I like you owe me it's oochie wally that's hot garbage

Oochie Wally banged in high school lol
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Hardest Nas club record that never got any burn

https://youtu.be/f2K5rNGO0h8

My ? Imma go with "Made u looK" original and remix. Thats the hardest Nas club record imo.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    jim1000 wrote: »

My ? Imma go with "Made u looK" original and remix. Thats the hardest Nas club record imo.

I wouldn't necessarily call that a "club" record, maybe the remix.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hell naw ? was mad wack
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't necessarily call that a "club" record, maybe the remix.

That ? was a club banger, and yes especially the remix.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    This ? makes You Owe Me seem like One Mic.

I dont understand the hate that "u owe me" gets. That ? was fire.

"I put the shackles on ya feet"

"Owe me back like you owe your tax"

Lmfao hot garbage.

Then he has the nerve to get at Joe Camel for making successful party anthems. At least he knew how to consistently make them unlike Nas.

Yeah but leave it to Nas to compare his own misogyny to American slavery on a pop song featuring Genuwine. The lyrics give a pretty dark portrait of how a rags-to-riches black man with a slavery mentality develops an overcompensating sense of entitlement and objectification of women. It's essentially Nas' musical version of blaxploitation ("Mack like Goldie, it's the same story"). Nas honestly can't help but be deep, even if it's by accident.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

Lmfao hot garbage.

Then he has the nerve to get at Joe Camel for making successful party anthems. At least he knew how to consistently make them unlike Nas.

Yeah but leave it to Nas to compare his own misogyny to American slavery on a pop song featuring Genuwine. The lyrics give a pretty dark portrait of how a rags-to-riches black man with a slavery mentality develops an overcompensating sense of entitlement and objectification of women. It's essentially Nas' musical version of blaxploitation ("Mack like Goldie, it's the same story"). Nas honestly can't help but be deep, even if it's by accident.

That's a dope interpretation but I'm sure you gave more purpose and meaning to the song than Nas ever intended. Like you said lucky accident.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was skeptical of nas remix to march madness n nas made me a believer.... still not enough for me to listen to this
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat sounds like All I Do is Win
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

so Nas hasn't been writing to all the "wack" aka bland beats on his albums this whole time? what's the point of having bland beats then?
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

Lmfao hot garbage.

That's a dope interpretation but I'm sure you gave more purpose and meaning to the song than Nas ever intended. Like you said lucky accident.

It's an accident in that I don't think he's trying to be too heavy, but this is still Nas' idea of a pop song. It's like blaxploitation, a lot of comic exaggeration and dark irony, perpetrating stereotypes in a self-aware way. And Nas is so transparent and descriptive in his lyrics that he ends up saying something more meaningful than just about any other rapper making the same kind of song would.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I've seen You Owe Me light up a dance floor

I'm also sure no DJ has played in in a club since 2000. Timeless it definitely was not.

They still play it on the radio in Atlanta
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    off kilter hook, but Nas was spittin

so, hopefully a Nas album this year?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Nas and Travis are both way better than this. Nas has had a couple shaky verses over the past couple years where it seems like he's trying to do too much. But then he also still has a lot of heat. Usually his collabs with Khaled are pretty good ie: Victory, Hip Hop with Face, Nas Album Done.. This the worst one since his song on Khaled's debut album.

Nas wasn't on Khaled's debut. The song you're talking about I think is "I'm On" off We Global
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    They still play U Owe Me all the time in the clubs. At least in the north east they do. That's a timeless club record

I am in NYC b. Uptown at that. Inwood where it's party central. Never heard that played when they play throwbacks out here. Other Nas tracks yeah. Haven't heard that ? played at clubs since the early 00s tbh.

Oh you in New York. Well down in Philly I go out maybe 3 or 4 times a month to all different types of spots and I hear the record often.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS needs guidance
    Rather it be a strong executive producer for his albums or a management

Either or ....dude is TOO deep in the game to be making weak each lame ? pop commerical ? like this

You the vet....when you on a track new ? should be conforming to you...not the other way around
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nas needs to leave all these new and new-ish producers the ? alone. Outside of the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, none of them has anything that can match his flow and delivery on a track, cause his lyrics are still top-notch.

Primo, No ID, 9th, Ye, Just Blaze, even Salaah fit his style much better.

Oh yeah: This ? is one of Nas's best party bangers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3wIJ774gJs
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y’all don’t understand. A bad feature from Nas that makes his fans nervous only means a classic album is about to drop soon!
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    ? said nas need guidance haha.

Brah Nas is getting paid of his features.

He droppin it on acapella and sendin that ? whats the problem?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still with nas sending the acapella all the beats they could've stuck this joint on they choose this one and it's off beat smh
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    ? said nas need guidance haha.

Brah Nas is getting paid of his features.

He droppin it on acapella and sendin that ? whats the problem?

@dogowner14 do they bump You Owe Me in the swedish clubs tho?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why doesn't nas just write to the beat? He sounds off on Rick Ross last album too.
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    Why doesn't nas just write to the beat? He sounds off on Rick Ross last album too.

Its not NAs job lol. He sends it acapaella and gets paid lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Nas ain't off beat he's just ahead of his time using the Silkk The Shockers flow.

Lol