4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the album Platinum plus in a week huh??? The reason for this being a classic just keep coming in and I don't wanna hear about no cheating becuz when Wayne and Drake be going plat in a week like Birdman ain't behind that ? give em they props...... News flash it's all a cheat don't change the super facts which are add this album to the plat in a week list
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Shawn Jay-Z Carter, Congratulation on your album. Now I am geared for Jay Electronica album
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike030270 wrote: »
    Mybad if already posted
    You can get a free copy legally
    http://444.tidal.com/
    voucher code: SPRINT
    I just downloaded the flac album
    Wasn't able to do it on my phone so I did it on my pc

Props. I ain't a Jay fan, but I'll take the ? if it's given to me for free.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "This album is a classic because Sprint bought 1 million records" @GetoBoy lmao

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Just because some old guy takes a picture with Jay and a platinum plaque does not make this album platinum lol how is it even possible when the album hasn't been released yet? whole worlds going ? mad a tell ya, you stans have took it to a whole new level congratulations.

5387819325_98f0c86215_o.gif
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So why is Jay Z taking shots at Future anyway?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trying to figure out what all this buzz is about with rappers crying about Jay dissing them? Finally people are actually talking about lyrics. Haven't heard a song off the album, but this will be the first album I buy in years. All these crying ass rappers need to hit the booth and actually start rapping if they got a problem. Jay the GOAT.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "New rules" Jay been sayin it since MCHG
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude been dropping nuggets for a while now.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake, Rihanna, Eminem and several others went platinum on streams. No one batted an eye.

Now when Jay goes platinum these Eminem stans wanna question it smh.

Of course it'? more than a million streams u dumb muthafucka. It's the most talked about album for the past week.

This isn't going plat on streams. They are counting a ? singing up for Tidal for 4:44 as an actual album purchase. They aren't counting every 10,000 streams (or whatever the threshold is) as 1 unit regarding the sprint purchases. So his combined streaming numbers + the sprint downloads (1 download=1 album sale) is what got him platinum. This is the same cheat code he used for MCHG. Sprint literally bought jay a plaque.

Facts.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

Ok, come on, now this is the dickriding I was talking about. You don't see the difference between a million people liking an album enough to go out and buy with their own money and a million people getting an album for free because a company bought them and gave them away. Let me make it clear for you. I just downloaded it using the Spring code. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had to pay. How many other people do you believe fall into that category?

On a side note, this is how I'd rate it.

Lyrics - 4.5
    Flow - 2
    Beats - 4
    Subject Matter - 4.5
    Overall - 4

It's a good album, but Jay's flow was lazy as hell throughout it. For some songs, it fit, but others like with Legacy, it was just bad. Also, the beats were consistently good, but nothing really stood out to me. I don't feel there were any bangers. A lot of good songs, but nothing stood out to me.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

That was ? up too and the rules literally changed because of jays manipulation when MCHG came out. This ? opens up pandoras box. I mean ? in shenco's parents wanted to pay verizon to buy a million albums with these new rules he could go plat.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you care so much Monizzle? Why? There's a million ways people play the numbers. Some artist sell their ? for $6 or $7 instead of $10-12, some have big giveaways/signings, Jay did what he did. If you want to start hunting down exactly how everyone got to platinum, you gonna find out a bunch of ? ain't what you thought it was.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.
    he mastered doing it the old fashioned way but once cds stopped selling he found a digital loophole to keep his reputation intact

Hov has an obsession with going platinum
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Jay would've done a mill reguardless just now the way music moves it moves faster.

And folks can say what they want but a lot of folks that were platinum/multi in the past could do the same thing jay doing the difference is fans ain't really checking for a lot of them the way they checking for Jigga.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listened Friday and haven't played it again since... I dono why.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My list of the best tracks

1. Marcy Me
    2. The OJ Story
    3. 4:44
    4. Smile
    5. Moonlight
    6. Bam
    7. Family Fued
    8. Caught in their eyes