4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    slickwatts wrote: »

Most tactful, respectful dodge to a question I've ever seen. Props to French Montana. That ? was Matrix level acrobatics

real ? tears!!!!!!!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't take to AG like a lotta you guys did. The struggle flow was much more of an issue on songs like Sweet than it was here.

Also, I've never been a fan of the Volumes.

Dynasty better than all three of them imo

Blueprint 2 cudda been a classic
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just goes to show you that Jay fans hear something else when they listen to his music. Vol. 1 is one of the most boring albums I've heard from a big name. I mean, I don't think AG is a great album, but I can at least see how people like it. The last time I listened to Vol. 1, I spent the whole album wondering how Jay even made it big.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slickwatts wrote: »

My tidal ends on Sunday get all the videos out now!
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every song is hot on vol 1 except I know what girls like
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    Every song is hot on vol 1 except I know what girls like

And city is mine
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just goes to show you that Jay fans hear something else when they listen to his music. Vol. 1 is one of the most boring albums I've heard from a big name. I mean, I don't think AG is a great album, but I can at least see how people like it. The last time I listened to Vol. 1, I spent the whole album wondering how Jay even made it big.

Million questions, streets is watching, friend or foe, imaginary player,where I'm from, lucky me and you must love me

Trying to be as far as I can. Here's how I rate the songs on that album.

Million Questions - 4
    City is Mine - 4
    I Know What Girls Like - 0
    Imaginary Player - 2 (Not terrible, but boring to me)
    Streets is Watching - 3
    Friend or Foe 98 - 3
    Lucky Me - 2 (Again not terrible, but boring to me)
    Sunshine - 1
    Who You Wit - 2
    Face Off - 0
    Real ? - 4.5
    Rap Game/? Game - 3
    Where I'm From - 4.5
    You Must Love Me - 4

It's not like I think there are no good tracks. There is some heat, but there is just as much trash. And even with the songs I gave 3 too, I don't really like them all that much, but I can't say they are bad. It may just be a matter of taste, but that album is forgettable to me.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "JAY-Z made his Billboard chart debut back in March 1996, and since then, the hip-hop superstar has racked up an impressive tally of feats and figures on the charts. Most recently, he notched his 14th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 dated July 29 with 4:44, extending his record as the solo artist with the most leaders in the history of the tally.

Let’s take a look at JAY-Z, by the numbers, on Billboard’s charts:

14: JAY-Z has earned 14 No. 1s on the Billboard 200 albums chart, extending his existing record as the solo artist with the most leaders in the 61-year history of the tally. His latest leader helps distance him from the two solo acts with the second-most No. 1s -- Bruce Springsteen and Barbra Streisand -- who each have 11 No. 1s. In total, JAY-Z has the second-most No. 1s behind only The Beatles, who have 19 chart-toppers. Further, JAY-Z holds the record for the most No. 1 debuts on the chart, as all 14 of his No. 1s have bowed in the top slot.

36 million: In total, JAY-Z’s albums have sold 36.3 million copies in the U.S., through July 13, according to Nielsen Music. His best-selling album is 1998’s Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life, with 5.4 million sold.

March 16, 1996: JAY-Z made his Billboard chart debut on March 16, 1996, when the double-sided single “Ain’t No ? ”/“Dead Presidents,” featuring Foxy Brown, bowed on multiple tallies, including Hot Rap Songs and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. The song eventually peaked at Nos. 4 and 17 on the lists, respectively.

90: Through July 29, 2017, JAY-Z has scored 90 entries on the Hot Rap Songs chart. Among those are 39 top 10s, with five of those going all the way to No. 1.

96: On the Billboard Hot 100, JAY-Z has claimed 96 hits -- the fifth-most in the chart’s 58-year-old history. (On the July 29, 2017-dated chart, nine songs debut from the 4:44 album, pushing his total hits from 87 to 96, surpassing James Brown’s total of 91.)

4: JAY-Z has topped the Billboard Hot 100 four times -- three times as the featured artist on a song and once with a duet. His first three No. 1s were all featured turns: Mariah Carey’s “Heartbreaker” (in 1999), Beyoncé’s “Crazy In Love” (2003) and Rihanna’s “Umbrella” (2007). In 2009, he brought home his first No. 1 as a lead artist, with “Empire State of Mind,” a duet with Alicia Keys.

35: JAY-Z has notched 35 top 10 hits on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including his newest: “The Story of O.J.” The track bows at No. 10 on the July 29-dated list, marking his first top 10 debut where he’s the lead artist. (He previously debuted in the top 10 as the featured artist on Beyoncé’s “? in Love” and on Drake’s “Pop Style.”)

5: While not exactly known as a dance artist, JAY-Z has scored five hits on the Dance Club Songs chart -- all through featured turns on other artists’ songs. In 1999, his turn on “Heartbreaker” hit No. 2, and he followed that up with a pair of No. 1s with Beyoncé (“Deja Vu”) and Rihanna (“Umbrella”) in 2006 and 2007, respectively. In 2013, his role on Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” helped the track rise to No. 22, and the following year, JAY-Z teamed up again with Beyoncé on the No. 12-peaking “? in Love.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7866305/jay-z-by-the-numbers-billboard-charts
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Vol 1 is a cool album but for the love of ? why do people overrate the ? outta it as far as jays catalog rankings?. And imaginary player is a cool song but people overhype it. As far as the volumes:

1. Vol2
    2. Vol1
    3. Vol 3
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo is this ? gonna make videos for all the songs? That would be dope
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

Million Questions - 4
    City is Mine - 4
    I Know What Girls Like - 0
    Imaginary Player - 2 (Not terrible, but boring to me)
    Streets is Watching - 3
    Friend or Foe 98 - 3
    Lucky Me - 2 (Again not terrible, but boring to me)
    Sunshine - 1
    Who You Wit - 2
    Face Off - 0
    Real ? - 4.5
    Rap Game/? Game - 3
    Where I'm From - 4.5
    You Must Love Me - 4

Imaginary Player and Lucky Me are 2s?

Lucky Me one of Jiggas most underrated tracks

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yo is this ? gonna make videos for all the songs? That would be dope

This similar to what he was trying to do on the Black album
  • 270crownst
    Options
    So where jigga rank on ya all time list after this album..or is he still in the same position where u left him at?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So where jigga rank on ya all time list after this album..or is he still in the same position where u left him at?

Same place.

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Same place.

Rakim
    Nas
    Pac
    Jay
    Cube
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Same place.

#1b

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My ? gave imaginary player a muthafuckin 2 and streets is watching at 3

WHAT IN THE ? YO?
  • 270crownst
    Options
    Streets of watching third verse is top 3 jay verses of all time! Facts