In a PR blitz before his trial, Bill Cosby blames racism for sexual assault claims

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? i profit off of ? sex..
    ? does that have to do wit goin to my daughter's dance recital!?

? does that have to do wit me dancin and singin wit her when her favorite song comes on in the movie she watches atleast twice a day!!?

jus last night i left the house when she was sleep.. made a quick 800$ got back home and watched the last 3 episodes of the Sopranos finale and was goin back to sneak in the bed so when she woke up i was there..

on my father's soul.. on her life im tiptoein in the room and her and my girl is not in the bed.. they woke up so she cod go use the restroom.. as i was walkin in so were they from the bathroom.. my girl goes "see there go daddy.. told u he was here" and her ? face lit up.. gave her a kiss and told her lets gets some more sleep.. she got in the bed and went to sleep grinnin ear to ear..

so let me get this straight..

im a ? horrible father?!

No...because they key component you pointed you is...you wee there...as in an active participant in her life. You didn't try to hide her...you didn't try to act as if she didn't exist until forced to.

im talkin about his IMMEDIATE family..
    would i have handled an illegitimate as he did i dont know..

considering how i feel about children and a father's role very doubtful..
    but outta what?? 5 kids ONE didnt get her father's affection but recieved all the monetary benefits..

and only cause it was a child OUTSIDE his mariage u go say he's a horrible father!!?

my ? u sound dumb as ? ..

No that's not why I said he's a horrible father. I think he's a ? person for that...I think he's a horrible father for his reaction to his daughter telling him she was sexually assaulted.

dont really know the backstory..

but as much as i love my mom.. my sister and my daughter.. they do some stupid ? .. like say these white ? ..

however i may act in public.. to the perp..
    behind closed doors imma tell they ? to shut the ? up..

i aint that kind of ? ..
    i aint about todie by ur stupidity WHEN I KNOW U KNOW BETTER!

learn from this..

1. Why do ya'll keep saying "these white women" as if there aren't black women who accused him too?
    2. Based on what you said...you wouldn't publicly tell the person a woman in your family accused "You need therapy" by your own accord....which is what Cosby did.
    3. Who is saying to support someone's bad decision making? In reality that's what you're doing. You're acting as if you can't say "Yeah, they shouldn't have been trying to ? him" while at the same time saying "Yeah, he shouldn't have been giving ? pills and putting his entire legacy at risk just for some ? "...two things can both be wrong at the same time.

1. cause this IS about white ? or we wouldnt be havin this conversation..

2. u dont know what id tell a woman in my family.. i wouldnt be excusing them is what i said..
    and if they was both in the wrong i may stall a ? out vs goin all out cause im real about the situation..

3. these are two adults doin adult ? .. what he does in private shouldnt effect his legacy.. slippery ? slope..

now IF what they say is true and can be proven then hey..
    but it cant so its kinda ? up his legacy is destroyed regardless..

only reason u ? is okay wit this ? is cause of who it is..

yall hate the system and how it works when it comes to Philando..
    but cheer it on when its Cosby..

u ? is straight suckas..
    thats what this ? is about.. this ? is deeper than me defending Bill Cosby..

i have a father..
    and Bill wasnt my childhood hero as inexplained in previous threads.. ? i was a kid watchin cartoons in the 80s and crippin in the 90s!

i couldve personally gave two ? about that ? ..

but as a grown ? MAN i can look back on this man's work and come to admire him.. and to sit back and watch the system come for him is one thing.. thats to be expected..

but to watch u ? ass ? join in the frey is ? troubling to say the least..
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    "we got problems but these problems, but the selfishness of women aren't to blame lol"

but men who take care of their families and have exhibitions outside of them are!!?

got it!!

didnt read all that ? by the way..
    jus skimmed thru it.
    ill ? on that other ? in a different conversation..

FOCUS ? !

lol

you read it

and I never said that cheating husbands were to blame

unlike a cosby who places the onus on the down trodden ...chiding said ppl for their moral deficiencies like a self righteous hypocrite

nah..
    actually i didnt read it like he didnt actually do what ur tryin to say he did.

whatever bruh

cosby got more in common with the rappers he shames and disparages than he would like to believe

then in his old age got the nerve to romanticize the times when unwed and single mothers were ostracized ... a man who has a child out of wedlock and has been making a mockery of his own marriage vows for decades....

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

? does that have to do wit me dancin and singin wit her when her favorite song comes on in the movie she watches atleast twice a day!!?

jus last night i left the house when she was sleep.. made a quick 800$ got back home and watched the last 3 episodes of the Sopranos finale and was goin back to sneak in the bed so when she woke up i was there..

on my father's soul.. on her life im tiptoein in the room and her and my girl is not in the bed.. they woke up so she cod go use the restroom.. as i was walkin in so were they from the bathroom.. my girl goes "see there go daddy.. told u he was here" and her ? face lit up.. gave her a kiss and told her lets gets some more sleep.. she got in the bed and went to sleep grinnin ear to ear..

im a ? horrible father?!

No...because they key component you pointed you is...you wee there...as in an active participant in her life. You didn't try to hide her...you didn't try to act as if she didn't exist until forced to.

but outta what?? 5 kids ONE didnt get her father's affection but recieved all the monetary benefits..

and only cause it was a child OUTSIDE his mariage u go say he's a horrible father!!?

No that's not why I said he's a horrible father. I think he's a ? person for that...I think he's a horrible father for his reaction to his daughter telling him she was sexually assaulted.

but as much as i love my mom.. my sister and my daughter.. they do some stupid ? .. like say these white ? ..

i aint that kind of ? ..

learn from this..

1. Why do ya'll keep saying "these white women" as if there aren't black women who accused him too?
    2. Based on what you said...you wouldn't publicly tell the person a woman in your family accused "You need therapy" by your own accord....which is what Cosby did.
    3. Who is saying to support someone's bad decision making? In reality that's what you're doing. You're acting as if you can't say "Yeah, they shouldn't have been trying to ? him" while at the same time saying "Yeah, he shouldn't have been giving ? pills and putting his entire legacy at risk just for some ? "...two things can both be wrong at the same time.

2. u dont know what id tell a woman in my family.. i wouldnt be excusing them is what i said..
    and if they was both in the wrong i may stall a ? out vs goin all out cause im real about the situation..

3. these are two adults doin adult ? .. what he does in private shouldnt effect his legacy.. slippery ? slope..

u ? is straight suckas..

i have a father..
    and Bill wasnt my childhood hero as inexplained in previous threads.. ? i was a kid watchin cartoons in the 80s and crippin in the 90s!

but as a grown ? MAN i can look back on this man's work and come to admire him.. and to sit back and watch the system come for him is one thing.. thats to be expected..

Let me add that those black women were used as tokens (with the same bogus stories as the rest) just so people can go "see see there were black women too so it isn't about race"
  • CapitalB
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

im a ? horrible father?!

i aint that kind of ? ..

learn from this..

u ? is straight suckas..

i have a father..

Let me add that those black women were used as tokens (with the same bogus stories as the rest) just so people can go "see see there were black women too so it isn't about race"

im sure EVERYONE in here knows the game and how they play..

jus that a "certain side" is tryin to act like this aint what it is..
    on one instance they get upset when they trot out they favorite ? .. they call them on they ? ..

buuuuuut this Cosby we talkin about..
    they excused for the ? this time.. "lets go along with it."
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

im a ? horrible father?!

i aint that kind of ? ..

learn from this..

u ? is straight suckas..

i have a father..

@ the bold...I made the exact same point only in reverse when ? was celebrating the mistrial yet 24 hrs before talking about how the system can't be trusted...it's hypocrisy all around and I don't praise either outcome because neither gives any sort of closure to anything....I'm not ok with what it's done to Cosby's legacy because it affects more than just him...which is the point you can't seem to get. When you're in the position Cosby in you no longer represent yourself...you represent anyone attached to your name and that's alot of people...and once again you're acting as if you can't admire the good he did while also saying he fell short in other areas too. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. Like every person to walk the planet he did both good and bad in his life...only thing is his bad affects more than just him on a level that most of us will never reach in our lives. 2 adults doing what 2 adults doing...but 1 of those adults had much more to lose by participating in said actions...and thus the bulk of the consequences for those actions fall on him. That's how life works...
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That one woman in the dress who was with Cosby after the mistrial. Anyone know who that was? A lawyer of his? It's a non-issue, but I Iooked her up, got nothing, and left it at that. Now I'm curious again, and it's bugging me.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure there were a couple of black women who allegedly went out with Bill Cosby. The had to throw a ringer or two in to pad the story for tabloid pleasure. But the one on the stand is a white woman. See, a black woman wouldn't work out for them because there is no proof what so ever. However as we all know a white woman who accuses a black man of assault, especially SEXUAL assault needs no other proof other than her words and tears. That's how life really works.
  • blackrain
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Sure there were a couple of black women who allegedly went out with Bill Cosby. The had to throw a ringer or two in to pad the story for tabloid pleasure. But the one on the stand is a white woman. See, a black woman wouldn't work out for them because there is no proof what so ever. However as we all know a white woman who accuses a black man of assault, especially SEXUAL assault needs no other proof other than her words and tears. That's how life really works.

This is because of the statute of limitations...that's not a conspiracy that's how the law works.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They rushed to file days before the statute ran out to make a name for the new prosecutor. That's the very definition of conspiracy.
  • CapitalB
    Options

im a ? horrible father?!

i aint that kind of ? ..

learn from this..

u ? is straight suckas..

i have a father..

@ the bold...I made the exact same point only in reverse when ? was celebrating the mistrial yet 24 hrs before talking about how the system can't be trusted...it's hypocrisy all around and I don't praise either outcome because neither gives any sort of closure to anything....I'm not ok with what it's done to Cosby's legacy because it affects more than just him...which is the point you can't seem to get. When you're in the position Cosby in you no longer represent yourself...you represent anyone attached to your name and that's alot of people...and once again you're acting as if you can't admire the good he did while also saying he fell short in other areas too. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. Like every person to walk the planet he did both good and bad in his life...only thing is his bad affects more than just him on a level that most of us will never reach in our lives. 2 adults doing what 2 adults doing...but 1 of those adults had much more to lose by participating in said actions...and thus the bulk of the consequences for those actions fall on him. That's how life works...

NO ? ..
    "@the bold" iv been makin the same muthafuckin point yall ? is suckas since page ? one!

and since we on "? iv been sayin"

i also touched on him payin off ? .. probably on page 2 if i go look..(in reference to ur previous attempt to derail)

i went on to talk about how that is not an admission to guilt.. seein as ? who get railroaded by the system will often take a plea rather than go to trial knowin ? well they innocent..

the same way rich people settle out of court..

for the ? convenience..

thats why im in here callin u ? ? lesbians rather than fully engaging ur ? ...
    u in here arguin like ? ..makin the same arguments over and over again like i didnt destroy it 20 ? pages ago..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'' still arguing in this thread? lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Ya'' still arguing in this thread? lol

i told ? i had time! :joy: :joy:
  • blackrain
    Options
    They rushed to file days before the statute ran out to make a name for the new prosecutor. That's the very definition of conspiracy.

And that has nothing to do with the race of the woman making the accusation. Youre conflating 2 things that in this instance aren't related
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up with a father so I can't really relate to ya'll ? in that regard. No judgement, but ya'll were really looking to Cliff Huxtable as a father figure? Are people joking or was that a real thing? I'm honestly asking.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up with a father so I can't really relate to ya'll ? in that regard. No judgement, but ya'll were really looking to Cliff Huxtable as a father figure? Are people joking or was that a real thing? I'm honestly asking.

i had a father as well...but what i did like to see what a black doctor and a black lawyer with kids who went to college.

got tired of seeing james evans not catching a break....jj getting shot and an ex nfl ? in the projects running after a hoochie.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

i had a father as well...but what i did like to see what a black doctor and a black lawyer with kids who went to college.

got tired of seeing james evans not catching a break....jj getting shot and an ex nfl ? in the projects running after a hoochie.

Yeah I get that. I mostly asked because I never put that kinda stock in TV. I never tried to get anything out of it in that manner. Even as a kid, unless it was some kind of documentary or educational program, I saw it as mindless entertainment. So when I hear people say ? like "Cliff Huxtable was like our dad," I've always thought people were joking, but now it seems like people are being real, which is weird to me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I get that. I mostly asked because I never put that kinda stock in TV. I never tried to get anything out of it in that manner. Even as a kid, unless it was some kind of documentary or educational program, I saw it as mindless entertainment. So when I hear people say ? like "Cliff Huxtable was like our dad," I've always thought people were joking, but now it seems like people are being real, which is weird to me.

alot of my friends didnt have fathers......my dad was like the dad for a few blacks in either direction.
    he used to feed ? and everything....talk to them...help them out..all kinds of ? .

all that ? changed when the ? era hit..

thats why alot of these dudes really dont have a platform to speak....
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't go as far as to say "Cliff Huxtable was like our dad," because I grew up with my pops too. But mindless entertainment? You aren't being honest or perhaps you are ignorant because you didn't watch.

The Cosby Show and A different World were very educational and direct in their proliferation of Black figures, to dealing with situations such as ? , abuse, plagiarism, and the balance of school, career and life.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Bill Cosby has donated over $750 million dollars of his hard earned money to black students seeking higher education. He holds the record to this day of the largest single donation of $20 million dollars to a black college-Spellman was the recipient. How many young black men and women (who some of y'all claim he hates) benefitted from that one gift? He has tirelessly promoted education for blacks over and over and he put his money behind his words every time. He spent the 70s and 80s promoting black themed shows devoid of any negative stereotypes and he hired black talent in front of and behind the cameras to deliver it. Did it reflect the masses? No. But that wasn't the point. The Blaxploitation genre at that time was raking in money reinforcing every real and made up stereotype of the lowest of our community. Dr Cosby decided go in another direction.

You realize a person can do both good and bad things in their lives right?

We know Cosby cheated on his wife. That's definitely undisputed facts.

He also spent a good amount of time chastising and ? on comedians who didn't fit his definition of "wholesome" comedy. There's a reason so many young comics in the 80's and 90's had issues with him. That ? Eddie Murphy talked about in Raw was real. Even Martin spoke about hearing from Bill Cosby after the show Martin debuted about how Bill told him he was "too raunchy" and making black folks look bad...Martin's response "He can sell all the jello in the world and be as nice and appealing to white folks as he wants, they still wouldn't let his ass buy NBC" and this was in the early 90s...

That's a different topic of conversation

Not really...part of this thread discussion revolves around the support or lack there of...and that is part of the reason why. His attempts to chastise and distance himself from people who he deemed to be "bad for black people" publicly while doing the same ? in his personal life he was publicly coming at people for.
    Allegedly.......

Ain't no allegedly to some of the ? . As much as he talked about the black family and what people weren't doing right, he damn sure was actively ? up his own family

? up his family how!!?

u know "back in the good ol' days" marriages didnt last cause ? wasnt "steppin outside they house"..

it lasted cause real ? knew they had a good man that took care of home first..

then u lesbians took over..

It lasted because the stigma of being divorced was worse than it is now and women had less options to take care of themselves outside of a marriage. ? got it twisted thinking marriages lasted longer because women knew they had a "good man" and just dealt with their husband having 2 separate families. Nah ? ...? had less options to support themselves should they leave.

And i'd say when as a response to your daughter telling you she was assaulted to tell the person she accused "You need therapy" ain't really being a good father...nor is having to constantly shell out money to women you're ? on the side so they keep quiet...nor is now having your family name drug through the mud because you thought it'd be a good idea to give ? pills so you can ? them...his actions have led to his name now being associated with something ? up...and regardless of being legally guilty or innocent it was his decision making that led to this. Ain't no getting around that

his decision making.....but lets not act like he was the true predator.

they was the predators...thinking they was going to get a come up. they got got.

now they want their revenge.

how you go too a married ? house but you the victim?

Folk will never answer that question...even tho they know dem side Delilah's were down to be ? adultresses. Hoes ain't ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I wouldn't go as far as to say "Cliff Huxtable was like our dad," because I grew up with my pops too. But mindless entertainment? You aren't being honest or perhaps you are ignorant because you didn't watch.

The Cosby Show and A different World were very educational and direct in their proliferation of Black figures, to dealing with situations such as ? , abuse, plagiarism, and the balance of school, career and life.

When I said mindless entertainment, I wasn't singling the Cosby Show out. I was saying that was my opinion on TV in general. Can you learn some moral lessons or something like that from the Cosby Show? Maybe, but I wasn't turning on the TV expecting to get that from any show, even when I was younger. That just wasn't my mindset when watching TV.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Idk why but whenever this ? types "Lesbians" i read that ? the same way Mr. Burns says "Excellent" on The Simpsons

nah, u just unapologetic playa hater
    what u square ? don't understand is
    it don't matter if that ? innocent or guilty

u gotta realize is this bigger Bill Cosby
    hahahaha

he's a black man, and the media is out to get him
    plus he gave us Fat Albert and Dr. Huxtable
    some of us didn't father figures

Bill provided that

so u think we gon let the white man take him down

u smokin' ? rock, laced with lemon juice

hahahaha

faaa94.png

proof a house broken ? is funny twice a day. lmao
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    BLACK PEOPLE AINT ? !!!!!BLACK PEOPLE ARE LOST!!!! WE CAN NOT PROGRESS. TREATING YOUR WOMEN BAD, CHEATING ON YOUR WIVES & GIRLFRIEND, SELLING AND TAKING DRUGS. STOP TRYING TO BE PIMPS AND PLAYERS. BLACK WOMEN ARE ACTING LIKE ? 'S AND ARE CHOOSING THUGS AND RAPPERS. BLACK COMEDIANS NEED TO STOP CURSING AND CLEAN THEIR ACTS UP. STOP ACTING LIKE FOOLS.

STOP CRYING RACISM!!!!!!! IT'S NOT THE WHITE MAN IT'S YOU!!! It's like pound cake.............

(after the whites jam him up)

I hope the black community comes to my aid. THIS IS RACISM!!!!!!!!
    tiger-us-open-laugh.gif
    tumblr_inline_napcgm8TjZ1qj6js5.gif
    54cc0386ba5e6f1344ae3711_image.jpg
    giphy.gif

• CapitalB
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    BLACK PEOPLE AINT ? !!!!!BLACK PEOPLE ARE LOST!!!! WE CAN NOT PROGRESS. TREATING YOUR WOMEN BAD, CHEATING ON YOUR WIVES & GIRLFRIEND, SELLING AND TAKING DRUGS. STOP TRYING TO BE PIMPS AND PLAYERS. BLACK WOMEN ARE ACTING LIKE ? 'S AND ARE CHOOSING THUGS AND RAPPERS. BLACK COMEDIANS NEED TO STOP CURSING AND CLEAN THEIR ACTS UP. STOP ACTING LIKE FOOLS.

STOP CRYING RACISM!!!!!!! IT'S NOT THE WHITE MAN IT'S YOU!!! It's like pound cake.............

(after the whites jam him up)

I hope the black community comes to my aid. THIS IS RACISM!!!!!!!!
    tiger-us-open-laugh.gif
    tumblr_inline_napcgm8TjZ1qj6js5.gif
    54cc0386ba5e6f1344ae3711_image.jpg
    giphy.gif

? get the ? outta here..
    wit not only what ur tryin to insinuate wit Cosby.. but wit
    tryin to insinuate that ? about Mike..

dont be foolish ? ..

• sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options

im a ? horrible father?!

i aint that kind of ? ..

learn from this..

u ? is straight suckas..

i have a father..

And they made them blacken up too, they went from straight hair & pale complexion to afros & tanning beds.