Yo what's up with UZI vert and young thug..this ? ? gotta stop in hiphop!

Options
13»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    ? ain't say ? about prince or MJ. Moral of the story is some of these ? talent wise need to step their game up. Grown 40 and 50 year old men who masculine as ? be talking down on ? wearing dresses but were huge fans of Thriller and Purple Rain. While i will never be caught dead in a dress the sus ? been going on for decades in music.

Terrible analogy. MJ and Prince could wear what they wanted cause of their music. You're forgetting both of them were out before music videos even existed. These new ? doing this ? for attention.

MJ and Prince worse that ? for attention too. Same with david bowie who bended a gender line too. My whole point is Uzi's music hasn't changed the game like Prince and MJ. However ? need to seperate music judging and fashion judging as 2 things.

Mid life crisis ass ? should not praise Prince and MJ then look down and act disgusted at Uzi or Young Thug.

As a 26 year old i just get sick of old ? talking down to my generation when crime was worse back in the early 90s (even in cities like Chicago, Suspect dressing by men in music and comedy was just as "curious" in the 70s and 80s as it is now, and teenage pregnancy has dropped in the last 5 years compared to the 80s and 90s.
    ? ain't say ? about prince or MJ. Moral of the story is some of these ? talent wise need to step their game up. Grown 40 and 50 year old men who masculine as ? be talking down on ? wearing dresses but were huge fans of Thriller and Purple Rain. While i will never be caught dead in a dress the sus ? been going on for decades in music.

Terrible analogy. MJ and Prince could wear what they wanted cause of their music. You're forgetting both of them were out before music videos even existed. These new ? doing this ? for attention.

MJ and Prince worse that ? for attention too. Same with david bowie who bended a gender line too. My whole point is Uzi's music hasn't changed the game like Prince and MJ. However ? need to seperate music judging and fashion judging as 2 things.

Mid life crisis ass ? should not praise Prince and MJ then look down and act disgusted at Uzi or Young Thug.

As a 26 year old i just get sick of old ? talking down to my generation when crime was worse back in the early 90s (even in cities like Chicago, Suspect dressing by men in music and comedy was just as "curious" in the 70s and 80s as it is now, and teenage pregnancy has dropped in the last 5 years compared to the 80s and 90s.

? outta here with this dumb ? , when Young thug or lil uzi vert drop some classics that define a genre like the artists you mentioned did, then holla at us grown folks.

Different does not equal talented. Learn that.

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Of course the white Mexican Tupac flags me when it's a fact his shady cracka dragqueen Klansmen gaaawd opened up the gates of faggotry n hip hop back n 2000...
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Destroy and rebuild. Let mainstream Hip Hop destroy itself and once all of the ignorant, vile, ? , violent gimmicks don't work, artist might just revert back to developing their talent
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? outta here with this dumb ? , when Young thug or lil uzi vert drop some classics that define a genre like the artists you mentioned did, then holla at us grown folks.

Old ass ? do you know how to read? My whole point is by all means you wanna talk about how wack ? music is as far as uzi then fine. But as far as a fashion standpoint it is hypocritical to let MJ slide with sleeping with kids or Prince to slide with his feminine qualities and fashion but then be outraged at uzi and thug from a fashion standpoint only.

Talent from a musical perspective and fashion sense are 2 different things. That's why people know MJ is the goat in basketball but he got clowned for his lack of fashion sense. The same ? should apply to musicians. Old ? ? me up when they wanted to dress like MJ or Prince back in the day then see uzi in a dress and freak out.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So MJ and Prince are Hip Hop artist now? ? kinda of argument and example is that? The ignorance on this site concerning Hip Hop grows with every nanosecond that passes.

When run-dmc did walk this way (don't care for the song) they didn't dress like steven tyler. They kept their ? Hip Hop. You don't have to compromise your Hip Hop sensibilities simply because you listen to other genres of music.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Old ass ? do you know how to read? My whole point is by all means you wanna talk about how wack ? music is as far as uzi then fine. But as far as a fashion standpoint it is hypocritical to let MJ slide with sleeping with kids or Prince to slide with his feminine qualities and fashion but then be outraged at uzi and thug from a fashion standpoint only.

Talent from a musical perspective and fashion sense are 2 different things. That's why people know MJ is the goat in basketball but he got clowned for his lack of fashion sense. The same ? should apply to musicians. Old ? ? me up when they wanted to dress like MJ or Prince back in the day then see uzi in a dress and freak out.

MJ never wore a dress, and don't be a dumb ? and believe he slept with any kids when they came out and said it was a lie. You defending the ? out these no talent ? is real telling ? . To even put these ? in the same discussion with two greats like MJ and Prince is disrespectful as ? . I'm changing your name to something or banning you, let me think on it
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    anduin wrote: »
    whatever, let them do them. I listen to the music, I wouldn't even know what most of these rappers look like without ? like this.

Exactly this pretty much how I look at it. If I like the song, I like the song. How much energy and attention to put into this type of thing? Why would I even spend time thinking on that? Wouldnt that be on me at that point? Very true about not knowing anything about most of this "stuff" if not for here. None of this is as interesting to me as it is to some others. Frankly its the type of stuff I dont want to be studying and dissecting and thinking on. Thats them and as has been said its the entertainment business and nothing new everybody aint gon be in the same box in that realm. Never was never will be. Has nothing to do with the song.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

MJ never wore a dress, and don't be a dumb ? and believe he slept with any kids when they came out and said it was a lie. You defending the ? out these no talent ? is real telling ? . To even put these ? in the same discussion with two greats like MJ and Prince is disrespectful as ? . I'm changing your name to something or banning you, let me think on it

I am not comparing them musically which is my entire point. We are talking about male musicians who have feminine characteristics to their personality and fashion. MJ's persona and personality and non singing voice sounded like a ? girl plain and simple. Prince had an androgynous element to him as well.

Old ? are posting videos of how Uzi's and Rich the kids are moving feminine but don't say ? about how MJ and Prince moved and dressed which is hypocritical. We can put these ? in the same discussion because the charges being brought up to the new school ? can be seen in previous eras of music and popular culture.

The easy cop out is to not face the facts i am pointing out is to bring talent into the discussion on threaten to change my name or ban me.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    m6p5im8kb1lz.jpg
    Ohh wee, Busta was fione!
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    81937f5e066af53480f773830117bbd2.jpg
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    Like I said, Lil B fathered these ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfH98Cqetbg

Lil b still ? ? tho

Probably ? too

You thinking about ? ? other ?

nice try but lil b is ? ass ?
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Of course the white Mexican Tupac flags me when it's a fact his shady cracka dragqueen Klansmen gaaawd opened up the gates of faggotry n hip hop back n 2000...

Meek carries a purse though.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    So MJ and Prince are Hip Hop artist now? ? kinda of argument and example is that? The ignorance on this site concerning Hip Hop grows with every nanosecond that passes.

When run-dmc did walk this way (don't care for the song) they didn't dress like steven tyler. They kept their ? Hip Hop. You don't have to compromise your Hip Hop sensibilities simply because you listen to other genres of music.

? been dressing weird as ? in hip hop since its inception. ? aint new
    l31dwqtpt94a.jpg
  • BackUpOffMe100
    BackUpOffMe100 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Options
    ? prince and MJ came out the gate with immense TALENT. PERIOD. ? still used to rag on prince though....everybody wanted a mike zipper jacket.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

? been dressing weird as ? in hip hop since its inception. ? aint new
    l31dwqtpt94a.jpg

Weird maybe

? , no

None of them dudes are wearing lady clothes or purses...some of the poses are a little sus but still
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't agree with this it's about balance that's two ? ppl accepted 2 not a legion of skinny jeans location wearing fruitcakes

And they only dressed fruity
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    So...are you guys still giving passes to 3K and Cee-Lo, for their wardrobes.

They are.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That purse hard af
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

I don't agree with this it's about balance that's two ? ppl accepted 2 not a legion of skinny jeans location wearing fruitcakes

Only dressed fruity. ? Prince and MJ talked with a feminine tone. ? outta here with "they only dressed fruity". Again they are legends in music. But to deny that they didn't act and dress sus is blind to the truth.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only dressed fruity. ? Prince and MJ talked with a feminine tone. ? outta here with "they only dressed fruity". Again they are legends in music. But to deny that they didn't act and dress sus is blind to the truth.

You's a cornball, b. Lol. That is all.
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this whole thread is disgusting on so many levels