Options

Comments

• metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Lol a lot of people grew up with jay z and jaz on here

He lived and went to highschool in my city. Two of my cousin knew him. One ran with him tough. I heard stories.
    Ibex wrote: »
    Y'all wildin calling this album a classic already. I think because there's so much garbage rap, anytime someone puts out a decent album people lose their mind and hype it more than it should be. This is a GOOD album, a lot of grown man rap, but classic!? FOH...RD,Blueprint, Black Album, AG, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2>>>>4:44

If it's a classic 5 years from now, then it's a classic today. But I understand what you are saying. But I think it's better than Vol 2 and Black album.

nope

Nope what?

better than vol 2 & black album

You crazy as hell.

4:44> TBA and Vol2. Production and content alone kills both those albums.

? will fight u about their allegiance to The Black Album

I don't understand the hype of 4:44. It has a different sounding production. But its not mind blowing. And for an introspective album, it is not that deep. Lyrically its ok. Not his best. And only a few songs are super dope to me. Plus Nas gave him this style that he's running with.

Fixed.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He lived and went to highschool in my city. Two of my cousin knew him. One ran with him tough. I heard stories.
    Y'all wildin calling this album a classic already. I think because there's so much garbage rap, anytime someone puts out a decent album people lose their mind and hype it more than it should be. This is a GOOD album, a lot of grown man rap, but classic!? FOH...RD,Blueprint, Black Album, AG, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2>>>>4:44

If it's a classic 5 years from now, then it's a classic today. But I understand what you are saying. But I think it's better than Vol 2 and Black album.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

I don't understand the hype of 4:44. It has a different sounding production. But its not mind blowing. And for an introspective album, it is not that deep. Lyrically its ok. Not his best. And only a few songs are super dope to me. Plus Nas gave him this style that he's running with.

Fixed.

Production was dope. He got that from Common. Content was refreshing. And it was about time. ? like Common, Nas and others been making albums with substance and themes for decades. But 4:44 a really dope album regardless.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

Production was dope. He got that from Common. Content was refreshing. And it was about time. ? like Common, Nas and others been making albums with substance and themes for decades. But 4:44 a really dope album regardless.

So what? Why do people keep sayin' this. No one is sayin' Jig is the first person to make a conscious album

I don't understand that either.... Jay isn't the first rapper to make a conscious album ok and??? If it doesn't take away from the album being dope what's the point in saying this
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

So what? Why do people keep sayin' this. No one is sayin' Jig is the first person to make a conscious album

I don't understand that either.... Jay isn't the first rapper to make a conscious album ok and??? If it doesn't take away from the album being dope what's the point in saying this

This goes back to what I said before. People don't really want to attack Jay. They really want to attack people who say or imply stupid ? about Jay. It's not a knock against Jay that he isn't the first rapper to make a conscious album, but it is a response to everyone acting like Jay has done something profound and new by making an album like this.
  • Ree4er Madness
    Ree4er Madness Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm still listening to this album every day from start to finish. Smile is my favorite but I don't have to skip any songs.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

This goes back to what I said before. People don't really want to attack Jay. They really want to attack people who say or imply stupid ? about Jay. It's not a knock against Jay that he isn't the first rapper to make a conscious album, but it is a response to everyone acting like Jay has done something profound and new by making an album like this.

You got any examples?
  • power_wisdom
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

Don't get your thongs in a bunch. I was responding to what someone said to me by "fixing" my post that wasn't even about 4:44. It was about the TBA . But what he said did have some valid points. The question is why you acting all sensitive about it? You didn't even read the post in the proper context. Ya'll sound like stans. I love the album. But even people outside of Hip-Hop, black intellectuals have question the over exaggeration of people saying how conscious the album is. I myself have no problem with the album. It was long over due.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

Don't get your thongs in a bunch. I was responding to what someone said to me by "fixing" my post that wasn't even about 4:44. It was about the TBA . But what he said did have some valid points. The question is why you acting all sensitive about it? You didn't even read the post in the proper context. Ya'll sound like stans. I love the album. But even people outside of Hip-Hop, black intellectuals have question the over exaggeration of people saying how conscious the album is. I myself have no problem with the album. It was long over due.

Brudda all I'm askin' for is some examples of what your talkin' about

• power_wisdom
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

https://youtu.be/X-8lqOHsjB0

https://youtu.be/Mvq3PBPj3CA

https://youtu.be/1SPSc2QwMoY

I'm not attacking the album, but you asked.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

Ight but where are the ? actin' like this is the first conscious album?

All you did was post vids of ? makin' the same claim as you
  • power_wisdom
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

Ight but where are the ? actin' like this is the first conscious album?

All you did was post vids of ? makin' the same claim as you

Go to Facebook or Twitter. Hit the back button a couple of times on this thread. Come on bro you know some people take it to far. Like I said I like the album alot. ? is classic material to me. But you got stan that say all kind of crazy ? . Look at how sensitive ? was acting because they thought I attacked the album.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just goes to show you that Jay fans hear something else when they listen to his music. Vol. 1 is one of the most boring albums I've heard from a big name. I mean, I don't think AG is a great album, but I can at least see how people like it. The last time I listened to Vol. 1, I spent the whole album wondering how Jay even made it big.

Million questions, streets is watching, friend or foe, imaginary player,where I'm from, lucky me and you must love me

Trying to be as far as I can. Here's how I rate the songs on that album.

Million Questions - 4
    City is Mine - 4
    I Know What Girls Like - 0
    Imaginary Player - 2 (Not terrible, but boring to me)
    Streets is Watching - 3
    Friend or Foe 98 - 3
    Lucky Me - 2 (Again not terrible, but boring to me)
    Sunshine - 1
    Who You Wit - 2
    Face Off - 0
    Real ? - 4.5
    Rap Game/? Game - 3
    Where I'm From - 4.5
    You Must Love Me - 4

It's not like I think there are no good tracks. There is some heat, but there is just as much trash. And even with the songs I gave 3 too, I don't really like them all that much, but I can't say they are bad. It may just be a matter of taste, but that album is forgettable to me.

First human not to like imaginary player
    3n7z94lzsgt1.gif

"Pigeons can't be plaaaymates... pigeons can't be plaaaymates"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

You got any examples?

You can go through the topic and read for yourself. Someone basically said the album is already a classic because Jay is 50 and he dropped real knowledge in his lyrics. We really going to act like that's not "acting like Jay has done something profound."
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    ? have to remember in the 90s publication like the Source and XXL used to ? on underground artist and conscious artist who didn't sell, when it came down to rating them. Platinum artist got 4 mics for an average album while an underground artist got 3.5 for a classic. So people are aware of the favoritism that existed. And they're going to call out the ? now, because they have a voice via the internet. It's not that people don't like Jay-z album. It's that other artist don't get the same amount of appreciation for work just as good or better.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of y'all hate it when people enjoy things. It must be so agonizing to see people happy about music.

Fact.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the ? a good album. First The Story Of OJ was my favorite. Then it was 4:44. Now it's Through Their Eyes. I've heard most of Hov albums. This is the one I enjoy most.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

Nobody saying or acting like it's new tho ppl are saying it's dope and giving the reasons why it's dope... Nobody has said they've never heard what Jay is talking about B4 they've said I've never heard this from JAY in this manner so ppl are acknowledging this is new from Jay but y'all want ppl to give other rappers credit for Jay album instead of giving Jay the credit I don't get it
  • GetoBoy
    edited July 2017
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

Fixed.

That ? stay tryna find a reason to say sum ? ? insult swear he down low
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Yeah the ? a good album. First The Story Of OJ was my favorite. Then it was 4:44. Now it's Through Their Eyes. I've heard most of Hov albums. This is the one I enjoy most.

You are a new fan,Welcome!