its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So he's not being blackballed?

Facts are facts, but keep crying that ? if you want
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I don't live in Boston, so out of all the "facts" I posted which part is bs?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You didn't post 1 fact.

No teams is calling him
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lol so I made all that up? Aight
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Post the articles where teams actually offered him a contract or even a workout
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    There are no details of contract talks out there, never said there was, that's why I'm asking the Kaepernick brigade what his number is, but there are articles of teams calling when free agency first opened and most recently Seattle, you can google it yourself
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    His ppl already said only Seattle reached out to him.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Jets are the only team that should be all in on him at least for 1 year but even then I wouldn't be surprised if they have their eye on a qb in the draft next year, maybe Houston on a 1 year deal (I think he ends up there), any team could use him as a backup but with the facts I have I don't believe he'll even listen if it's average to below average backup qb money
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruce Allen: We never got an offer from Kirk Cousins this year

Posted by Josh Alper on July 17, 2017, 4:17 PM EDT

Getty Images
    The deadline to sign players with franchise tags to multi-year deals has come and gone and Kirk Cousins remains without such a deal for the second straight year.

There were many reports about what each side was looking for over the course of the offseason in terms of both a deal and a future together, but nothing materialized so Cousins is set to play out this year on the tag. That will pay him $23.94 million and Redskins president Bruce Allen used the moment to share the team’s take on how negotiations played out.

Allen, via the team’s twitter, said that Cousins was offered a contract on May 2 that included $53 million in guaranteed money (or, put another way, a little more than $29 million more than he was already guaranteed after signing his tender) at signing and $72 million guaranteed for injury in a deal that “would have made him at least the second highest-paid player by average per year in NFL history.” He then said there was no return from Cousins’ side of the table.

“But despite our repeated attempts, we have not received any offer from Kirk’s agents this year,” Allen wrote. “Kirk has made it clear that he prefers to play on a year-to-year basis. While we would have liked to work out a long-term contract before this season, we accept his decision.”

Allen said the team remains hopeful that they can reach a longer agreement with Cousins after the 2017 season comes to a close, but the failure to do so over the last two years leaves open the possibility that this is going to be Cousins’ final season in Washington. If Cousins takes issue with anything Allen had to say or the choice to say it publicly, it may do more than leave it open as a possibility.

They ? with him too much, and now he's turned the tables. Good for him. Sounds like the contract they offered him was ? though, and wasn't as sweet as Allen makes it sound.

Kirk bout to get some serious bread next year by an team in need of a decent QB; Texans, jaguars, maybe Arizona, 49ers..? the browns might even make a run at him
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    382f3738eb880243b72a86edf89ba4c1.jpg

Damn...kap been serving that ether for about a year str8 now. ? football I respect this dude 10x more now...vick need to sit his ads down somewhere away from a mic preferably
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Is Kaep good enough?? I respect what he's standing for but dudes been consistently trash for 3 years

29 years old coming off a 16 TD 4 INT season. Ya, that usually gets you a roster spot.

Dude is at least a back up...? acting like kap can't show up at browns training camp and win the starting QB job lol
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mister B. wrote: »
    0zv3bzlrk46c.png
    Suckchez

ar6msaqo6fez.png
    Gabbert

d3130t7ugkqc.png
    Assweiler

ut5oc86789lv.png
    Case Keenum

(all these trash QBs got contracts for 2017.)

1urfkia2gav2.png
    Kappa Kap.
    (But he don't get a run)

Would Kap accept a 1 year $900,000 contract? What's his asking price?

Not sure his asking price, but why should he go from a decent starter to one of the lowest paid backups? 900k is too low. As a backup he'd deserve $3 million or more per year

Gabbert is on a 1 year 900k contract, Sanchez and Keenum are both under 3 million, Browns were in a position where they can eat Osweiler's salary and they got a high draft pick in the process so they keep him as a backup, my point is why even bring them up? I don't know the details but odds are he has a number and won't go below it, doubt he would just play for anything

Gabbert (Minn), Sanchez (Chi), and Keenum (Ari) are third string QB's, so they may not even make the team. Osweiller got 18 million Asher playing worse for Denver with much better receivers. He's probably just looking for the pay he deserves. Not getting that is a good example of blackballing since most QB's are overpaid.

Keenum is a backup, Osweiler was a mistake one team made I don't think you should look at his contract and say Kaepernick deserves that at least, especially when we know what Kaepernick is, regardless none of what you posted matters if he was willing to play for 2-3 million he'd have a job, but he didn't opt out of a 14.5 million contract to go do that

Keenum is behind Bridgewater and Bradford. Bridgewater being hurt (and we're not even sure how bad at this point) doesn't change that. Speaking of Bradford, he is getting $18 million this year, and Glennon is getting $14 million. Are they just a mistake one team made too? Or are you just behind the times in what QB's get paid?

If Kaep is a backup he deserves to get over $3/year. But ya, He probably wants to be a starter and paid accordingly. He is as good as Osweiller and Glennon.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mister B. wrote: »
    0zv3bzlrk46c.png
    Suckchez

ar6msaqo6fez.png
    Gabbert

d3130t7ugkqc.png
    Assweiler

ut5oc86789lv.png
    Case Keenum

(all these trash QBs got contracts for 2017.)

1urfkia2gav2.png
    Kappa Kap.
    (But he don't get a run)

Would Kap accept a 1 year $900,000 contract? What's his asking price?

Not sure his asking price, but why should he go from a decent starter to one of the lowest paid backups? 900k is too low. As a backup he'd deserve $3 million or more per year

Gabbert is on a 1 year 900k contract, Sanchez and Keenum are both under 3 million, Browns were in a position where they can eat Osweiler's salary and they got a high draft pick in the process so they keep him as a backup, my point is why even bring them up? I don't know the details but odds are he has a number and won't go below it, doubt he would just play for anything

Gabbert (Minn), Sanchez (Chi), and Keenum (Ari) are third string QB's, so they may not even make the team. Osweiller got 18 million Asher playing worse for Denver with much better receivers. He's probably just looking for the pay he deserves. Not getting that is a good example of blackballing since most QB's are overpaid.

Keenum is a backup, Osweiler was a mistake one team made I don't think you should look at his contract and say Kaepernick deserves that at least, especially when we know what Kaepernick is, regardless none of what you posted matters if he was willing to play for 2-3 million he'd have a job, but he didn't opt out of a 14.5 million contract to go do that

What team offered him that?

Did Carroll just invite him to lunch or did he offer him backup money?

Show me where he offered him a contract.

Lol aight big dog even though it's pretty much common sense I should of threw the word "probably" in there especially since I'M the one that's been asking for the facts, most of y'all are screaming blackball but don't know what the ? you're talking about, this ? is so transparent it's not even funny he restructured his deal a few years ago so he would have the option of opting out this year, he puts together a decent season at best season so he thought it would be a good idea to opt out and cash out and it didn't happen, does the sideshow play a roll with some teams maybe but there's also not a lot of teams in dire need of a quarterback, Houston just got rid of a bad contract why would they give out another one to another half ass quarterback? plus he already said he plans on standing for the anthem next year (not trying to ? up his money) but now his best bet is for a Teddy Bridgewater to happen and a team might meet him halfway, if it was Mike Vick in his prime instead of Kaep he would have a job, there's nothing I'm more sure of in my life

He was going to get cut if he didn't opt out, so the bolded is ? . So actual facts.

Kaep had a decent season, then his team told him quit or get fired (even though he was a fairly cheap starter), and no other team has signed him since then. Also why does a team need to be in dire need to sign a 29 year old QB, that's coming off a decent 2016 season?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Excuses are gonna look even more foolish than they are now once these QBs start getting hurt. If he's not on a roster by the start of October.. ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    O.J. did it again
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    The juice is officially loose...maybe he got a haircut b4 his parole hearing
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been said stafford is overrated

Stafford>>>>Luck

gtfoh
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

True CB

Following the best player all over the field.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    @King_MOEbra yall offer OJ a contract yet?
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

True CB

Following the best player all over the field.

Shots fired....norman, sherman?