Destroy & Rebuild has to be one of the most vicious diss songs ever

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I didn't like the fact Nas kicked Prodigy when he was already down and out. At least my ? P didn't wait half a year to diss to 2pac and approach Jay Z and in person. And besides Nas guilty of doing everything he accused P of with more than a few rappers. Musically it's a classic track but from day 1 I felt the message is very hypocritical throughout the song.

? went at Nas aswell while his mom died n ? . People don't ? around.

As Pac said they they fear me in my physical form

Nas used all these queens rappers as pawns

Kicked cormega unexpectedly out of the firm and proudly paraded nature as his replacement.
    When mega and nature fought Nas fell back and act like he ain't down with nature. Nate address the issue. Nas feels overwhelming guilt for turning his back and gas lights nature for wanting and explanation and his career handled properly. How can nas clown someone he promoted and helped sign for flopping.Yeah he did these ? ?

And Jay Z attacked Nas when his mom was sick not Prodigy. Prodigy could of gave Nas a deathblow at that time but gave him a pass like a true friend. Prodigy was on 4 songs on QB finest helping that album go gold when he could of been promoting HNIC 1 which was in stores at same time. Prodigy checked Jay Z at Justin's on behalf of QB and like Nas says " he just an out of towner". Prodigy been repping Hempstead just as long he been repping QB.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    My mother bought me the album as soon as it came out for Christmas, so my copy had braveheart party, with the 3 bonus tracks

Wait what version do I have then??? Mine has 15 tracks in total including "Braveheart Party" and the "bonus track" is "Every Ghetto".

Mine was 17 with braveheart party..

The 3 bonus was every ghetto, everybody crazy and no ideas original

No ideas original on stillmatic is a different beat than the one on lost tapes, while everybody crazy is the same
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My favorite song on there was Rewind! <3<3<3

Not my complete fave, but I agree that Rewind was ? fire.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mother bought me the album as soon as it came out for Christmas, so my copy had braveheart party, with the 3 bonus tracks

Wait what version do I have then??? Mine has 15 tracks in total including "Braveheart Party" and the "bonus track" is "Every Ghetto".

No ideas original on stillmatic is a different beat than the one on lost tapes, while everybody crazy is the same

Which one is the OG then???
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I didn't like the fact Nas kicked Prodigy when he was already down and out. At least my ? P didn't wait half a year to diss to 2pac and approach Jay Z and in person. And besides Nas guilty of doing everything he accused P of with more than a few rappers. Musically it's a classic track but from day 1 I felt the message is very hypocritical throughout the song.

Kicked cormega unexpectedly out of the firm and proudly paraded nature as his replacement.
    When mega and nature fought Nas fell back and act like he ain't down with nature. Nate address the issue. Nas feels overwhelming guilt for turning his back and gas lights nature for wanting and explanation and his career handled properly. How can nas clown someone he promoted and helped sign for flopping.Yeah he did these ? ?

And Jay Z attacked Nas when his mom was sick not Prodigy. Prodigy could of gave Nas a deathblow at that time but gave him a pass like a true friend. Prodigy was on 4 songs on QB finest helping that album go gold when he could of been promoting HNIC 1 which was in stores at same time. Prodigy checked Jay Z at Justin's on behalf of QB and like Nas says " he just an out of towner". Prodigy been repping Hempstead just as long he been repping QB.

Ok, but damn you have it twisted, what happened between Nas & Cormega, was that back in 96, Steve Stoute "Nas Manager At The Time" wanted cormega to sign with him to represent him as Publishing Deal but Mega didnt and went with Chris Lighty at Violator, and that resulted in Cormega getting kicked out the Firm.

Regarding the fall out between Nas & Nature, the ? that Nas said on Destroy & Rebuild, where Nas says "Nature moved to Marcy" Nas got offended by that because at the same time thats Jay-Z's hood, and Jigga & Nas were beefing at the time.

At end of the day nas did more to all this cormega\nature\az\qb ? than they did for him.

as far prodigy vs nas it was all competion. from the infamous to hnic dropped prodigy was as good as nas.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure but the lost tapes no ideas original is better
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love Nas down, but this quote isn't revised history. It's a beautiful thing to see all of those people getting along with each other now in 2k17! Kudos to Nas for being clairvoyant! Destroy And Rebuild is the epitome of life imitating art!!!!! <3<3<3
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I have the OG, I'll post it when I get to the crib.
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its so haaaaaaaaaaard to put a cowards name in my raps
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Here's the OG version. Bought on release date

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

*sidenote* I never realized he had his daughter has the executive producer on this :joy:
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I represent Queens Bridge USA
    where 2 SK's go off everyday
    new flesh lay
    all you little roaches and rats
    besides my man Ricky
    Nas the true ruler is back !!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

*sidenote* I never realized he had his daughter has the executive producer on this :joy:

Didn't that ? have ? as an executive producer on a few albums?
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man...this album got me through my senior year of high school...used to have this ? on repeat on them long bus rides to ballgames
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My favorite nas album till this day
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

Gotcha, same version I have. Pretty sure there were several different versions of ? 's Son as well.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you go to discogs they have all the reissues listed. Apparently the original version is what Stew posted. Then at some point they reissued a double CD that didn't have Braveheart Party and the bonus disc had songs from Lost Tapes.

https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Stillmatic/master/20243
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas was lowkey hilarious during this period. Between this and his power 105 interview he had nonstop quotables.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

? that was one thing I admired about Nas by putting her as the executive producer he ensure her publishing rights so as long as his ? is played comercially she will always get paid off of it. Like the line on Thugs mansion where he says "See I'm a good guy, I'm tryin to stick around for my daughter, But if I should die, I know all of my albums support her" was not just a line he made sure he really knew legally...
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

uv3hthzbtgxn.jpg

? gave Destinee credits so she can collect checks

Damn Nas that ? . Wish he could be my father lol. He is the realest .. Nobody else has done that

zvyyko19atlc.gif

I was just joking
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure but the lost tapes no ideas original is better

I like the original no ideas original better, but I bought the album the day it came out it only had Every ghetto as a bonus track how'd you get that version?