Jay Z becomes first rapper inducted into the Song Writing Hall Of Fame

Options
123457»

Comments

• GwallaGangWest
    GwallaGangWest Members Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm gonna get banned but I feel it's only right to post this. It's a well known fact i'm not a fan of Jay Z's music or his style

But I wanna congratulate Hov for this and give him props for this. Even though i'm not a fan of his music or that particular style of rap. I have always admitted technically Jay Z is the best MC of all time and technically is the most sound lyricist of all time. His very exceptional skills as an MC can not be denied even if u are not a fan of his music

Even outside music just his work rate is to be praised too we talking about a guy who has released over 15 albums while he has been a multi millionaire he can do anything he wants he lives the American dream but he continues to push the craft of MC-ing he has never retired even after being so wealthy. So he clearly has so much passion for his craft. He's an MC's type MC

I was listening to American Gangster on youtube via head phones yesterday the entire album on the train. 1 of his best albums and this is an album that has sold 2 million. To have such a lyrical and dark album with the content it has sell that much u gotta give due credit to the man. I had to keep re winding his verses to understand what he is saying and digest his bars so props to him for achieving what he has making music authentic rap heads love

I just wanted to say this. I'm a good person even though most the I.C hate me. And it would be wrong to not salute Hov for being the best MC and all the grind he has done to push rap music

• ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    ILLBOT detected banned alias
    Reason: 3Hunna, ChiefSosa, GloGang, money over fame

Control is as much an effect as a cause. The idea that control is something you exert is a handicap to progress.
    GwallaGangWest
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Perhaps her realist non trolling post ever
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    But I thought we didn't care about their awards?

Let me shut up 'fore I get accused of hatin'.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The stannery in this thread is of the charts!!! Wow...

Got flagged for sayin that someone like Nas and Pac are more deserving and that they would rather give this to someone who made his career out of glorifying drug dealing and very limited in subject matter, I see where they goin with this tho, just like how they gave Denzel his first and only oscar when he played the crooked cop, yet had so many other outstanding and more positive roles...*sighs

SMH

Actually Denzel won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 1990 for his role in Glory