Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at ppl giving 100 ppl credit for putting on Jay but when it come to Jay putting somebody on he gotta be the only one putting that person on outside of they momma smh

Do you know what putting on means? You put that person in the game by putting the spot light on them for the first time. Or discovering and signing the artist. Ja had videos out as a group member, but Jay put him on as a solo artist. Same as Bleek Source Money and Beenie. The other people that was named he didn't put on.

So who put Jay on??? Let's see how this answer works becuz ppl make it out like 10 ppl are responsible for Jay career but ? wanna act like even when rappers say Jay helped put em on or get them their deal that actually put them in the spot light they lying or something

Jaz o,Mary j,big,dame,Biggs,kalvin,amarie,

Jaz O - yeah

MJB and Big were on HIS album

Dame and Biggs were his business partners

Who the ? Kalvin and Amarie

Mjb had a name
    Put a famous ? on a hook now you sold millions-nas

Big had a name
    1st album no famous guest appearance- nas

Dame n biggs were not his partners they were his bosses

Kelvin & amarie were his partners who funded the so call interview were Dame said jay started comin arnd wit money givin em his image

Dame and biggs was his partners you ? . They all owned rocafella. Which is why Jay was able to sell his portion back to def jam and get the others to do as well. Could Kendrick make dre sell aftermath? Stop acting like you know everything in here. You don't know, ask

Dame n Biggs were originally his boss it wasn't up till vol1 jay became a partner when they got the deffjam deal… an Kendrick did not start wit dre or dre wit Kendrick goofy bao… I'm here stating facts!

Kys white suburban boy

you not frm a borough boy … I stay sonin you an that's your respond … wouldn't no white suburban kno wat I kno… drop that Ig name @ I dropped mine b4 check fa yo self who's white goofy yankee
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ppl giving 100 ppl credit for putting on Jay but when it come to Jay putting somebody on he gotta be the only one putting that person on outside of they momma smh

Do you know what putting on means? You put that person in the game by putting the spot light on them for the first time. Or discovering and signing the artist. Ja had videos out as a group member, but Jay put him on as a solo artist. Same as Bleek Source Money and Beenie. The other people that was named he didn't put on.

So who put Jay on??? Let's see how this answer works becuz ppl make it out like 10 ppl are responsible for Jay career but ? wanna act like even when rappers say Jay helped put em on or get them their deal that actually put them in the spot light they lying or something

Jaz O - yeah

Mjb had a name

Big had a name

Kelvin & amarie were his partners who funded the so call interview were Dame said jay started comin arnd wit money givin em his image

Dame and biggs was his partners you ? . They all owned rocafella. Which is why Jay was able to sell his portion back to def jam and get the others to do as well. Could Kendrick make dre sell aftermath? Stop acting like you know everything in here. You don't know, ask

Dame n Biggs were originally his boss it wasn't up till vol1 jay became a partner when they got the deffjam deal… an Kendrick did not start wit dre or dre wit Kendrick goofy bao… I'm here stating facts!

Kys white suburban boy

you not frm a borough boy … I stay sonin you an that's your respond … wouldn't no white suburban kno wat I kno… drop that Ig name @ I dropped mine b4 check fa yo self who's white goofy yankee

87b72jfzd0ah.jpg
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the Bronx isn't a borough?
  • trendsetta1030
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

• trendsetta1030
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
  • trendsetta1030
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    5 Grand wrote: »

Jaz O - yeah

Mjb had a name

Big had a name

Kys white suburban boy

87b72jfzd0ah.jpg

• trendsetta1030
    Options
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After this -he's the goat!

(let go your ego) over your right shoulder.. your left is saying finish your (breakfast).. you (egged) Solange on knowing all along, all u had to say was you wrong the wordplay is crazy
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    OK I think it's time to lock
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    Blueprint gave him the shine if you ask Kanye he will tell you.
    Nobody was checking on Kanye and just blaze till they did the blueprint.
    Jay was executive producer on lupes first Album

I think it's a little weird to say Jay put a producer on though. After all, Blueprint is only classic material because of the production, so it was less "Jay putting Ye on" and more "Jay picking the best production for his album which happened to come from Ye." Kanye even spoke on it a while ago, how he would make beats that weren't even intended for Jay, but Jay would hear them and insist they be on his album. I guess my point is that good producers will blow up regardless. They don't need particular rappers to put them on.

kanye was Kanye,a talented producer but once that jayz cosign came every thing changed for him. Kanye said it himself so I don't understand why you guys disputing it...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

I think it's a little weird to say Jay put a producer on though. After all, Blueprint is only classic material because of the production, so it was less "Jay putting Ye on" and more "Jay picking the best production for his album which happened to come from Ye." Kanye even spoke on it a while ago, how he would make beats that weren't even intended for Jay, but Jay would hear them and insist they be on his album. I guess my point is that good producers will blow up regardless. They don't need particular rappers to put them on.

kanye was Kanye,a talented producer but once that jayz cosign came every thing changed for him. Kanye said it himself so I don't understand why you guys disputing it...

Because literally any rapper with a name could have led to Kanye blowing up. Producers can make rappers hot, but rappers can't do ? for producers. Nobody's disputing the fact that producing for Jay jumpstarted Kanye's career. We're saying that there was nothing special about Jay's endorsement. People liked Kanye because his beats are fire, and they would have been fire with or without Jay.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not serious, right?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Yep, 100%. Put some trash ass beats on there with the same exact lyrics, and tell me there will still be a consensus that it's a classic album.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    BIG IS THE GOAT

CS

BIG is the GOAT

all u need.. he felt that ? , he is the embodiment of hip hop..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rYC0Ohqih4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbwdAOogBw
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    So u saying jay the greatest cuz he,ain't die early and got super popular after marrying Beyonce ? that he ain't better than Pac nas or big. Just more popular to sheep
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i jus wanna know what rapper has done more in and for hiphop than JayZ..

since we talkin about GREAT..
    and im not askin who's better.. cause Jay aint even my favorite rapper..

Pac
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    i jus wanna know what rapper has done more in and for hiphop than JayZ..

since we talkin about GREAT..
    and im not askin who's better.. cause Jay aint even my favorite rapper..

Pac

Nosign.

Pac didn't really do anything for Hip Hop. If anything he was a negative influence.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Why do y'all give dead rappers (Pac, Big, Big L,etc) and people who don't put out music (3000, Lauryn Hill, Jay E, etc) the benefit of the Doubt. While ? like Nas, Jay, Face,etc consistently put out great music and survived all the changing trends in rap. ? got to die for respect. Y'all don't know if Pac and Big would of fell off.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Wit out ye bp woulda jus been black album fill wit just blaze an timbo productions b4 tha black album

This makes no ? sense what so ever
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    No

Yep, 100%. Put some trash ass beats on there with the same exact lyrics, and tell me there will still be a consensus that it's a classic album.

Right!… vol1>bp
    Tha beats carried bp

usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why do y'all give dead rappers (Pac, Big, Big L,etc) and people who don't put out music (3000, Lauryn Hill, Jay E, etc) the benefit of the Doubt. While ? like Nas, Jay, Face,etc consistently put out great music and survived all the changing trends in rap. ? got to die for respect. Y'all don't know if Pac and Big would of fell off.

Quality over quantity it took jay it took jay 13 albums in yo even be consider an elite wit PAC

Wit out ye bp woulda jus been black album fill wit just blaze an timbo productions b4 tha black album

Kanye made the bp hot his beats carried that album if it weren't 4 kanye the blue print would of ended up becoming the black album befor the black album was recorded
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Kanye made the bp hot his beats carried that album if it weren't 4 kanye the blue print would of ended up becoming the black album befor the black album was recorded

Kanye only produced 1 track more than Just Blaze on BP (4 to 3)

• trendsetta1030
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No

Kanye only produced 1 track more than Just Blaze on BP (4 to 3)

Take over
    Izzo
    It's no love
    Never change
    Girls girls pt2>>> just blaze production
    And
    Vol1>bp
    Facts!
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right!… vol1>bp
    Tha beats carried bp

Quality over quantity it took jay it took jay 13 albums in yo even be consider an elite wit PAC

You go outta your way to discredit everything Jay does and that ? reeks of you being an envious ? . Jay has had more than his fair share of missteps in his musical career, but overall, the ? is an essential component of the genre and a top 5 rapper. Period.

You're definitely a white boy/other type muthafucka that thinks he knows hip-hop, when in reality, you don't know a ? thing. Foh.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Please lock this
  • trendsetta1030
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No
    Like Water wrote: »

Right!… vol1>bp
    Tha beats carried bp

You go outta your way to discredit everything Jay does and that ? reeks of you being an envious ? . Jay has had more than his fair share of missteps in his musical career, but overall, the ? is an essential component of the genre and a top 5 rapper. Period.

You're definitely a white boy/other type muthafucka that thinks he knows hip-hop, when in reality, you don't know a ? thing. Foh.

Vol1-bp1
    I was rockin wit jay…
    Spades a spades bra jay not that n!gga specially when he ain't want it wit kiss… he sent state prop on nas,d block,dipset facts!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=sFsO7tmfT_s

Plus beans outshines jay in almost all they songs
    An compare 2 beans you wack-nas