4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to need Kendrick Lamar to be on a remix to "The Story Of O.J." It's so necessary wouldn't you agree?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4/5 for me. Easily the best joint he's done since AG

Even ma'ma Carter had some hot bars.

GREAT, AN OPINION I CAN TRUST...

I'LL GIVE THIS A LISTEN TONIGHT...
    I HAVE SPRINT, SO I'LL BE ALRIGHT :+1:
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i only listened once.....

not giving my review til after the weekend.

all i can say is that the album sounds like how the original Black Album was supposed to be; no singles, no features, no videos...just raps.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this album is Jay doing his best version of Kobe and dropping the mic after Mamba out and legacy is the last I hear of Jay on the mic I'd be completely satisfied with this being what he retires off of
  • black caesar
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

all i can say is that the album sounds like how the original Black Album was supposed to be; no singles, no features, no videos...just raps.

It's a good album.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

U mean no rap feature
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ID has really never disappointed since 92....that's crazy! Hell of a run of excellence
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk how to download ? to the iPhone, links just end up leading me to pop ups and clicking 'download' does nothing
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    idk how to download ? to the iPhone, links just end up leading me to pop ups and clicking 'download' does nothing
    Get the downloader app for iPhone
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    I see Tidal got military and student discount but does it have same extensive catalog as Google and Apple?

Cuz i mean switchin streamin services is almost as inconvenient AF. Gotta redo playlists, libraries, radios, it's just not worth it especially if the interface isn't really anything innovative.... i think ? need more than a couple of exclusive albums to make the jump.

I can get pretty much whatever I want on Tidal. Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye, and Jay-Z are exclusive to Tidal, and those are big artists. The music quality is also higher quality. And it's blacked owned. I'd rather give my money to hip-hop than Apple. Jay's using that argument now, but he should've been using it a long time ago, since that's why a lot of ? signed up early on.

Apple music sounds like ? . If I wasn't on Tidal, I'd be on Spotify, which has good HQ stream. Making new playlists and libraries isn't very hard.

Apple music is ? bruh.. U ain't missing anything

Apple music is the best streaming format if you use i-tunes/have an iphone. I understand cats who own Android devices not wanting apple music. But Between apple music/itunes/my i phone i can easily have access to my music library, podcats, and my apple music streaming access seamlessly. Not to mention they have access to ? like ovo radio and more artists that have weekly radio content/playlists than tidal does. And if i want to purchase any album outside of 4:44 in a digital copy i can with apple music via the i tunes store.

I have all iTunes capabilities (library, store, etc) on my iPhone. I just have my Tidal app instead of Apple Music, which has slightly better exclusives (Jay, Ye, B, RiRi, etc) and way better sound quality (Apple still doesn't stream beyond 256Kbps). Apple has better radio with OVO though, admittedly. And I suppose it's nice to have all your music library and streaming music in one spot, but I don't see the point in having downloaded music library anymore anyways, since I stream everything now. I also prefer Tidal's look and interface.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    If this album is Jay doing his best version of Kobe and dropping the mic after Mamba out and legacy is the last I hear of Jay on the mic I'd be completely satisfied with this being what he retires off of

Terrible analogy. Kobe's final few seasons were pretty much him taking a ? load of money instead of taking slightly less to have one fast with cap space to sign contenders. He also wasn't ? until the final 3 quarters of the last game vs the Utah Jazz.

This jay album is more like Tim Duncan's final season as he drops gems to Kawhi on how to lead this team after he leaves and pointing out what is wrong with the current trends of NBA players.
  • black caesar
    Options

I understand the message but... Little to excessive with the drawing

That was the point of the video. It was to show the racism that were in cartoon by Warner Bros, and Disney.
  • za'kiss
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Why the ? you need sprint to listen to this? ? is ridiculous b. I'm out here surfing the web looking for a ? link. Man ? tidal. I still wanna finish listening to this album.

Can't you sign up for a free trial? I still don't get why ? ain't on Tidal.

You need sprint as your phone provider to listen. ? tidal

I just read about this. That's whack. Only Tidal subscribers before June 26 can stream without Sprint. I'm listening to it right now without having to put in any Sprint information because I've been a subscriber (since day 1 basically).

This is bad business move by Jay-Z. I'm disappointed. Anyone who signs up for Tidal should be able to play this album, which would maximize subscriber interest, with ALSO the option of someone having Sprint. smh..

Still, Tidal is dope and y'all ? need to have been on here in the first place. But this is still a weak move by Jay.

I don't do streaming and don't understand a music business model that literally forces people to pirate your ? if they want a copy they can listen to without an internet connection
    How are you forced into piracy? Jay will almost certainly put out a physical release of this album, especially with vinyl sales soaring like they are. B did the same. He's just rewarding people who are willing to put up the guap for his streaming service. Think of it just like customers who benefit from pre-ordered album purchases. If you're too cheap, broke, or stubborn to get Tidal, wait a week or so and you can go buy some dinosaur technology at Best Buy.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    9dleqokoozds.jpg

Extorting black people don't work either

I'm more focused on black restaurants, lawyers, accountants, carpenters, moving company, dry cleaners
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • za'kiss
    Options
    And by the way, you can play this album in offline mode. You don't need the internet to listen to streaming music.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but do yall bank black doe?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    9dleqokoozds.jpg

? outta here CThaGod. Tidal could easily sell the album on tidal for anyone to purchase for $15 (go ahead and mark it up i would still pay 15). Or they could sell it on Jays website.

Jay only allowing tidal streaming of his album is like your black barber refusing cash and only letting you use apple pay as the only way to compensate him.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And by the way, you can play this album in offline mode. You don't need the internet to listen to streaming music.
    Word

I offline everything and play it there