• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HHDX staff rank jay z albums
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay has the most diverse catalog as far as order goes you'd be hard pressed to find a order that everybody can agree on with his albums
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just goes to show you that Jay fans hear something else when they listen to his music. Vol. 1 is one of the most boring albums I've heard from a big name. I mean, I don't think AG is a great album, but I can at least see how people like it. The last time I listened to Vol. 1, I spent the whole album wondering how Jay even made it big.

Million questions, streets is watching, friend or foe, imaginary player,where I'm from, lucky me and you must love me

Trying to be as far as I can. Here's how I rate the songs on that album.

Million Questions - 4
    City is Mine - 4
    I Know What Girls Like - 0
    Imaginary Player - 2 (Not terrible, but boring to me)
    Streets is Watching - 3
    Friend or Foe 98 - 3
    Lucky Me - 2 (Again not terrible, but boring to me)
    Sunshine - 1
    Who You Wit - 2
    Face Off - 0
    Real ? - 4.5
    Rap Game/? Game - 3
    Where I'm From - 4.5
    You Must Love Me - 4

It's not like I think there are no good tracks. There is some heat, but there is just as much trash. And even with the songs I gave 3 too, I don't really like them all that much, but I can't say they are bad. It may just be a matter of taste, but that album is forgettable to me.

First human not to like imaginary player
    3n7z94lzsgt1.gif

Honestly, I think Jay Z fans just like to pat each other on the back and boost up the same opinion. Most of the Hip Hop heads I know aren't diehard Jay fans. Some like him and some don't, but they are Jay fans like the people in this topic. And the stuff I'm saying isn't controversial to them. They may not agree with it all, but they get it.

Jay fans just preach to the choir so much that they don't realize there are people that aren't even in the church.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Jake thinks Blueprint 2 is better than Blueprint 1..that is a first.

Jake is ?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Jake thinks Blueprint 2 is better than Blueprint 1..that is a first.

He also has BP3 higher wtf
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jake is tripping
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    270crownst wrote: »
    So where jigga rank on ya all time list after this album..or is he still in the same position where u left him at?

Same place.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    IMAGINARY PLAYER IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE JAY Z RECORDS
    LIKE...TOP 3...NO LIE...

that down south Master P Bout It Bout It ? !!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man 'Legacy' is (my new) that ? ... the way that sample is flipped with them horns and Jay rhyming with a low tone on Blackness

It's so short though :/
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was tryin to find a bootleg of dis album online, but upon giving it a listen via streaming i went ahead and bought the album since i thought it was quality music and definitely top 5 in Jigga's catalog if you ask me.

Guess i'm da only nugga dat liked Kingdom Come too.

i aint no jigga warrior doe, and really Common been making this type of soulful rap for a couple of decades now and if ? had fathers dey father should've peeped a young ? on game on how dis ? up world works. My pops been telling my ass to save money and invest, read, learn my history cuz the public schools ain't gonna teach you everything that needs to be taught to a youngin especially if you black.

I guess Jigga talking to fatherless nuggas, cuz dey sho look like there is a whole bunch of em in rap and in da streets today.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those HHDX muthafuckas are either young, ? or white.
  • slickwatts
    slickwatts Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Those HHDX muthafuckas are either young, ? or white.
    should have made being all three an option

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Those HHDX muthafuckas are either young, ? or and white.

Fixed.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol a lot of people grew up with jay z and jaz on here

He lived and went to highschool in my city. Two of my cousin knew him. One ran with him tough. I heard stories.
    Ibex wrote: »
    Y'all wildin calling this album a classic already. I think because there's so much garbage rap, anytime someone puts out a decent album people lose their mind and hype it more than it should be. This is a GOOD album, a lot of grown man rap, but classic!? FOH...RD,Blueprint, Black Album, AG, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2>>>>4:44

If it's a classic 5 years from now, then it's a classic today. But I understand what you are saying. But I think it's better than Vol 2 and Black album.

nope

Nope what?

better than vol 2 & black album
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He lived and went to highschool in my city. Two of my cousin knew him. One ran with him tough. I heard stories.
    Y'all wildin calling this album a classic already. I think because there's so much garbage rap, anytime someone puts out a decent album people lose their mind and hype it more than it should be. This is a GOOD album, a lot of grown man rap, but classic!? FOH...RD,Blueprint, Black Album, AG, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2>>>>4:44

If it's a classic 5 years from now, then it's a classic today. But I understand what you are saying. But I think it's better than Vol 2 and Black album.

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

4:44> TBA and Vol2. Production and content alone kills both those albums.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

? will fight u about their allegiance to The Black Album
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

nope

Nope what?

You crazy as hell.

? will fight u about their allegiance to The Black Album

Never understood the hype of that album. It had different sounding production. But it wasn't mind blowing. And for a introspective album, it wasn't that deep. Lyrically it was ok. Not his best. And only a few songs were super dope to me. Plus it's nothing he said it'll would be.