• bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    270crownst wrote: »
    50 don't have a diamond album..get rich or die trying haven't reach 9 mill yet...

What jay z cd is diamond? His highest sale is 5mill… facts

True Jay aint never had one of these GRODT-Diamond.jpg

Neither does any of them..
    5 GOAT rappers to consider before Jay-Z
    1.Rakim
    2.Scarface
    3. LL Cool J
    4. Nas

5. 2pac

So what's your point.

Pac is diamond

Which is why he wasn't highlighted you dumb ? .

Remove em frm tha list period tf wrong wit you
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    bears2248 wrote: »
    fqhnjptww8gf.png

Betta tell em. Jigga aint even the best out of NY
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Jay the GROAT cause he's the only one doing it at such a high level and remained in the lime light. Ya rakim and nas top level but they names aint making poppin like that

Nas & rakim also ain't sell out… diddy an jay z killed ny hiphop not the south let's be realistic now jay killed ny hiphop so he can stand out that's why he never signed nobody from ny that's why he ain't participate in the roc a fella freestyles he was always scare to get outshines an got mad when cam was becoming bigger

All i hear is a ? mad cause hov knows how to make music for a larger fan base and still keep his skill level on the mic up. Even hovs weak verses be better than half this ? out now
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    This ? is still going on? It's 69 votes no vs 37 votes yes

It's pretty one sided with almost double as no...let the thread die...questions been answered
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat, I thougjt Jay-z was a camel.

Bars.... =)
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    When i judge a rapper i just technical abilities, catalog, and impact. I think he check the box more than any other rapper imo. To me Jay and Dre got the strongest lineage in rap as far as who they put on or influenced.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This has been hilarious
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    bck145 wrote: »
    This ? is still going on? It's 69 votes no vs 37 votes yes

It's pretty one sided with almost double as no...let the thread die...questions been answered

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    When i judge a rapper i just technical abilities, catalog, and impact. I think he check the box more than any other rapper imo. To me Jay and Dre got the strongest lineage in rap as far as who they put on or influenced.

Who did jay put on?
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

The only person Jay really most definitely put on was Bleek, Source Money and Cole. And only one of them had a good career. Everybody else it was Dame. Jay didn't discover Jeezy, or Ross. Nas put Cormega, Nature, Natshawn, AZ , Wiz and Jungle,Quan and the first to work with Ameri. And lets not forget Dave East.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone in the 4:44 thread mentioned how Jay was never the best rapper at anytime during his career, I brushed it off and then gave it some serious thought and it was a somewhat valid point. I don't think jay is the best rapper or even top 3, however he has been the most consistent and had the most longevity of any artist dead or alive.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put it this way, biggie made jay-z seem average and jay was and obviously still is an excellent rapper. To me, biggie was the best rapper that ever lived, but 2pac was my favorite, mostly due to content and the way he delivered his vocals.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Some one lock this

Instant fof
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Put it this way, biggie made jay-z seem average and jay was and obviously still is an excellent rapper. To me, biggie was the best rapper that ever lived, but 2pac was my favorite, mostly due to content and the way he delivered his vocals.

On what track?

BIG sounded like a clown on both records Jigga featured on

"get it...2...Pacs"

FOH
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Yes

Who did jay put on?

Beans
    Ye
    Just Blaze
    Lupe
    Cole
    Ross
    Etc
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Yes

The only person Jay really most definitely put on was Bleek, Source Money and Cole. And only one of them had a good career. Everybody else it was Dame. Jay didn't discover Jeezy, or Ross. Nas put Cormega, Nature, Natshawn, AZ , Wiz and Jungle,Quan and the first to work with Ameri. And lets not forget Dave East.

Ross himself said Jay and LA Reid put him on.
  • SleazyBear
    SleazyBear Members Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes
    It's gotta be Jay. I haven't even listened to 4:44 yet, but the man puts out great/amazing albums.....with the exception of Kingdom Come and Vol. 2 (a few good songs but nothing special honestly but I know I am in the minority on that one).
    And based on what I am hearing about the new album, old man is still going.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Ross himself said Jay and LA Reid put him on.

Ross had a deal with Slip n Slid first. I believe Bleek brought him to their attention. Jay didn't get on a Ross record and make it hot as a first single. And he didn't feature Ross on his record to introduce him to the public. Ross made himself a star with hard work.

Who did jay put on?

Beans
    Ye
    Just Blaze
    Lupe
    Cole
    Ross
    Etc

Just Blaze is a producer. That ? don't count. Plus he did records with other rapper before Jay. Kanye brought Lupe out to the world on Touch the sky. But Lupe had a deal already to be honest. Jay didn't put him on either. Dame put Ye on not Jay. Jay had nothing to do with that album. But he did put on Ja Rule.

Put on mean to break the artist to the world or the first to sign them right?