The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Brons series proves why they needed KD

How you gonna say a man putting up 35 8 5 on 55/45/90 don't deserve a ring?

He went point for point with LeBron in a close out game

NBA has always had super teams, the construction of them just change over time

There were up 3-1 without him last year. If bogut didn't get hurt the would have won.

I Just don't get the narrative that GSW needed KD to be the Cavs when they beat them before.

With kyrie and live hurt u willfully omitted that

Why would I need to say that..

Man, y'all ? are more mad than I am.. I'm a thunder fan and y'all in here ? like gsw wasn't going to win this year barring injuries.

What did y'all really expect to happen smh
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Brons series proves why they needed KD

How you gonna say a man putting up 35 8 5 on 55/45/90 don't deserve a ring?

He went point for point with LeBron in a close out game

NBA has always had super teams, the construction of them just change over time

There were up 3-1 without him last year. If bogut didn't get hurt the would have won.

I Just don't get the narrative that GSW needed KD to be the Cavs when they beat them before.

With kyrie and live hurt u willfully omitted that

Why would I need to say that..

Man, y'all ? are more mad than I am.. I'm a thunder fan and y'all in here ? like gsw wasn't going to win this year barring injuries.

What did y'all really expect to happen smh

I honestly think some of them thought KD was gonna ? up and the Cavs would not let Curry go off and Lebron and Kyrie would get the job done.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    while i understand wanting a ring...i do
    but what happened to being the best because YOU beat the best.

like someone else said.....? called from the parking lot after they loss.
    curry telling ? ....i'll give you the ball.

where is the competitive spirit?

this ? went to the only real threat to another ? title run.

i get the whole teams arent loyal ? ...
    but

i dont know.

honestly.....he gonna regret this ? in the long run....

this will forever come up in interviews in the future.

say what you want......but the ? will wear on anyone.

again...congratz

but (i feel) he damn near sold his soul for this ring.

KD did just beat the best

That man ain't going to regret ? !!

If KD wins another ring or 2 and leads the warriors just like he did for this one ain't nobody gonna bring that ? up at all. There will be another hot take to talk about.

People will always find a reason to talk down on a ? accomplishments.

I didn't like Bron going to miami with Wade and Bosh. I didn't like KD going to the warriors.

But I can't hate on either of them accomplishing their goals.

If a teams management ain't getting the job done and/or you not meshing well with the other best player on your team then WTF is the purpose of staying on said team?

tenor.gif

but the ? used the cheatcode.

there was a time where a man would be able to be the best but not have a chip.

he injected himself to the least amount of work possible team.

he stole the ring bruh.....

im not dissing the PGCounty area but that ? did a flash mob and overwhelmed the store security to steal the ring. he aint walk on some boss ? . them ? bumsrushed the door.

can you really respect that?

Did you watch the finals?

If so ain't no way you can say that man stole that ring. He LED that team to the ring. Durant EARNED that ring.

So did Lebron steal his rings in Miami?

Yes I 100% respect the championship the warriors just won.

Sports is about getting the most amount of talent possible to better your chances to win a championship. It just so happens that KD made a move that all GM's dream about. People do the same ? at the local gym. They try to pick the best 5 players they can get cause if you lose at a crowded gym you might not get another run.

I don't like what KD did either. I understand him leaving OKC but I would've like to see him try his hand with a team completely built around him. But the more I look at his situation the more I understand the move as well.

No matter what players on the level of KD and Lebron says the GM runs the team. So they can tell the GM and coach the exact player(s) they want but that don't mean the GM is going to get that exact player or a similar one.

So I can't blame KD for being the GM of his own career and putting himself in a situation with a group of players that plays a style of ball that he excels at.

he took over a team that had other players that was good enough to have to cover....he took advantage of that.

thats what he should do....
    but his ? is forever tainted.

yall saying dont matter how he got it...he got it.

ok.

dont get mad when yall kids get a trophy for just showing up an they aint even in the pool.

But if the warriors gm made a trade to get KD nobody would be saying any of this ? . They would be talking about how great the warriors gm is. Why is it such a difference between a players choice and the gm making a trade? The goal is still the get the most talented team possible to try and win a championship.

You can forever have the skewed view that KD ring is tainted but I ain't.

He came to a great team was automatically the best player and led a team that lost in the finals last year to a win this year is how he got it to me.

The bold is apples to oranges comparison. KD was the man on the warriors. KD led that team to this championship. If KD rode the bench your comparison would make sense but in this case that ? 100% wrong

Why are people trying to play the Durant move as something it isn't. Lmao. The guy had the right to go wherever he wanted to go because he was a free agent. I commend him on proving that all he really wants to do is win with the move he took but I, just like many other people also have the right to give opinions on what he did. It doesn't make my opinion or anybody else's opinion correct. It's just our thoughts and we are entitled to that

Now with that being said If the GM traded for Durant the Warriors wouldn't be the same team they are. They would've had to give up talent to get him which means that the team wouldn't have been damn near the same team that set a regular season record for wins and just came off of back to back finals appreances. I personally have no problem with a player wanting to win or get their money but I feel that it is sad what Durant did because instead of having the mindset that he could beat the team who he had on the ropes the year before...... he joined them. What he did was similar to what Lebron did but 10 times worse and not even close to what any of the greats before him did in their prime.

It's like Jordan leaving the Bulls to join the Pistons or Duncan joining the Lakers in their prime. The huge difference between what Durant did (in my mind) and Lebron was at least Lebron had a legit argument that the Cavs front office sucked at finding talent his 1st go round. OKC had a wealth of talent the whole time Durant was there besides his 1st or 2nd season. Durant had all star and championship teammates playing with him. Now I will admit Scott Brooks sucked and their owners pockets weren't as deep as the Warriors but his situation was a bit different than LeBron's and his move was damn near unprecedented.

I will say that Durant balled out all season and during the playoffs and I look forward to next season to see if his move will make other owners, players and GM's prove how much they want to win.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

but

i dont know.

again...congratz

If KD wins another ring or 2 and leads the warriors just like he did for this one ain't nobody gonna bring that ? up at all. There will be another hot take to talk about.

I didn't like Bron going to miami with Wade and Bosh. I didn't like KD going to the warriors.

If a teams management ain't getting the job done and/or you not meshing well with the other best player on your team then WTF is the purpose of staying on said team?

tenor.gif

im not dissing the PGCounty area but that ? did a flash mob and overwhelmed the store security to steal the ring. he aint walk on some boss ? . them ? bumsrushed the door.

If so ain't no way you can say that man stole that ring. He LED that team to the ring. Durant EARNED that ring.

Sports is about getting the most amount of talent possible to better your chances to win a championship. It just so happens that KD made a move that all GM's dream about. People do the same ? at the local gym. They try to pick the best 5 players they can get cause if you lose at a crowded gym you might not get another run.

I don't like what KD did either. I understand him leaving OKC but I would've like to see him try his hand with a team completely built around him. But the more I look at his situation the more I understand the move as well.

No matter what players on the level of KD and Lebron says the GM runs the team. So they can tell the GM and coach the exact player(s) they want but that don't mean the GM is going to get that exact player or a similar one.

So I can't blame KD for being the GM of his own career and putting himself in a situation with a group of players that plays a style of ball that he excels at.

he took over a team that had other players that was good enough to have to cover....he took advantage of that.

ok.

dont get mad when yall kids get a trophy for just showing up an they aint even in the pool.

But if the warriors gm made a trade to get KD nobody would be saying any of this ? . They would be talking about how great the warriors gm is. Why is it such a difference between a players choice and the gm making a trade? The goal is still the get the most talented team possible to try and win a championship.

He came to a great team was automatically the best player and led a team that lost in the finals last year to a win this year is how he got it to me.

The bold is apples to oranges comparison. KD was the man on the warriors. KD led that team to this championship. If KD rode the bench your comparison would make sense but in this case that ? 100% wrong

Why are people trying to play the Durant move as something it isn't. Lmao. The guy had the right to go wherever he wanted to go because he was a free agent. I commend him on proving that all he really wants to do is win with the move he took but I, just like many other people also have the right to give opinions on what he did. It doesn't make my opinion or anybody else's opinion correct. It's just our thoughts and we are entitled to that

Now with that being said If the GM traded for Durant the Warriors wouldn't be the same team they are. They would've had to give up talent to get him which means that the team wouldn't have been damn near the same team that set a regular season record for wins and just came off of back to back finals appreances. I personally have no problem with a player wanting to win or get their money but I feel that it is sad what Durant did because instead of having the mindset that he could beat the team who he had on the ropes the year before...... he joined them. What he did was similar to what Lebron did but 10 times worse and not even close to what any of the greats before him did in their prime.

It's like Jordan leaving the Bulls to join the Pistons or Duncan joining the Lakers in their prime. The huge difference between what Durant did (in my mind) and Lebron was at least Lebron had a legit argument that the Cavs front office sucked at finding talent his 1st go round. OKC had a wealth of talent the whole time Durant was there besides his 1st or 2nd season. Durant had all star and championship teammates playing with him. Now I will admit Scott Brooks sucked and their owners pockets weren't as deep as the Warriors but his situation was a bit different than LeBron's and his move was damn near unprecedented.

I will say that Durant balled out all season and during the playoffs and I look forward to next season to see if his move will make other owners, players and GM's prove how much they want to win.

No need to address ? that was never alluded to.

We speaking hypothetically so we don't know what would've been the trade. I said with the obvious intention of the trade keeping the warriors the same as the team that just won.

That man played with OKC none of us did so if in his mind he knew they couldn't beat the warriors ? what we all THINK we know about OKC beating the warriors.

Folks can playing that semantics ? with what KD and Lebron did. Only difference is Lebron didn't go to Boston. Outside of that its the same thing IMO

OKC front office made ? moves and took the talent of Durant and Westbrook for granted. Those ? moves started with the decision of paying Ibaka over Harden.

The end result is what they got KD gone with nothing in return and Westbrook playing with the new age version of A.I. 76ers.

KD also may have felt that Billy Donovan wasn't an upgrade over Scott Brooks.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but

i dont know.

again...congratz

tenor.gif

ok.

? ? ! If you absorb small businesses into your company, does your portfolio look bad?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really didn't understand the billy Donovan hiring. Why get a college coach for Durant and Westbrook who are both in the prime of their careers?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I really didn't understand the billy Donovan hiring. Why get a college coach for Durant and Westbrook who are both in the prime of their careers?

Brad Stevens
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Lebron needs to get a post game. Jordan kobe had that. He doesn't go there enough and its a shame when u factor in his passing skills

He already has a good jump hook and a turn around jump shot (close range), which he can still improve upon. The main thing tho is he has to WANT to do it more. He's so used to spacing the floor and being a top of the key dribble-drive guy. He has to pick and choose his spots, but I do agree and have been saying he needs to get on/to the block the older he gets. He'll be able to conserve a lot of energy that way.

Wasnt that something he did more during thode Heat back to back title runs when he shot damn near 60% from the field? Seem like he got away from it when he went back to Cleveland
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    MallyG wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Lebron needs to get a post game. Jordan kobe had that. He doesn't go there enough and its a shame when u factor in his passing skills

He already has a good jump hook and a turn around jump shot (close range), which he can still improve upon. The main thing tho is he has to WANT to do it more. He's so used to spacing the floor and being a top of the key dribble-drive guy. He has to pick and choose his spots, but I do agree and have been saying he needs to get on/to the block the older he gets. He'll be able to conserve a lot of energy that way.

Wasnt that something he did more during thode Heat back to back title runs when he shot damn near 60% from the field? Seem like he got away from it when he went back to Cleveland

Spoelstra and Riley influence put him down there. He's back to running everything in Cleveland
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

but

i dont know.

again...congratz

tenor.gif

ok.

In an SI interview before the season started KD said he lost faith in the front office ability to build around him and Russ because instead of going after young pathetic athletic players they kept bringing in older vets like Kendrick Perkins thinking that would be the key and that's what led to him leaving more than anything
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pretty sure he said the exact opposite cause they kept bringing in projects but I digress

We still celebrating
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19625464/golden-state-warriors-say-no-decision-made-white-house-visit
    Warriors say no decision on White House visit

The reigning champion Golden State Warriors addressed speculation about whether they will make the traditional visit to the White House, saying they "will make those decisions when and if necessary."

"Today is all about celebrating our championship," the team said in a statement Tuesday. "We have not received an invitation to the White House, but will make those decisions when and if necessary."

Shortly before the team issued its statement, Warriors owner Joe Lacob was asked about a potential White House visit during an interview with ESPN's First Take.

"I can't believe we're getting this question already," Lacob said. "But honestly, that's something we'll worry about at the time. That's a long time from now."

Questions about the Warriors' plans for a trip to Washington, D.C., arose just hours after they won their second NBA title in the last three years, when a CNBC analyst tweeted that the team unanimously decided to skip the White House visit.

Most of the Warriors, in the immediate aftermath of their Game 5 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers, have not publicly commented on whether they will make the trip.

Veteran forward David West, who has been outspoken in his disapproval of President Donald Trump, told The Undefeated's Marc Spears on Monday night that he "probably" will decline the opportunity.

"I don't know. I probably won't," West said. "But I'm going to enjoy this. They're going to have to get me down from this cloud. I can't describe it."

Warriors coach Steve Kerr expressed his disappointment with the election results last November, saying after the election that Trump regularly used "racist, misogynist, insulting words" during his campaign.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Kevin love disappears at times but it's not like he wasn't a key factor in game 7 defensively last year. He was uneven at times but he had 3 double digit rebound games and 3 double digit scoring games

Y'all letting last night's performance sour y'all too much

Tristan was good in only two games and yesterday he played outside himself against GS

He was garbage offensively in Game 3 and barely a factor last night, but did his job for most of the series. He stepped it up from last year. That Golden State frontline was all over him every time he touched the ball. His gimmie buckets were few and far in between.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @CJ
    @AcresShakers

How yall feel about this quote, thats a bit of a bold statement lol

"They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster... We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve."
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron gonna turn into the jerry west of this generation with a few more finals losses
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea that KD stealing the ring ? needa quit. They won fair and square under the rules. A win is a win is a championship.

If these other organizations dont like it, do something about it to make yourself compete. This the new nba now. U dont just sit out and wait until the dynasty comes n goes someone is gonna have to go out there and take em out like every other dynasty.

As fans ? ....what were the Finals ratings again??

Nba isnt going back to the slow, old school game ever again so might as well get with it or just be mad n talk about the past.

Gsw the new champions n look like they will hold it down for a minute lets see what next great team comes together to stop them.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Now that the finals are over I really don't care about this ? awards show and who the regular season MVP was. NBA really dropped the ball on this

It'll go in the garbage along with horse at the all star game, the fashion show, and the Chris Paul trade

I knew the ASW hit the ultimate low when this ? happened lol smh
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @CJ
    @AcresShakers

How yall feel about this quote, thats a bit of a bold statement lol

"They are not unbeatable. There have been bigger upsets in sports history. We are going to keep improving our roster... We are used to long odds. If Golden State makes the odds longer, we might up our risk profile and get even more aggressive. We have something up our sleeve."

We ain't beating them ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Southern Cal women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Northern Cal women
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Southern Cal women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Northern Cal women

That is unfair. Southern Cali has some of the baddest women in the world trying to be famous.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Yea that KD stealing the ring ? needa quit. They won fair and square under the rules. A win is a win is a championship.

If these other organizations dont like it, do something about it to make yourself compete. This the new nba now. U dont just sit out and wait until the dynasty comes n goes someone is gonna have to go out there and take em out like every other dynasty.

As fans ? ....what were the Finals ratings again??

Nba isnt going back to the slow, old school game ever again so might as well get with it or just be mad n talk about the past.

Gsw the new champions n look like they will hold it down for a minute lets see what next great team comes together to stop them.

If KD did nothing wrong, then there is zero criticism to give Lebron for going to Miami. And Conversely.

I'm not going at you specifically, but ? to be consistent in these bball discussions.