The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    @BlackAX410

who says no?

this years number 1 pick
    next year BK pick
    Crowder

to Pelicans for A.D

Mike Gorman was jus on NBC sports radio saying Ainge has 3 players he would package both picks for and AD is one of them

You make that trade man. I dont think the Pelicans make that trade. You never trade a player of ADs caliber until he tells you 100% hes not resigning

That offer is garbage.Ad a bonafide star who just turned 24.The point of the draft is to get that type of talent pelicans already have it.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    @BlackAX410

who says no?

this years number 1 pick
    next year BK pick
    Crowder

to Pelicans for A.D

Mike Gorman was jus on NBC sports radio saying Ainge has 3 players he would package both picks for and AD is one of them

You make that trade man. I dont think the Pelicans make that trade. You never trade a player of ADs caliber until he tells you 100% hes not resigning

That offer is garbage.Ad a bonafide star who just turned 24.The point of the draft is to get that type of talent pelicans already have it.

Exactly. And AD not just a star, but AD under the right coaching and if he can finally stay healthy can potentially be the best player in the league. I dont think AD has reached his potential with the Pelicans yet, he can be used better and be in a system that get him open shots he'd be even better.

AD can give you an efficient 26-30, 10+ rebounds, 2.5 blocks and be the best defender on the court.

I better not see a celtics fan say no to a potential trade.

Pelicans never trading AD anyway.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Hami ain't falling to the 2nd round. Some team is going to reach on him purely based off his potential. I got him in going as high as 12th and as low as the late first. BKN would be wise to swing for the fences with taking him or Giles.

I can see the Knicks going guard. OG would be a bit of a reach at 8. Even if he was healthy I wouldn't touch him in the top 10. His jumper is completely broken + he shoots a terrible percentage at the line also overall his offensive awareness/IQ is pretty low. I can see him being a MKG type of player at he next level.

I agree with Diallo, he ain't going lottery though. I wouldn't touch Giles anywhere in the 1st round. He was great in high school, tore up both knees and looked like a shell of himself at Duke. That guy is done as a potential star.

My fear for OG is him turning into MKG (i dont think OG's jumper is completely broken) but I'm probably higher on OG than most. Apparently he got waaay better from freshman to sophomore before the injury so Id like to assume that rate of improvement would continue.
    MillzOG wrote: »
    IT and Fultz can play together. I think they move Bradley/Crowder for a big

Alot of people been saying IT and Fultz can play together. That's true offensively but idk how they'll be a passable defense with both on the court together. The Boston 3 guard lineup works right now because Smart and Bradley are elite perimeter defenders. Take 1 of them off the court for Fultz and that defense would be atrocious b.

Diallo can ? the lottery if he does well in the private workouts and interviews. From 9-20 there should be a run on bigs Diallo is arguably he best backcourt prospect after Monk. As for OG I watched him both his freshmen and sophomore years a handful of times and I didn't see much growth. He had a higher usage rate but his skills were still lacking. Got most of his points in transition and around the rim. Struggled in the half court. Like Diallo he has great tools but still extremely raw.

As for Fultz and IT as a backcourt tandem it can certainly flop resulting in Boston trading IT. I can see it working because Fultz has enough size and length to hold his own against most 2 starting guards. When he's locked in he can be a really good defender at the next level. It would be smart to bring him along slowly. Maybe use him as a sixth man his first year while starting IT/Smart/Brown. Moving Crowder and AB for a rim protector. This team is about to be filthy for years regardless of how they finesse it.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    IT and Fultz can play together. I think they move Bradley/Crowder for a big

watch out for Pistons, Drummond may be on the move this summer and boston needs to fix they size issue

That would make sense if KCP walks. Can't see Boston trading for Bradley who's due for a big pay day with KCP already on a fresh new deal.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pistons gonna move somebody soon
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damn I didn't watch any of that combine so I have no idea about Jeanne..bit 7'2, 20 years old is crazy.

And WTF mid-1st round would be crazy for that ? . He literally did nothing but practice with Kentucky last year lol. I know he's a freak athlete but can he actually play basketball?? I agree though, I can see Milwaukee doing that or even taking that Jeanne cat we talking about. Milwaukee loves players with length nh

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? outta here with Drummond, Marc Gasol
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets got a pair of 2nd rounders. Probably some stash players unless morey package those to move up into the late first.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2017
    Options

Gasol due to fall off any day now. Drummond is a decade younger and locked into his deal for the next 4 years. Plus why would you want a guy who has a career average of less then 8 rebounds per game? Your startinf front court would combine for the same amount of boards AD would get you.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's doing the draft since what's his name got axed?
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The warriors have won 25 of their last 26 games.The only losses were when klay sat out and draymond,curry and durant sat the bulk of the 2nd half vs the jazz and the game kerr rested everybody vs the spurs.Last legit loss was to the t wolves over 2 months ago.

That's what I'm saying this years Warriors squad is the most unbeatable team in the history of all of sports. They've won 59 of there last 59 games and there only loss was when Cleveland went to golden state and kicked they ? mouths in for a World Championship......

tenor.gif
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just off of sheer highlights, i rather Tatum then fultz....like Tatum's size (n/h) and versatility(what seems to be) , and he would only get bigger and stronger.

Dont think the Cs system really needs a PG. They huck up 3s anyways...so don't really need a good PG for that ish.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2017
    Options

Gasol due to fall off any day now. Drummond is a decade younger and locked into his deal for the next 4 years. Plus why would you want a guy who has a career average of less then 8 rebounds per game? Your startinf front court would combine for the same amount of boards AD would get you.

Because Drummond is an awful fit with what we do here and he's a liability you can't even have him on the floor in the 4th, I don't care about rebound averages Marc is still a superior defender, passer and shooter, he's got 3 good years left playing with Horford will be the most dynamic front court in the league besides obviously NO but I don't even see them working together as good as Al and Marc, id rather see what we have with Zizic, matchvwhatever Olynyk gets offered and bring back Amir on a minimum deal than to deal with Drummond for 4 years, I love how people think all we need to do is plug in a rebounder and all is fixed it doesn't work like that
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Just off of sheer highlights, i rather Tatum then fultz....like Tatum's size (n/h) and versatility(what seems to be) , and he would only get bigger and stronger.

Dont think the Cs system really needs a PG. They huck up 3s anyways...so don't really need a good PG for that ish.

I don't disagree but I'm not drafting him at 1, im fleecing a team and moving down, I think we can do that to Phoenix who will probably move on from Bledsoe and I would assume would like to pair Fultz with Booker
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

While you are right about not needing a pg, you still gotta consider the fact that when you got the #1 pick, you gotta get the best talent available unless you just picked up a player at that position as a high draft pick.

Plus as good as IT is, hes gonna be 29 before the end of next season, and we know what happens to quick gaurds when they hit around 32, just see Tony Parker.

If im the celtics, first I decide what I want to do. Do I feel like im a legit contender that got a legit shot at the championship if I add a star and lets say a rebounding and defending big to the team, or, do I keep the status quo and keep building in a way where im peaking when Bron is finally starting to slow down.

Personally, im not ready to bet against Lebron and GSW even with another star, so ill take one of the 2 gaurds and build in a way where im a legit contender right towards the end of ITs prime where he might not be as effective, but still effective enough.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Because Drummond is an awful fit with what we do here and he's a liability you can't even have him on the floor in the 4th, I don't care about rebound averages Marc is still a superior defender, passer and shooter, he's got 3 good years left playing with Horford will be the most dynamic front court in the league besides obviously NO but I don't even see them working together as good as Al and Marc, id rather see what we have with Zizic, matchvwhatever Olynyk gets offered and bring back Amir on a minimum deal than to deal with Drummond for 4 years, I love how people think all we need to do is plug in a rebounder and all is fixed it doesn't work like that

Gasol is a better player currently im not disagreeing with that but your championship window realistically wont open for 2 to 3 more years. Why would you want to invest in a player who's turning 33 next year all while giving up significant assets?

Drummond has his flaws no doubt but he's still a hell of a player and young enough to grow into a much better player under the right guidance. Plus he fits the time line that of your young core. 4 years from now Brown and Fultz should be established and ready to roll AD will still only be 27 yrs old. Trading for Gasol would be hustling backwards.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man if the pels ever trade AD, i swear i wont watch another ? game from them

he can leave in FA, but the pels cant just trade him

no amount of future draft picks gon fill that void