2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol at replace Ainge stop bruh

Marc Gasol isn't walking through that door.

This cult of personality ? around Ainge is disgusting. He isn't untouchable.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

Explain in detail how Ainge is ? up...
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

what a terrible way to run your organization

woj said a big factor in indiana trading PG to okc was not wanting to see him in the east

even said indiana could have had gary harris and protected 1st in a 3 way trade with denver and cleveland

if your train of thought is to take an awful deal to keep your star out of your conference then you dont need to be in charge

PG is a 1 year rental player with a known desire to go west as a fa

pacer organization wont be good anytime soon

every time i feel garpax are the worst another GM outdoes them with an awful move

Yeah, as a gm you can't make moves based on that, terrible decision.

Crazy how things work. If that gm was smart he would of taken that trade at the deadline and the pacers would of had the the #1 pick and drafted fultz, no trading back...
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait how you agree to a contract then get mad at the terms after the fact?

I think its because it was originally a 4 year deal
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    In its clear indy didnt want to trade w Ainge....im not sayin Ainge shouldnt catch any flack..but if he smart..he is not dead in the water like some of these franchises are now

Yeah which speaks to a need to replace Ainge.

Other GMs are not ? with Ainge and that's a problem.

Stop..replace ainge for what?? If other GMs aint ? w Ainge its cause he out smarted the nets GM

that aint Ainge's fault....

He still got lotto picks..how can u be mad at that..

What u want to be the knicks right now?? Or cleveland who is letting lebron control everything...

I would love to be Cleveland.

Are you crazy?

Sac or LA picks might be valuable, but the East is trash now, so that Brooklyn pic isn't a given. Ainge's draft history is terrible. He ? about high character guys, then covets Berry Brozier. Somehow, people keep buying the spin?

He was gifted Garnett by a friend and fleeced an incompetent Brooklyn GM for assets that are steadily losing value. League sources have been quoted as saying they have a different asking price for the Celtics because we have so many assets. But, this ? miser/Mormon Ainge keeps trading for assets. You never have to hold him accountable if he just continues that cycle.

If Tatum doesn't end up being a star and Fultz ? out then what?

We just gonna' rely on the potential that those picks might be good?

I was all in for a rebuild, but an NBA Championship is rare and you need to strike while the iron is hot. That's what GS did and that's what Cleveland did.

But, maybe Denver will trade us Mason Plumlee for a 1st in 2022 to sure up our rebounding?

U want to be cleveland w lebron walking soon. And Kyrie leaving when bron leaves....only having one ring..cuz they aint beating GS next season

bruh..calm down. U acting like a emotional fan right now....
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    London perrantes
    Jamel artis
    Norvel pelle
    Zak Irvin
    Derrick Willis

Anybody know anything about these guys?

London playin right now @Beta
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

what a terrible way to run your organization

woj said a big factor in indiana trading PG to okc was not wanting to see him in the east

even said indiana could have had gary harris and protected 1st in a 3 way trade with denver and cleveland

if your train of thought is to take an awful deal to keep your star out of your conference then you dont need to be in charge

PG is a 1 year rental player with a known desire to go west as a fa

pacer organization wont be good anytime soon

every time i feel garpax are the worst another GM outdoes them with an awful move

Yeah, as a gm you can't make moves based on that, terrible decision.

Crazy how things work. If that gm was smart he would of taken that trade at the deadline and the pacers would of had the the #1 pick and drafted fultz, no trading back...

im pretty sure whats being left out in these reported 1st round picks are the protections that were placed on them

and thats if the brooklyn pick was even made available which i dont think it was

i think it was all those those other 1st round picks they were trying to trade several years back to move up to draft justice winslow
  • (Nope)
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm not running this ? down again. Read the thread and rate his draft picks over the past 10 years.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this cat decent he can rebound.Heard knicks serious about bringing rose back too
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Qi era on deck. @Beta look at the future hall of famer

That yao ming fanbase
  • Beta
    Options

this cat decent he can rebound.Heard knicks serious about bringing rose back too

I love Alan Williams but suns need to keep him and get rid of Chandler somehow
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm not running this ? down again. Read the thread and rate his draft picks over the past 10 years.

Again? When did you run anything down? And what does his draft picks 10 years ago (the year he turned the Celtics into a championship squad) have to do with this summer? Last I checked we started this rebuild after the 12-13 season and by 16-17 we are in the ecf so how in the ? is Ainge the problem?
  • ghost!
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Cousins,Pg and Jimmy were all traded in the last 4 months.No excuses for ainge not getting one of these players he has more assets than any gm in the league.

If they get hayward alone that's still not enough to beat the cavs they needed 2 pieces.And the real reason hayward is the c's priority cuz he's white and can be sold to the racist fan base in boston he is not a better overall player than jimmy or pg.

Or w 3 potiential lotto picks coming up. You say f it..let the west beat each other up for a few seasons then you take over for the future..

You have no idea what the nets will do in fa they may put together a team that can get the 8 seed

Greak Freak 22 years old.Sixers have a young trio who are all better than any young player on the c's taking over the future isn't guaranteed.

1. I did say "potential"

2. And since we are talking hypothetical the greek freak may not turn into anything and the nets may not do enough n the Cs could draft youngins that turn out better than what the sixers have...

The Greek Freak is already a top ten NBA player? What are you talking about?

Celtics front office continues to not do ? .

Bruh..i know i havent watch the nba as much..but i know this ? aint true....stop it.

Name ten players in the league that are better than Giannis now and have his upside?

How you gonna' argue player value when admitting to not watching the NBA?

Ok let me say this clear cause apparently its over ? head.

Im not arguing his value. Im saying for all he is now..he could also become tracy mcgrady, melo, d.howard..the point....he can also become a player that doesnt lead u to a championship..

Never said he wasnt better than anything the Cs have now...

And dont change the narrative. You said top 10 player now...i took that as including vets..not 10 top up n coming player....that makes a big difference and nothing i was arguing from the get go.

Further leading me to say..no need for Danny Ainge to start thinking all is lost cause he cant build a team to contend now.

When potentially you can also build one that contends in the future..

• ghost!
    Options

Again? When did you run anything down? And what does his draft picks 10 years ago (the year he turned the Celtics into a championship squad) have to do with this summer? Last I checked we started this rebuild after the 12-13 season and by 16-17 we are in the ecf so how in the ? is Ainge the problem?

Cosign.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea duke killed the bulls in both games I was like who da ? is this ? ?!?

He also was killing that game vs boston when ulis hit the game winning 3 and another game vs the warriors.Every time I watched the suns williams was dominating he a rebounding machine.
  • (Nope)
    Options
    That would be demoralizing if hayward chose the heat over boston if he leaves

Honestly, I wouldn't care at this point.

Ainge is never going to make a successful trade, so it's time to develop some "assets."
  • Beta
    Options

Yea duke killed the bulls in both games I was like who da ? is this ? ?!?

He also was killing that game vs boston when ulis hit the game winning 3 and another game vs the warriors.Every time I watched the suns williams was dominating he a rebounding machine.

Fantasy put me up on him

When Chandler mom died he was having near double doubles at half time lol

Off the bench
  • (Nope)
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Cousins,Pg and Jimmy were all traded in the last 4 months.No excuses for ainge not getting one of these players he has more assets than any gm in the league.

If they get hayward alone that's still not enough to beat the cavs they needed 2 pieces.And the real reason hayward is the c's priority cuz he's white and can be sold to the racist fan base in boston he is not a better overall player than jimmy or pg.

Or w 3 potiential lotto picks coming up. You say f it..let the west beat each other up for a few seasons then you take over for the future..

You have no idea what the nets will do in fa they may put together a team that can get the 8 seed

Greak Freak 22 years old.Sixers have a young trio who are all better than any young player on the c's taking over the future isn't guaranteed.

1. I did say "potential"

2. And since we are talking hypothetical the greek freak may not turn into anything and the nets may not do enough n the Cs could draft youngins that turn out better than what the sixers have...

The Greek Freak is already a top ten NBA player? What are you talking about?

Celtics front office continues to not do ? .

Bruh..i know i havent watch the nba as much..but i know this ? aint true....stop it.

Name ten players in the league that are better than Giannis now and have his upside?

How you gonna' argue player value when admitting to not watching the NBA?

Ok let me say this clear cause apparently its over ? head.

Im not arguing his value. Im saying for all he is now..he could also become tracy mcgrady, melo, d.howard..the point....he can also become a player that doesnt lead u to a championship..

Never said he wasnt better than anything the Cs have now...

And dont change the narrative. You said top 10 player now...i took that as including vets..not 10 top up n coming player....that makes a big difference and nothing i was arguing from the get go.

Further leading me to say..no need for Danny Ainge to start thinking all is lost cause he cant build a team to contend now.

When potentially you can also build one that contends in the future..

Nah, that's not what you said. In fact you doubled down
    and now you're backpeddling. You're projecting right now.

Greek Freak is a top ten player now!!!

Trying to play me out on some remedial-homer ? because I don't ? with a front office that keeps talking big ? they won't back up is silly.

Moreover, you said that you don't watch the NBA. So?