4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    That shot at lil Uzi vert was slick too.
    Zirconium wrote: »

I need a break down of all the subliminals.
    On Marcy Me

He says...
    "Hold an Uzi Vertical, let the thing smoke.
    Yall be flirting with death while im winkin thru a scope"

Idk if its a diss or not. I wouldnt know UziVert if he walked in my crib right now. Idk him & jays connection.

It's not a diss, just a bar. Now the shots he threw at Eric Benet was wack and unnecessary.

How you lose Halle tho
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    az98ujdvgevb.png

Dope No ID Rolling Stone interview about creating this album. I'm not gonna copy paste the whole thing but it's a must read if you're ? with this album heavy like I am
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/444-producer-no-id-talks-pushing-jay-z-creating-500-ideas-w490602

First off, props for this interview. Crazy dope! Secondly this:

This album is so sample-heavy at a time when so much of rap has moved away from that sound. Did you two speak on the album's sonic direction?

That was part of my 500-idea regimen. In the process, I realized that the business half of samples is a bad thing, but [samples are] an instrument. I began to play the samples like I would play an instrument. At some point I knew that was my strength. I had stepped away from my strength sometimes because the business makes you think you can't do it. I'm like, I can do it. And I can create new art. That allowed me to be myself and put my personality in the music.

Stating the obvious, but Jay-Z is at his absolute best when he spits over soul samples. He has killed those albums (BP1 and AG) and add 4:44 to that list now.
  • qawshun
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Vol. 1
    Reasonable Doubt
    The Black Album
    The Blueprint
    4:44

This is pretty much my list

Really? Vol. 1 is straight trash to me. I listened to that album and wondered how Hov even recovered from it. It's one of the most boring albums I've ever heard from a great rapper.

*insert wtf button here*

Likewise man. Hell, after I listened to Vol 1 that time, I even came on here and made that comment, and people came out and was like "Yeah, Jay did really hit his stride til Vol 3." They might not have felt quite as strongly about Vol 1, but it ain't like I'm the only that feels that was a weak album.

I'd say vol 2 jay was wilin. All verses were fire all tracks fire sold 5 mil
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another ? missing the point of the lyrics. This ? should focus on being a father to lil russel jr.

Ain't that rockos money tho

And ciaras with tjat good ol child support lol
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And also can't wait to hear the bonus 3 songs.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And also can't wait to hear the bonus 3 songs.

Idk how I feel about adding 3 songs I think it's perfect the way it is now adding more songs only adds to the chance of adding a dud.....but I do wanna hear the songs so it's a dilemma
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if Spiritual was made in this time period. ? fits the album.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay makes me laugh with the subliminal ? , too scared to actually just go at a rapper since Nas buried him with that ether but hey this is Jay so he is actually a genius for that.

Or, you could look at it as him using lyrical skill and wit and with hip hop battling is based on and making actual fans think and dissect lyrics like we been doing... I think Jay when he is on top form is full or wit... Its dope that you can listen to a song with a casual fan and be like 'ahhhhhhhh haha' and a casual fan that only really like or listens the commercial tracks with Beyonce or something be like 'what you ahhhhhh-ing about???'...

qawshun wrote: »
    After this album, it feels Jay has pretty much said and addressed everything... Like it was his last big hurrah and produced arguably a classic album... Do people think he can make another album up to par with this??? Or leave rap on a high and have this be his last album???

I feel like DMX has an album like this in him with the madness he has been through...

X don't have this at all imo, he can't even recreate his 1st lp

I know what your saying, but I think he can sort himself out he can really get some stories/demons off his chest onto wax...
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? ? will learn when they ain't hot no more a la Nelly, etc. Flashing that temporary money until they can't afford to pay the IRS they money. Lol

Nelly worth 60 million
  • usmarin3
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    ? ? will learn when they ain't hot no more a la Nelly, etc. Flashing that temporary money until they can't afford to pay the IRS they money. Lol

Nelly worth 60 million

Nelly owes the IRS over 2 mil
  • usmarin3
    Options

Nelly worth 60 million

Nelly owes the IRS over 2 mil

Then Nelly worth 58 million

If you have that much money on hand you should be able to pay 2 mil in taxes. You just don't magically forget to pay taxes especially when the IRS will put a lein on your ? .
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

On Marcy Me

He says...

Idk if its a diss or not. I wouldnt know UziVert if he walked in my crib right now. Idk him & jays connection.

It's not a diss, just a bar. Now the shots he threw at Eric Benet was wack and unnecessary.

How you lose Halle tho

Thought it was well known she's batshit crazy
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

On Marcy Me

He says...

How you lose Halle tho

Word to Wesley Snipes
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folks claiming anti semitism

How did they get that out of what was said?

How is is antisemitism when it's a positive stereotype. Ain't these Jews the owners of the record labels who push stereotypical images of blacks. The ? irony.

I don't think they know how much ? Jews actually own and how many powerful positions they are in.

Hollywood execs, Jews
    Famous actors , Jews
    Bankers, Jews
    Politicians, Jews
    Record label execs, Jews

They mad cuz a ? telling the truth? They DO own a lot of ? . They hate when the mirror is turned on them. I wish our biggest problem as black people was that we owned a bunch of ? . Must be nice

White Jews have figured out the secret of protecting their power, denying it exists.

You've heard of the usual story of John Doe in the hood who wins the lotto or something, everybody finds out what he has, and suddenly, he doesn't have it anymore because everybody came asking for ? or stealing ? from him? If only he had denied ever having money and created a narrative where anybody that said he had money was anti-John Doe... he'd keep his money without anyone trying to get a dime from him.

That's what the so called Jews have done. They don't care about the plight of other people and will stop at nothing to avoid comparison and keep their money and power. That's why native Americans won't ever come into true financial dominance despite mass genocide. That's why blacks in America won't either despite the trans Atlantic slave trade. Or Africa as a continent despite European colonialism... Because the moment you say "Why do the Jews get this but not us", they call you an anti-semite.
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nelly worth 60 million

That's a lot of money bro..
    If he has that he wouldn't be doing reality TV at this point in his life.
  • Mr 202
    Options
    hoodsavior wrote: »
    Jay is not jaz daddy..

According to your logic Jay is Tytys and Emorys daddy?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Jay was hanging on a ledge and Jaz reached out his hand to pull him up.

Jaz ended up hanging from that same ledge and Jay reached out his hand to pull him up.

Difference is, Jay had enough sense to accept the help.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bam playing on national radio in the U.K. Heard it three times already this morning.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not feeling caught their eyes, bam, moonlight

Dope album, not sure where it ranks on Jays best albums, I have top 5 as

Reasonable Doubt
    Black album
    Blueprint
    American Gangster
    Vol 1

4:44 might be top 5, time will tell
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's top 5 for me. I like it more than AG. But I never liked AG quite as much as yall seem to
  • qawshun
    Options

On Marcy Me

He says...

How you lose Halle tho

crazy chicks have great box from what i hear or what the meme's say lol i'd take that chance. i gotta google what his current looks like
  • soul rattler
    Options

On Marcy Me

He says...

How you lose Halle tho

crazy chicks have great box from what i hear or what the meme's say lol i'd take that chance. i gotta google what his current looks like

Couldn't be that great if he stepped out with at least 10 different women.

I say never go Halle Berry.

Jay said it on BP2, "Gotta keep it fresh, girl. Even when we sexing. Or don't be mad at him when it's on to the next one."
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another ? missing the point of the lyrics. This ? should focus on being a father to lil russel jr.

Ain't that rockos money tho

And ciaras with tjat good ol child support lol

Plus the other three baby mommas
  • Mr 202
    Options
    Jay was hanging on a ledge and Jaz reached out his hand to pull him up.

Jaz ended up hanging from that same ledge and Jay reached out his hand to pull him up.

Difference is, Jay had enough sense to accept the help.

I'm not disputing that, we all make mistakes,that's what makes us human.He doesn't have to do anything for Jaz but it will be good just for old times sake for Jay to do something for Jaz