Options
    ? plat in less than a week!
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because some old guy takes a picture with Jay and a platinum plaque does not make this album platinum lol how is it even possible when the album hasn't been released yet? whole worlds going ? mad a tell ya, you stans have took it to a whole new level congratulations.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I NEED THE PHYSICAL COPY OF 4:44!!!!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma let 4:44 breathe today
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love the album. But this is is a game shark cheat code just like MCHG. How the ? you go plat without selling any physical copies. Jay is trying to be the black Bernie Madoff lol.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because some old guy takes a picture with Jay and a platinum plaque does not make this album platinum lol how is it even possible when the album hasn't been released yet?

Because 2017?

"Hasnt been released yet"? What you mean?

You can go Plat on streams. Welcome to the modern world.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JAY-Z‘s new 4:44 album was only released last Thursday night (June 29), but the LP has already been certified platinum on Wednesday, July 5, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Pictured above is Hov and RIAA Chairman and CEO Cary Sherman with the plaque for the album. “Props to JAY, he’s done it again!” said Sherman in a statement. “Another Platinum album adds to an already iconic career.”

This is Hov’s 13th platinum album plaque, more than any other artist in RIAA history. He’s also the only rapper with 10 or more platinum albums to his name.

If you recall, something similar happened with Jay’s last album. Magna Carta Holy Grail was pre-delivered to a million Samsung customers back in 2013, and the RIAA actually changed its rules to allow the album to be certified platinum the same day it was released.

In a statement to XXL, Vice President of Communications Cara Duckworth explains the RIAA’s certification process as so: “Under the program’s rules, the artist needs to be compensated and there needs to be demonstrated consumer demand in the United States, either for an on-demand stream or a sale. A sale counts toward a certification if purchased directly by the customer or a business can purchase the album or song and offer it to fans who must take affirmative steps to acquire the album or song. Fans participated, took action and downloaded JAY-Z’s album offered by SPRINT.”

4:44 was released for pre-existing Tidal and Sprint customers. It’s since been made available for free download. The album is coming to iTunes and Apple Music this week, and physical copies (with three bonus tracks, including “Adnis”) are on the way as well.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/07/jay-z-444-album-platinum/
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    idujqklh9dru.jpg

already

Did I not call this? :lol:
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Drake, Rihanna, Eminem and several others went platinum on streams. No one batted an eye.

Now when Jay goes platinum these Eminem stans wanna question it smh.

Of course it'? more than a million streams u dumb muthafucka. It's the most talked about album for the past week.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Drake, Rihanna, Eminem and several others went platinum on streams. No one batted an eye.

Of course it'? more than a million streams u dumb muthafucka. It's the most talked about album for the past week.

This isn't going plat on streams. They are counting a ? singing up for Tidal for 4:44 as an actual album purchase. They aren't counting every 10,000 streams (or whatever the threshold is) as 1 unit regarding the sprint purchases. So his combined streaming numbers + the sprint downloads (1 download=1 album sale) is what got him platinum. This is the same cheat code he used for MCHG. Sprint literally bought jay a plaque.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

streams aren't counted the same way as sales though, as far as I know. I believe it's 1,500 streams = 1 sale, plus there's the fact that it's only available on Tidal and not the other more popular ones like spotify and apple. but it looks like they counted all the albums that were downloaded for free from the website as "bought by sprint"
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol ah ok.

Well U2 did the same with iPhones right?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Btw I honestly think it will go plat of physical sales anyways.

Alot of pre orders been made already.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because some old guy takes a picture with Jay and a platinum plaque does not make this album platinum lol how is it even possible when the album hasn't been released yet? whole worlds going ? mad a tell ya, you stans have took it to a whole new level congratulations.

Ur a lil too invested over an artist u dont like

We call this, "hating"
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ah ok.

Well U2 did the same with iPhones right?

lmao yeah, I mean you could argue they're using/abusing the system since their such big artists but *kanye shrug* ? it, doesn't really make a difference to me personally what it's sales certification is.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know where to watch The Story Of OJ vid? I can't find a real vid on youtube.