What was it like when u were broke/lowest?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    HafBayked wrote: »
    5 pages in and nobody ever ? in a bucket wit a grocery bag before huh....

Trying+not+to+cry+according+to+steve+a+couple+gave_713552_5129230.gif

thats good.....thats real good

I'm in here looking for stories of people not having electricity, being homeless, with gram allowances. It's fortunate things didnt reach that level for yall, but these "lows" ain't that bad so far.

cant tell if you joking or not but no lies were told here....you may not have seen my first post

no running water, up night and day trying to hustle, had to do what I had to do a few times

sure there's people in worse conditions everywhere...but that was pretty ? low

man the ? in a bucket is WOAT!

growing up had some folk down the block that had it that bad and late at night u would see the Grandfather or oldest daughter come out with a bucket make sure nobody was around walk to the corner and dump whatever was in it into a sewer would then turn around open the fire hydrant on blast wash off the bucket and let the hydrant run for a good dumping into the sewer she just dumped her bucket into.

i would just ask myself like yo these ? really shittin and ? in the same bucket and letting it sit there until nobody is watching thats all the way nasty. i would hold my breath walking by that house

I never would use that hydrant in the summer time would always use the other one on the other end of the block.

damn smh....couldnt imagine a whole family living like that....but ? is real tho

I think most people in here laughed it off as a joke or like nobody ever has it that bad

Not calling anyone a liar, just saying these low folks had don't sound that bad. Not compared to what I, and others I know, have experienced.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Most of my brokest moments were when I was young.

As an adult though, got paid every 2 weeks and usually the last week was ramen noodles, hot dogs, and a loaf of bread. Store used to have a 30 pack of Oscar Myers hot dogs for $5.

Those were much simpler, and almost more happy times.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm here now, tell yall how it ended it when it's over. Thank ? I hopped in the Army for a little bit. Waiting for my DD-214 to come in the mail now like:

<rs3ve3oj4har.gif

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I'm here now, tell yall how it ended it when it's over. Thank ? I hopped in the Army for a little bit. Waiting for my DD-214 to come in the mail now like:

<rs3ve3oj4har.gif

I tbought u were security?

U just chilln? Get a ? with $$
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »

<rs3ve3oj4har.gif

I tbought u were security?

U just chilln? Get a ? with $$

Nah, not anymore. Finna put these army benefits to use and go to school. Just waiting for the paperwork. ? aint ? .
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a kid I couldn't really control my struggle and ? I was a kid I didn't give a ? as long as I ate and was able to go play.

Got older and at one point all I had was coffee and cigarettes. Sat up the whole night and became a savage by daybreak.

Refused to let myself get that low again by any means. Rob ? from the other side and sell it to ? around the way. Watch em play the blame game and war with each other then come through and salvage the remains for my personal gain. Did that ? for a couple years until I got with a ? that put me on legal work.

Not being able to control my struggle as a child made me never allow myself to struggle as an adult. ? might burn in hell but until then Ima get it by any means.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    So while i was at work bored.. i started day dreaming and thought about how there was time when i got fired from my job...spent all my $$ on rent,bills etc.. and barely had anything left

So i went to my car and looked under the seat for change (i always dropped change) and than i went to jack n da box n got those 2 tacos for $1.06 and a 99 cent arizona

You ever had a nap for dinner?

full?d=1418103979

Never had a nap for dinner. That's a good line.
    Basically when I've been at my lowest I'll be real and say suicide crossed my mind hard and retaliation got a lot easier when anyone said ? I didn't like. At my lowest financially I'm extremely anti-social and get very aggressive to the point of mania to focusing on nothing but getting a job or improving my financial situation. I'll cut almost everything else out. At my lowest emotionally I usually turn to ? , depression, myself and wait. I also sleep a ton more when I'm feeling bad. I mean like 17 hour comas. Emotional lows are the hardest for me when they come. Those have the biggest impact on my memory
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The lowest that I've ever been mentally was losing my sister. Another messed up part about it is that I lost her on my birthday. I'm usually mentally strong & can deal with a lot of pressure but that is hardest hit that I ever been hit. So mentally stressful that I had to dip out of town to this woman's spot to clear my head for a couple of days
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    When u broke at ur lowest it puts everything in perspective.... ie who really cares about who are u real friends etc...

So true. Had a Mexican home girl that used to come through and dome a ? every week. Kept a man's spirits up in dark times
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    When u broke at ur lowest it puts everything in perspective.... ie who really cares about who are u real friends etc...

When you are at your lowest period. I am experiencing it now. Friends has been calling me to check up on me; even random people (that don't me) in the street has been showing love by coming up to me & asking about my sister & everything. Although, a lot of friends came through but you'll still be surprise, people you never came across will come & support at your time of need.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you get to the point where you KNOW aight, this can't get no worse, it's liberating. I know it's cliche, but take it one day at a time, the bounce back be real.
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like sharing this- so during my youth the electrical bill wouldnt get paid, and during the summer it was the worst. I told my parents the apartment next door had power, we got a really long extension cord and i ran it from next door to our apartment...it went from the apt next door, to outside, then into our patio, then up the stairs to a power strip for the computer, tv, and fan...i would unplug and remove the cord every morning before the maintenance crew arrived- so we only had power from 6p-6am for a few dayz....i have alwayz had 2 jobs, and ironically i don't like lights on, i don't like noise when i sleep, candles are therapeutic to me, also i gota have a fan on to sleep...my box fan is on the floor even though i have central air lol