Nah Son wrote: »
    5 GOAT rappers to consider before Jay-Z
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Yes Jay-Z has many achievements in his career along with awards and album sales. But to be considered GOAT ask yourself this question is his music better than the ones listed above? Is he as influential? Has he made a bigger impact? In my honest opinion no. Is he one of the greatest? yes.

nahh @ LL. He a legend but no GOAT contestant to me. Had a spark in the eighties and a nice comeback album and that was it. Been livin off his name for like twenty years

mfs clickin on wack and nosign as expected but wont bring up facts

aight name a memorable LL song in this century yall

and Accidental Racist dont count

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

Hits, but none them ? was any good.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    270crownst wrote: »
    50 don't have a diamond album..get rich or die trying haven't reach 9 mill yet...

What jay z cd is diamond? His highest sale is 5mill… facts

True Jay aint never had one of these GRODT-Diamond.jpg

Neither does any of them..
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas

5. 2pac

So what's your point.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    50 don't have a diamond album..get rich or die trying haven't reach 9 mill yet...

1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas

5. 2pac

So what's your point.

I wasnt the one who brought up diamond plaques so scroll back
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    No
    Speaking of LL, how many rappers you know could do a 3 vs 1 battle rap? Jaz, Jay-z and Sauce Money vs LL Cool J?
    https://youtu.be/eW32jcsV5sE
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas

5. 2pac

So what's your point.

Nah...let him cook
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Yes Jay-Z has many achievements in his career along with awards and album sales. But to be considered GOAT ask yourself this question is his music better than the ones listed above? Is he as influential? Has he made a bigger impact? In my honest opinion no. Is he one of the greatest? yes.

nahh @ LL. He a legend but no GOAT contestant to me. Had a spark in the eighties and a nice comeback album and that was it. Been livin off his name for like twenty years

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

Also this joint with J.Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeSJ2YdhG5k
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Imo yes.

If u look at Hov he's perhaps the most well rounded Mc in the history of hip hop.

Flow, lyrically, storytelling etc.

Lyrically sure some rappers might rate higher (Nas, Gza, etc) but Jay has them on Flow etc this goes for different categories .

21 years since his debut album and about 19yrs at the top without lookin back ain't a Easy feat.

And doing it in one of the most fickle genres of music like Rap.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    5 Grand wrote: »
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

Forgot about this gem! gonna sing this ? to my girl tonight, ? it I'm just gonna perform a full LL concert for her that man has too many smooth joints for the ladies we will be up all night, Jay on the other hand has zero tracks to serenade the ladies with how the ? can people even consider him top 10?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

Forgot about this gem! gonna sing this ? to my girl tonight, ? it I'm just gonna perform a full LL concert for her that man has too many smooth joints for the ladies we will be up all night, Jay on the other hand has zero tracks to serenade the ladies with how the ? can people even consider him top 10?

I wouldn't go that far. Off the top Me And My Girlfriend was a cool track for the ladies.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

So we basing our top 10s on how many "tracks to serenade the ladies" these rappers got lmao you the best and worst troll ever bruh
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

Well thats not completely true. He did have Excuse me miss and frontin' both with Pharell
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    so let me get this straight..

say yall ? have a son..
    he aspires to be a rapper..

u go give that ? a Nas tape.. or a Big tape and say "be like him.."

point to a Jay tape and shake ur head no in disgust..
    "whatever u do son.. never be like Jay!"

hahahaha..

Gunna hand him a Distant Relatives tape

Also, I'm seeing a lot of people saying how Jay had a HUGE impact and contribution to hiphop, but i dont think i saw anyone say what they were. If you're going to list stuff that happened in the last few years please, don't bother. I say that because there are so many news a blog outlets now that will report anything in the hopes of click bait.

I have a feeling some of you are using those word too lightly like its easily accomplished.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

If you need a song to get you some ? , you wasn't getting none anyway.

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

I wouldn't go that far. Off the top Me And My Girlfriend was a cool track for the ladies.

A song he stole from Tupac.

EDIT - sorry I meant paid homage to.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

Well thats not completely true. He did have Excuse me miss and frontin' both with Pharell

I'll tell you the one the women loved that I knew about "girls girls girls". "I met an African chick with Eddie Murphy on the skull..." Dude just got too many hits...and is still doing it making hits.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    so let me get this straight..

say yall ? have a son..
    he aspires to be a rapper..

u go give that ? a Nas tape.. or a Big tape and say "be like him.."

point to a Jay tape and shake ur head no in disgust..
    "whatever u do son.. never be like Jay!"

hahahaha..

Gunna hand him a Distant Relatives tape

Also, I'm seeing a lot of people saying how Jay had a HUGE impact and contribution to hiphop, but i dont think i saw anyone say what they were. If you're going to list stuff that happened in the last few years please, don't bother. I say that because there are so many news a blog outlets now that will report anything in the hopes of click bait.

I have a feeling some of you are using those word too lightly like its easily accomplished.

Jay had no impact his entire career was outsmarting not relivency he always grasp to whatever was hot at the moment and jump on to the next b4 the In got out I give em credit on at… but how's he the goat when all his biggest singles had futures? His highest selling cd was a future compilation cd he had 2 songs by himself non of which made the singles 5x plat…post a jay z hit wit no feature or sample…
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    No
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas
    5. 2pac

Love u better
    Paradise
    Headsprung
    Hush
    Control myself

All hits in this century

If you need a song to get you some ? , you wasn't getting none anyway.

He ment 2 say jay ain't got no soulful category except 4 couple songs … song cry,must love me,soon you'll understand … that's were it ends
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    No

1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas

5. 2pac

So what's your point.

Pac is diamond
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jay the GROAT cause he's the only one doing it at such a high level and remained in the lime light. Ya rakim and nas top level but they names aint making poppin like that
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    What should we take out of IC polls?
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Before 444 nas was holding the GOAT crown but jay just opened this ? up for debate.
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    No
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Jay the GROAT cause he's the only one doing it at such a high level and remained in the lime light. Ya rakim and nas top level but they names aint making poppin like that

Nas & rakim also ain't sell out… diddy an jay z killed ny hiphop not the south let's be realistic now jay killed ny hiphop so he can stand out that's why he never signed nobody from ny that's why he ain't participate in the roc a fella freestyles he was always scare to get outshines an got mad when cam was becoming bigger
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    No

1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas

5. 2pac

So what's your point.

Pac is diamond

Which is why he wasn't highlighted you dumb ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options