4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    I know Jay from the 90´s early 2000 this ? is less than average Jay is nice this album is trash.Ya give Jay way too much credit let´s see when Nas drop whats the talk is going to be different.

Nas already made an album like 4:44 and it come out in 2012. It was called "Life Is Good".

so which song on 4:44 is Summer on Smash?

Or that gawbage Mary J joint
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    I know Jay from the 90´s early 2000 this ? is less than average Jay is nice this album is trash.Ya give Jay way too much credit let´s see when Nas drop whats the talk is going to be different.

Nas already made an album like 4:44 and it come out in 2012. It was called "Life Is Good".

so which song on 4:44 is Summer on Smash?

Or that gawbage Mary J joint

The hook is weak, but it's good track (though it's an overused sample). Nas goes in.

And Summer on Smash has obnoxious Swizz Beatz on the hook, but I think that beat is hard. Both songs just needed to cut those hooks.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4:44 is better than Damn/TPAB..... TPAB is debatable I guess but Damn??? Hell naw I know ? ain't gonna like this but I'm good off all that singing Kdot do idk how we clown Drake for that ? but Kdot gets a pass that ? be sounding bad to me
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    4:44 is better than Damn/TPAB..... TPAB is debatable I guess but Damn??? Hell naw I know ? ain't gonna like this but I'm good off all that singing Kdot do idk how we clown Drake for that ? but Kdot gets a pass that ? be sounding bad to me

Singing aside, Damn > TPAB
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Singing aside, Damn > TPAB

Easily
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear to ? i could not get into TPAB. I still stand by my opinion that Pinata, ASAP, and 2014 FHD are all better. The production did not catch my ear on TPAB. I like Jazz sounding beats ie Pete Rock, ATCQ, but that was not it.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we are back on Nas

Naw we on Kendrick now lol
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how these Nasrealites and pseudo-intellectuals do the same thing they accuse Jay of doing...

Descending from on high to brag about all of the sociopolitical and economic knowledge that they "already know" and us mere mortals should just stand in awe of their greatness.

Shut the ? up. Jay ain't the first to spit knowledge. Neither was Nas, neither was KRS, neither was MLK, neither was Jesus, and neither are you.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album is still in heavy rotation for me

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    Man these Kendrick and Nas fans are funny. 4:44 is easily better than Life is good or TPAB/Damn. The Gems on 4:44 are miles better than Life is good.

I enjoy 4:44 but No, No, No and Hell No.

Its better than Damn

For the content, word play alone

I'll even argue quality wise Smile, Family Feud, Marcy Me> anything on Damn

And Life is Good is not Nas best work either

Both albums could've used some heavy editing as well

Especially Damn ...see Love, ? , Loyalty

4:44 doesn't have any skippable tracks really. They worked hard to make it really tight, future-classic status, but still, I think "Stay" might be better than anything on all three albums.

Its debatable

Stay was a nice listen

Mellow

The second verse made the song for me

But the first verse felt alil too cliche

Didnt have much replay value for me either

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    can someone please explain this "lazy flow" complaint I keep hearing?

i don't hear lazy on this album...and the production was pretty damn good to me.

This is why people are saying ya'll are stanning. It's fair to say that you don't mind the flow, but the ? ain't even rapping on half the songs. He's basically talking to the beat. Go listen to literally any other Jay album and then listen to this one. If you don't see why people are saying he has a lazy flow, I don't know what to tell you.
  • slickwatts
    slickwatts Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Options
    Hov got geriatric crackhead Mc's hatin
    https://youtu.be/MWRmoSK8ZWM
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    lol no it's not . Jay z is ? jay z.

I like them both, but there is no denying that Kendrick (along w/ Drake, Future, & J Cole) were at very top of the hip hop ladder prior to Jay Z dropping 4:44.

Jay came in and completely took ALL of air out of the room. ? have actually retired the DAMN album from rotation.

Y'all and these hot takes....? can enjoy more than 1 album at a time.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slickwatts wrote: »

Wait wait wait...

Did this ? just say "if you wanna tell people to do something, tell them to pull their pants up. Not put money to their ear. That's what their fans expect from them"?

I couldn't listen past that dumb ? . MC Shan will always be known in Hip Hop as the first rapper to fight against knowledge. He needs to shut the ? up forever.
  • slickwatts
    Options

Wait wait wait...

Did this ? just say "if you wanna tell people to do something, tell them to pull their pants up. Not put money to their ear. That's what their fans expect from them"?

I couldn't listen past that dumb ? . MC Shan will always be known in Hip Hop as the first rapper to fight against knowledge. He needs to shut the ? up forever.
    and all this after admitting he didn't even hear the album

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tell people to pull their pants up.... (Very next sentence) don't tell people not to put money to their ear don't tell people what to do. Lol
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    This album reminds me of when Jay said if he could, he rap like Kweli and/or common if the dollars and cents. He is there now- mature rap. The theme of a few songs reminds me of the Life is Good/untitled feel.

• slickwatts
    Options
    On the black album he said what more can I say like he was running out of subject matter so to ? himself and grow in his late 40's is impressive
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    As much as I like this album a week later I’m only bumping Family Feud, Bam, Moonlight and Marcy Me.

As for comparisons with DAMN there is nothing that slaps like DNA, rides like Yah, hard as ? , relatable as Fear or deep as Duckworth.

Adnis should have been on the track list. Why did he pull it?
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I like this album a week later I’m only bumping Family Feud, Bam, Moonlight and Marcy Me.

As for comparisons with DAMN there is nothing that slaps like DNA, rides like Yah, hard as ? , relatable as Fear or deep as Duckworth.

Adnis should have been on the track list. Why did he pull it?

Don't sleep on '? '. When the baseline comes in, that joint rides.

But 444>>DAMN...jay is just the more polished rapper at this point. Kendrick is can get there eventually