Options
    ? 's Son
    ? Carter 3 must be top 5 then
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's Son
    Stew wrote: »
    Y'all are underestimating the impact made you look made when it first dropped, Nas shut ? down for a moment in time as well, I'm not going to compare the impact both albums made but Gods son wasn't just a blip on the radar, that was Nas' first album after taking the game back and he made a statement with that album, in the end all that really matters is what album is better musically and stood the test of time and that's gods son, you shouldn't be voting for GRODT just because he was able to get all of white america to buy his ? , if it wasn't for Nas 50 wouldn't have been in that position in the first place

"If it wasn't for Rakim, Nas wouldn't be in that position anyway" wackest argument of all time.

About as wack as judging an album off of buzz and album sales

Cosign

Eminem had a buzz around 03 too. But does anybody think The Eminem Show is better than ? 's Son?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's Son
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Y'all are underestimating the impact made you look made when it first dropped, Nas shut ? down for a moment in time as well, I'm not going to compare the impact both albums made but Gods son wasn't just a blip on the radar, that was Nas' first album after taking the game back and he made a statement with that album, in the end all that really matters is what album is better musically and stood the test of time and that's gods son, you shouldn't be voting for GRODT just because he was able to get all of white america to buy his ? , if it wasn't for Nas 50 wouldn't have been in that position in the first place

"If it wasn't for Rakim, Nas wouldn't be in that position anyway" wackest argument of all time.

Cosign

Eminem had a buzz around 03 too. But does anybody think The Eminem Show is better than ? 's Son?

These bozo's probably do
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ? 's Son
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Now we giving Nas the credit for 50??? Y'all a trip lololololol

Facts are facts, regardless y'all are only focusing on one little fact I threw in there and not the original point, after all the ? "the game stopped when 50 dropped" ? y'all are so infatuated with Gods son is still the better album, that's all that matters to me
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? 's Son
    ? Carter 3 must be top 5 then

? ......Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em>>>>>>Illmatic going by these ? logic
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ? 's Son
    bck145 wrote: »

So don't rate an album on impact.....but discredit 50 because nas had an impact on him?

People really need to start thinking before they hit post

You're getting bodied up and down this thread, take your own advice
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Cosign

Yes, people do and has nothing to do with sales or buzz.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying

So don't rate an album on impact.....but discredit 50 because nas had an impact on him?

People really need to start thinking before they hit post

You're getting bodied up and down this thread, take your own advice

Haha not when people are making posts like the one I quoted....or when ppl say one album was more anticipated than the other....3 posts later that switch their story

So where exactly am I getting bodied?
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's Son

Cosign

Who white people who started listen to hip-hop in 99 when Em came out. And that's their favorite rapper.
  • Stew
    Options

Cosign

Who white people who started listen to hip-hop in 99 when Em came out. And that's their favorite rapper.

Nope. I know plenty of black people who don't even like Nas.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    ? 's Son

Cosign

Tell those preppy cornballs to clean their ears. And I don't know too many black people that like Eminem show like that. ? didn't get played in my hood.
  • Stew
    Options

Cosign

Tell those preppy cornballs to clean their ears. And I don't know too many black people that like Eminem show like that. ? didn't get played in my hood.

I've never heard 1 single person play Commons Resurrection in my hood either. ? must suck.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Dance>>>>>>anything on GRODT.

Till this day that song is hard to listen to
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    ? 's Son

Cosign

I've never heard 1 single person play Commons Resurrection in my hood either. ? must suck.

Eminem Show a multi-platinum album. Resurrection didn't even go gold in the 90s. So if you didn't heard Common in the hood like that, maybe cause it didn't sell like that. Em did sell. And you didn't hear him in the hood. What that tell you smart guy?
  • Stew
    Options

Cosign

Eminem Show a multi-platinum album. Resurrection didn't even go gold in the 90s. So if you didn't heard Common in the hood like that, maybe cause it didn't sell like that. Em did sell. And you didn't hear him in the hood. What that tell you smart guy?

It tells me that you've never been to every hood.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    The problem with yall nation of naslam stans is you are discrediting the impact and reach of GRODT. Part of what makes a better album is for the music to relate to a larger demographic and impact a larger part of the country to buy the album and rock with it.

GRODT had a better plot than Gods Son. It had club bangers and it had street anthems. However the versatility and reach of the album is a large reason of why the album was better. Gods Son was a good album. But GRODT was easily a better album than Gods Son.

So by your logic an underground album can't be better because it won't have the reach to the different demographics? So GRODT was better than Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt and Ready to Die because it reach more people, sold more so it had a bigger impact? ? out of here with that ? . So Hammer first album was better than dead prez first album because it had more of an impact and had club hits? ....................okayyyyyyy.

And GS was more versatile thad GRODT. What are you talking about. He had street bangers, club bangers, songs for the ladies, a song for the children, conscious songs, introspective personal songs.

It's not the end all be all but you can't discredit impact and reach. You can't compare the commercial appeal of a hammer album that lived off just 1 hit song to an album like GRODT that had track after track after track that was raw and hit hard. Some songs were street bangers and other songs were commercial club hits like in da club.

When it comes to complete albums i listen to front to back its illmatic and it was written. I dabble into stillmatic and I am singles and deep cuts from time to time too. Very rarely will something from ? 's Son get play. And honestly outside of the nation of Naslam ? on the IC i highly doubt ? really still bumping Gods Son like that in 2017. On the flip side any 50 fan or ny ? probally would be more likely to listen to GRODT than Gods son.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    ? 's Son
    The problem with yall nation of naslam stans is you are discrediting the impact and reach of GRODT. Part of what makes a better album is for the music to relate to a larger demographic and impact a larger part of the country to buy the album and rock with it.

GRODT had a better plot than Gods Son. It had club bangers and it had street anthems. However the versatility and reach of the album is a large reason of why the album was better. Gods Son was a good album. But GRODT was easily a better album than Gods Son.

So by your logic an underground album can't be better because it won't have the reach to the different demographics? So GRODT was better than Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt and Ready to Die because it reach more people, sold more so it had a bigger impact? ? out of here with that ? . So Hammer first album was better than dead prez first album because it had more of an impact and had club hits? ....................okayyyyyyy.

And GS was more versatile thad GRODT. What are you talking about. He had street bangers, club bangers, songs for the ladies, a song for the children, conscious songs, introspective personal songs.

It's not the end all be all but you can't discredit impact and reach. You can't compare the commercial appeal of a hammer album that lived off just 1 hit song to an album like GRODT that had track after track after track that was raw and hit hard. Some songs were street bangers and other songs were commercial club hits like in da club.

When it comes to complete albums i listen to front to back its illmatic and it was written. I dabble into stillmatic and I am singles and deep cuts from time to time too. Very rarely will something from ? 's Son get play. And honestly outside of the nation of Naslam ? on the IC i highly doubt ? really still bumping Gods Son like that in 2017. On the flip side any 50 fan or ny ? probally would be more likely to listen to GRODT than Gods son.

I compair Hammer first album with his one hot single to dead prez first album with their one hot single ( Bigger than hip-hop). You can't tell me Hammer album was better cause it had more impact. If you like 50 cool. But GS was more lyrical, more creative and a more well rounded album. It was more than the clubs and the streets. I understand most people are sheep and don't want substance. They want baby food and not steak. But it doesn't mean the deeper album not the better album.

Cosign

It tells me that you've never been to every hood.

You must be a Eminem fan.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    Both albums came out around the same time.

From my recollection there was just as much hype amongst REAL Hip Hop heads, but mainstream America was stuck on 50 Cent.

I'm voting for ? 's Son because he delivered EXACTLY what I wanted to hear; Grown man music. He wasn't rapping about rims on a truck or making it rain in the strip club. He matured and approached the album from the perspective of somebody thats been in the industry for a while rather than your typical NY punchline rapper.

Also, Get Down is one of Nas's better songs.

Wasn't nobody rapping about making it rain when GRODT dropped. I know you're senile and old but people weren't talking about that until "Make It Rain" dropped which was well over 3 years later.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    5 grand don't know what he's talking about.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? 's Son
    The way I remember it, The Nas vs Jay beef was still going strong. People were still debating Takeover vs Ether. For the first time, when you asked, "who is your favorite rapper of all time?" people were saying either Nas or Jay. Prior to the beef if you asked the same question you might get KRS, Rakim, Snoop, 2Pac or Big. But after the beef both MCs (Jay and Nas) got propelled to another tier. They were the best rappers alive. They had a classic battle and then continued to make records, unlike Pac and Big who died in the middle of a beef that never got settled.

Anybody who was into Hip Hop at the time was more interested in what Nas's next record was going to sound like than what Eminem, 50 Cent and Dre were doing. I'm talking about my generation, the people that copped Illmatic when it first came out. The people who heard Illmatic before It Was Written. I'm talking about the people that remembered THE HYPE LEADING UP TO ILLMATIC. We heard Stillmatic and Lost Tapes and we were anxious to hear what Nas was going to do next. 50 Cent was an afterthought.

? 's son came out 2 months before GRODT....and people were super excited to see what 50 could do on that album....you are not remembering that time very well...50 was running hip hop, he had the mixtapes and the album that everyone was anticipating....when that album leaked on the internet I remember ppl sitting in their crib downloading it as soon as they got word

Sure ppl wanted to hear what nas had to say after stillmatic but it was a blip on the radar compared to 50's album

The way i remember nas just became proved himself the best rapper was a big pop artist to come in i mean 50 ..? blu made a top five so who was the real ? nas beat a ? an gangsta hip hop a vs sport in fields ll cool j ?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    The way I remember it, The Nas vs Jay beef was still going strong. People were still debating Takeover vs Ether. For the first time, when you asked, "who is your favorite rapper of all time?" people were saying either Nas or Jay. Prior to the beef if you asked the same question you might get KRS, Rakim, Snoop, 2Pac or Big. But after the beef both MCs (Jay and Nas) got propelled to another tier. They were the best rappers alive. They had a classic battle and then continued to make records, unlike Pac and Big who died in the middle of a beef that never got settled.

Anybody who was into Hip Hop at the time was more interested in what Nas's next record was going to sound like than what Eminem, 50 Cent and Dre were doing. I'm talking about my generation, the people that copped Illmatic when it first came out. The people who heard Illmatic before It Was Written. I'm talking about the people that remembered THE HYPE LEADING UP TO ILLMATIC. We heard Stillmatic and Lost Tapes and we were anxious to hear what Nas was going to do next. 50 Cent was an afterthought.

? 's son came out 2 months before GRODT....and people were super excited to see what 50 could do on that album....you are not remembering that time very well...50 was running hip hop, he had the mixtapes and the album that everyone was anticipating....when that album leaked on the internet I remember ppl sitting in their crib downloading it as soon as they got word

Sure ppl wanted to hear what nas had to say after stillmatic but it was a blip on the radar compared to 50's album

The way i remember nas just became proved himself the best rapper was a big pop artist to come in i mean 50 ..? blu made a top five so who was the real ? nas beat a ? an gangsta hip hop a vs sport in fields ll cool j ?

Translation please
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying

Translation please

Hell yeah, lmao
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's Son
    Hammer had more than one single

Pray
    U Can't Touch This
    Have You Seen Her
    Help The Children
    Dancing Machine
    Here Comes The Hammer

^^^ Those were all singles with videos from the Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em album. Hammer was on top 40 radio for a full year, maybe longer.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    A bunch of ? in here too soft for aggressive content
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? 's Son

grammartime.gif~c200