will either buy em or not. There may be people who like how they are going about things. Obviously if they sold some. Im sayin fck it they doin it their way...I aint made no 100,000 in one day and pretty sure none or very few of commenters here have. Therefore...
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just curious as to whether he had the right approach to all this.

I usually figure quality sells itself. Seems like his mistake was being all loud about it out the gate. Playing the back ground may have been a better way id guess.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lonzo is just one B in BBB he's just the first B

It doesn't die with him, I'm tired of saying this
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had it like that, I'd buy em and give em away or something
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Let me chime in.

500$ price tag? Hell Nah. Nothing about that shoe screams 500$.... But BBB is trying to recoup the profits immediately while the hype is high!. Most start-ups settle for a lost for the first couple years until they build momentum.

This shoe at best is a 120$ shoe.

1. It has a strong Kobe 11 feel with a "Boost" like midsole in the heel so its not too original.

2. Theres NO brand equity that would convince me to buy into this brand. Lavar Ball is basically saying buy my shoe if you want to be a true "Baller". Thats cool and all, but.... why should I do that? I mean, really... why should I do that?

3. The quality as far as design goes from their other products are ? poor. I mean the shirts look uninspiring. The "Baller" font looks like the font you use to turn a 3 page paper into a 7 page paper. I mean its basically just screen printed shirts with a ? logo on them.

With that said, Its commendable that they were able to put together a brand with a new basketball shoe and apparel line... no doubt.. but lets be honest here....... theres nothing to this brand other than an unproven lottery pick and a loud mouth father speaking arbitrarily about being a "baller".

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    These wack ass shoes from this clown is no different than a 500$ belt from gucci or a 759$ bag from LV from some European clown...

Its all trash that wont do anything for you

^^^? said by broke ? with no sense of style of ability and/or to evaluate quality

all luxury ? is not the same

I have a 401k, car payed off and health insurance and I leave the country on vacation twice a year.

No bag is worth 800 of my dollars regardless of quality.
    Might be worth 800 of yours but mine is better off in my bank account

lemme find out u one of them mofos taking worldwide trips using baggage u purchased from Walmart

All them ? is made by poor Chinese kids ?

@Copper

normally I agree with ur posts

but u being a hypocrit about this luxury ? .......nothing wrong with luxury as long as u living within ur means

cuz by ur logic we can assume that u wear nothing but Payless shoes and no-name clothes from discount stores

otherwise u better not have even 1 pair of Nikes in ur closet, not even the $49 ones like @2stepz_ahead haha

aye...they ugly ass ? but they serve a dual purpose.

sneakers that pass as boots/ shoed. no need for two pair an flashy footwear was never my thing

? @ the bolded.........so why even get Nikes at all then?

u could've got some pro-wings/etonics/keds sneaker-boots my ?

just admit that u just might be a bamma and just don't want help with ur issues :(
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These wack ass shoes from this clown is no different than a 500$ belt from gucci or a 759$ bag from LV from some European clown...

^^^? said by broke ? with no sense of style of ability and/or to evaluate quality

I have a 401k, car payed off and health insurance and I leave the country on vacation twice a year.

lemme find out u one of them mofos taking worldwide trips using baggage u purchased from Walmart

@Copper

but u being a hypocrit about this luxury ? .......nothing wrong with luxury as long as u living within ur means

cuz by ur logic we can assume that u wear nothing but Payless shoes and no-name clothes from discount stores

otherwise u better not have even 1 pair of Nikes in ur closet, not even the $49 ones like @2stepz_ahead haha

sneakers that pass as boots/ shoed. no need for two pair an flashy footwear was never my thing

just admit that u just might be a bamma and just don't want help with ur issues :(

smdh...? you still trying....I like your tenacity.

one day you will go far...

you remind me of a young me*dniff sniff*...always going after a niggawho you think talking ? ...

I got nikes causevthey was the first ones I saw on the discount rack in a store going outta business.

nothing more to it

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His ? ass wife swimming in black $$$
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    But who cares though. Get out there, sell your shoes (he apparently sold some) the end. Nobody is the "he should act like" police. Nobody gonna act exactly according to your parameters. Doesnt mean you have to like it. Dont buy em if you dont want too.

It matters because part of a business is making sure your product is appealing enough to sell consistently. If you're going around ? off your potential base that's not really a good way to sustain a business.

But that's not your business to tell him who to market to or how

That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

I ain't buying them ? but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

? in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own ? and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

? talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that ? translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

I never said he can't run his business how he sees fit, but his ? ain't immune to criticism. Some of ya'll acting like he's somehow above being critiqued for how he's going about things. He's selling a product and as a potential consumer any one of us has the right to say "Nah, that ? ain't working".
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's their business so they get to run it how they see fit. If you don't meet the parameters of what he considers a Big Baller then the shoes ain't for you

I ain't buying them ? but I don't have a problem with nothing he doing or how he promotes them. He getting attention and if Lonzo handle his business, the shoes going sell thanks to his mouth

? in here making up any reason, "oh I don't have a problem but..." make your own ? and do it how you want, let him run theirs their way

? talking about Lonzo weak and a average player foh..Lonzo is one of the top 5 prospects of the last 5 years...if that ? translate his game to the next level, he's going instantly make a team competitive

You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The ? ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

You ? that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as ? .

Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Copper

smdh...? you still trying....I like your tenacity.

one day you will go far...

you remind me of a young me*dniff sniff*...always going after a niggawho you think talking ? ...

I got nikes causevthey was the first ones I saw on the discount rack in a store going outta business.

nothing more to it

bruh I promise a "young" u couldn't even imagine my level

ur money tactics been suspect my ?

the fact that u married and wearing $49 shoes proudly, already says u can't run in the league I'm in

I can tell u struggle with managing ur bread..........holla at me when u finally wise up and realize u need a mentor :(
  • blackrain
    Options
    Man listen, if dude plays well, the shoes will sell. If he doesn't, they wont. ? father or not. He may sell more because of the attention that his pops brought to the brand.

A lot of ppl are waiting to see if he ? out before they dickride the wave and buy a pair. The same ppl that laugh and wait on you to fall, are the same sheep that follow you when you ball. More publicity, more sheep, more money.

Waiting to see if Lonzo is actually successful before supporting the overall brand isn't ? riding. Who the hell would support the brand of a player that is mediocre or even worse? If Lonzo Ball ends up being just a 7th man off the bench then you shouldn't expect him to be a high profile endorsement type athlete. If he plays to the level his father hopes then it shouldn't be a shock if the shoes sell because of his on the court success. That's how athlete endorsements work
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Man listen, if dude plays well, the shoes will sell. If he doesn't, they wont. ? father or not. He may sell more because of the attention that his pops brought to the brand.

A lot of ppl are waiting to see if he ? out before they dickride the wave and buy a pair. The same ppl that laugh and wait on you to fall, are the same sheep that follow you when you ball. More publicity, more sheep, more money.

Waiting to see if Lonzo is actually successful before supporting the overall brand isn't ? riding. Who the hell would support the brand of a player that is mediocre or even worse? If Lonzo Ball ends up being just a 7th man off the bench then you shouldn't expect him to be a high profile endorsement type athlete. If he plays to the level his father hopes then it shouldn't be a shock if the shoes sell because of his on the court success. That's how athlete endorsements work

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. If he's successful, ppl will flock to purchase his sneakers. The "dickriders" will see that and then decide to buy the shoes, "be sheep" and follow the trend. Those same exact dickriders will laugh if he doesn't succeed.

"Dickride the wave"
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either way this is going to be a great 30 for 30 win or lose.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

You see and hear what you wanna see and hear. The ? ain't nothing we haven't seen is my point. I know you're referring to me with majority of this post, but nowhere did I say Lonzo was an average player. Everything I mentioned has been brought up by people more knowledgeable than me, so your gripe is misdirected.

You ? that hafta go against the grain on every topic to show that you're somehow "above it all" are oftentimes illogical as ? .

Lavar is counting his chickens before they hatch with this approach. Since when is being reckless with your mouth and making your son the villain, before he's even had a chance to prove himself, a good business model?

You are right about one thing though: It isn't our right to dictate how someone runs a business that isn't ours. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, from the outside looking in. And from the outside, it looks like the father is annoying, delusional and selfish.

How it is annoying

Turn off your tv bro and he goes away

Y'all ? just be weak and masking hate with criticism

If his father ain't the character he is, these shoes don't get recognition or the national attention

I ain't going against any grain, I'm just not a ? ass ? ...words don't mean ? ...? cares what he say

Floyd Mayweather say/do the most ignorant ? but he the biggest boxing attraction last 10 years making 150+ mil for fights

Andre Ward been just as dominant but play the humble role, fraction of the attention. Fraction of the money

That ? gotta prove his self no matter what, this ? is sports...go big or go the ? home...these ? aiming for the top spot

The bold is ? ...words do matter. If they didn't then marketing wouldn't be an important part of how a product is sold. You just proved it with your Mayweather example. Because he talks ? the way he does it brings in more attention and more money while Andre Ward doesn't and thus makes less money.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The key word in the whole thing is brand. Basketball player shoes sell mostly for the brand that people buy into. I don't give a ? if this dude is black or not, he a snake ass ? who says stupid ? . I don't support Big Baller Brand because it's built on some ? ? . Come correct.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    can someone tell me where lavar is from?

what part of LA?

had me thinking.

if he's from LA. and came up at a time when ? was killing for sneakers they couldn't afford..

doesn't this make it just as bad as coonery when you say to your core demographic...if you can't afford them then you ain't a baller.

? knowing full well image drives poverty stricken areas. edprcially black areas but he don't give a fukk nor do those who support him cause it's ..If you dying for nike. then you can die for lo2.

the more I think about it...the more I don't like this ? .

this is about a ? greed...an fukk black people.

this ? son could get millions but this ? wants blood money.

I think I'll add him to the fukk paq, fukk Trump rants I go on.

fukk lavar..
    yea. that rolls right off the tongue.

• NoCompetition
    Options
    I just noticed something looking at the last several posts in this thread. He gettin continued publicity and the people who "dont like" what they are doing are the main ones still thinking/talkng about it. The last several posts show this. Yet they dont understand the bigger picture here. Trying to overthink and rationalize. They trying to make money. Yes they can do it too deal with it. We get it it aint emotional or about feelings and who you "like" nobody cares about your emotions smh. They got the naysayers the most interested and intrigued. Im fine with them selling to who they sell to and nobody is stopping that so what are yall saying?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just noticed something looking at the last several posts in this thread. He gettin continued publicity and the people who "dont like" what they are doing are the main ones still thinking/talkng about it. The last several posts show this. Yet they dont understand the bigger picture here. Trying to overthink and rationalize. They trying to make money. Yes they can do it too deal with it. We get it it aint emotional or about feelings and who you "like" nobody cares about your emotions smh. They got the naysayers the most interested and intrigued. Im fine with them selling to who they sell to and nobody is stopping that so what are yall saying?

really bruh?

I guess all lives matter to you also huh?
  • NoCompetition
    Options

really bruh?

So you think they should limit themselves and hold back on pricing? Does Gucci or Bally or Louie do this? Why should BBB try to settle for less? Just dont buy them. It makes no sense that they should do anything differently than they are doing it and guess what? Im right because everything Im sayingis whats actually happening. So again what are the naysayers even...talking about on any level? Nothing. All people gotta do is not buy them all the extra is nonsense.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

really bruh?

So you think they should limit themselves and hold back on pricing? Does Gucci or Bally or Louie do this? Why should BBB try to settle for less? Just dont buy them. It makes no sense that they should do anything differently than they are doing it and guess what? Im right because everything Im sayingis whats actually happening. So again what are the naysayers even...talking about on any level? Nothing. All people gotta do is not buy them all the extra is nonsense.

aint got ? to do with limits.
    his model is fukked up and is destructive an this ? aint even doing the hardwork.

his attitude sucks ass an is not helpful to those coming after him and he's hurting his sons.

it's bigger than a shoe...his aggression kills him before he gets off the ground.

its not about black or white per se but it is apart of it.

you are missing the big picture. but whatever...

what type ? says I'm right?
    ole chin up I got the better sand castle ass ? .
    yea. you got it