In Hindsight How Do You Feel About Benzino?

Options

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I did like rock the party tho but I was 11 at the time. Haven't heard that ? since
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Yadda yadda yadda Em murked him on wax. Game overrrr. Everything else is irrelevant, besides The Source was widely known to be biased from the jump.

The source was giving innacurate mics to people that had connections over there...lil Kim got a near classic rating n I believe benzino was giving his group high ass ratings too. I never fell for the Eminem is a racist ? ...benzino always came off corny to me and with an agenda. Em obviously got some corny music but overall dude is a top 20 rapper of all time
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Lol Benzino isn't on the same echelon as Eminem, he definitely tarnished his career with those tapes but from a music standpoint y'all just need to stop, replay value lol only on the ic

? b delusional in here

"Benzino music got more replay than eminem's" can someone move this to the "dumbest things said in the reason" thread....lol benzino got a track w the replay value of

"Rock bottom"
    "Lose yourself"
    "Lighters"
    "Bad meets evil"
    "Sing for the moment"
    "Stan"
    "? please two"
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    And he didn't admit he lost in that video grandpa

Then what was he talking about?

? you posted the video..... Ja rule and irv already admitted they lost. How Eminem going to also?

Ja Rule won the battle but lost the war.

You can't post an Eminem line that hit harder than "Your mother's a crackhead and Kim is a known ? / So what's Hailie gonna be when she grows up"

Didnt em daughter graduate valedictorian of her class..
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    I'm in my 40s and I still dress Hip Hop

hsvf1afwel8k.jpg

You lool like a Al Qaeda Crip from Philadelphia fam

Yooo!! ROFL
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the source better than em an..i move on why argue if we dont see things the same way
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Because XXL who was a Interscope/Aftermath/Shady/G Unit propaganda machine at the time weren't awarding mediocre albums good ratings? but but but they gave the Hangmen 3, 4 mics.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Because XXL who was a Interscope/Aftermath/Shady/G Unit propaganda machine at the time weren't awarding mediocre albums good ratings? but but but they gave the Hangmen 3, 4 mics.

"And then to top it off I walked to the news stand
    To buy this cheap-ass little magazine with a food stamp
    Skipped to the last page, flipped right fast
    And what do I see? A picture of my big white ass
    Okay, let me give you ? some help
    Um, here, "XXL! XXL!"
    Now your magazine shouldn't have so much trouble to sell
    Ahh, ? it, I'll even buy a couple myself"

Yea they were BIG fans :joy:
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Um, here, "XXL! XXL!"

This proves that XXL was not an Interscope propaganda machine?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    Options

Um, here, "XXL! XXL!"

It proves that Em didn't need a machine to prove he can rap better than most. He went after the "Machine" you claim :joy:
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    99% of Eminem fanbase didn't even care about the racist ? .

In all that what Benzino really did was ruin the integrity of The Source which was a beacon of hip-hop news and opinions. The Source was powerful at the time then Benzino used it to further his own beef and and career and its never been the same since. He has irreparably damaged The Source's legacy.

I say this as a dude who has stacks of XXL and Source mags. I loved copping them but over time the back and forth ruined them both.

? BENZINO, then, now and forever. He ruined hip-hop journalism.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Um, here, "XXL! XXL!"

It proves that Em didn't need a machine to prove he can rap better than most. He went after the "Machine" you claim :joy:

Google "50Cent XXL cover". Em might not have been on the cover much, but his employee was. 50 has had hella XXL covers. 50 was Em & Dre attack dog. And Em did eventually dropped his issue with XXL. He shouted them out on "The Sauce". He said something like "I got XXL number anyway". Interscope had XXL on lock which eventually led to the decline of XXL. Moreso than the internet. Elliot Wilson would get so moist in his editors comment section about 50. It was sickening.

But as far as rapping, Em was nice during that era. But as most say, 80% of his music has aged horribly.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yadda yadda yadda Em murked him on wax. Game overrrr. Everything else is irrelevant, besides The Source was widely known to be biased from the jump.

...so I guess those "? " drops didn't bother you huh? ? ? /clown. Aren't you a half breed, btw?
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Busta Carmichael check this thread out man lol
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hsvf1afwel8k.jpg

Brooooooo did u learn nothing from the falls of Backnwhite
    Towers
    Sj2
    An the others....

Hate it had to be u b
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

hsvf1afwel8k.jpg

Brooooooo did u learn nothing from the falls of Backnwhite
    Towers
    Sj2
    An the others....

Hate it had to be u b

Lets see a picture of you
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Um, here, "XXL! XXL!"

Google "50Cent XXL cover". Em might not have been on the cover much, but his employee was. 50 has had hella XXL covers. 50 was Em & Dre attack dog. And Em did eventually dropped his issue with XXL. He shouted them out on "The Sauce". He said something like "I got XXL number anyway". Interscope had XXL on lock which eventually led to the decline of XXL. Moreso than the internet. Elliot Wilson would get so moist in his editors comment section about 50. It was sickening.

But as far as rapping, Em was nice during that era. But as most say, 80% of his music has aged horribly.

Absolutely. XXL was ruined by this whole ? too.
    The Source being obviously biased led to XXL taking sides. Interscope was using XXL to counter The Source and in the end XXL and The Source were damaged by it.

They were both inflating reviews, using their reviews to take shots at artists it was ridiculous.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? Zino Bonds.

Half-? used the Source to set up like he was a Boston Kingpin. Fake-ass Whitey Ford. Average rapper, borderline trash group that kept getting promo, no matter how irrelevant to the game they were.

The Source ? a lot of up and coming artists out of mics in reviews, which at the time really helped make or break careers. One of which was Little Brother. The Minstrel Show got 4 mics, and it came out later that was intentionally lowered from 4.5 because they were too underground or some ? . Yet, Kim's "Naked Truth" got 5 mics when it was a straight 3.5-4 album, tops.

The Source was corrupt as ? , and Benzino was at the head of it, just to promote his ? group and anyone else on The Payola. They did tons of damage to hip-hop that was never brought to the light. I LOL'd when Em and Interscope decimated that dude.

People only mention him at all cause he got the dirt out on Shady, which was worth some points, but not enough to balance out all his previous fuckery.

? Rock the Party.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was a wack rapper but he did bring up some good points about Eminem though.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was a wack rapper but he did bring up some good points about Eminem though.

Cosign

Everything he said about Eminem was gospel.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You forgot he traded source covers for collabs with certain groups or artists
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both source and xxl were ? up but only the sources matter? Naw end racist rants were worse than anything source did ...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    @Busta Carmichael check this thread out man lol

lmfao

he done ? up now