New AllHipHop.com

Options

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Consider when news of Usher dirt herp broke. I say it in Adhd before I saw the thread in G&S.

Posters have this feeling that when you make a thread you have to babysit it which is why they don't make threads but that's far from the truth
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    They don't make threads because they are afraid that it will flop and it's an ego thing

So make a few posts about a topic in a thread full of whatever is a safer move

Y'all want changes so here they are. Greg , Jay , others are asking for feedback before it's official. If y'all complain at least have a suggestion of what can they do better.
  • JoshuaMoshua
    JoshuaMoshua Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

It might work well in the donkey but again, imagine having to sift through a ? ton of deadeye or conflict quick posts of them talking to themselves smh. Mods would have to be on their ? , but we already know them mfs aint gonna do their jobs, that's a big problem yall aren't addressing here. Way too many threads in GnS for example that have one, maybe two replies and they fill up a whole page of threads......
    ]
    name namnes pleighboi
    lmao Idk yall all by name so I'll point out the sections where thread/comment spam is the worst:

GnS and Donkey

As I mentioned, GnS has way too many threads where there's 1 or 2 comments that fill up a whole page of threads. The adhd thread in Donkey literally has posters filling up whole pages simply talking themselves. It's countless times where I see "40 new posts" only to find out 30 of them ? are deadeye posting morbidly obese broads. That ? would never happen if mods weren't slacking.

Bruh, that's the whole purpose of that thread so ppl don't do the ? in threads that actually have content to it smh

I have a genius idea here......how about banning posters that do nothing but ? post? How hard is that?

That's a lazy approach to modding, you wouldn't treat an infected leg by tying it off with a belt would you? No, you'd either cut it off or try to eliminate the infection.
    Adhd was literally designed for ? posters so banning them for contributing to the thread designed for them is dumb

INSTEAD, how about moving other post to their desired sections. One shouldn't have to go thru 10 pages for sports talk, music talk, random BAB's, and the such when there are threads existing for that

I made Westie a Card reading thread and that did numbers. And cleared up ADHD for the real random ?

Bruh, there's ? posting and then there's spam. Nothing wrong with trying to be funny/goofy but when it's nothing but one poster posting fat broads or talking to themselves for a whole page something is obviously wrong with the approach to modding.
    But that's the place for it.

You should really be in ADHD for random stuff imo. Like spamming ? 's be having whole 10 pg, 3 day conversations that could have been it's on thread

It's been said before, but it was one of the first real blows to this sites demise

Again, I have no problem with moving comments to make threads, it's worked wonders on the ablackweb. What I'm talking about is the lazy approach to mods take to dealing with spam/useless content. I've gone over it too many times to repeat it at this point. So it is what it is.

This forum is the florida of internet forums, all the trash, toxins, and ? has festered into the site that we know today, only difference is florida actually has a sizeable amount of women, which this site lacks. It's a farcry from what it was originally. This site is washed and lazy mods aren't helping.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i think Joshua dont like the current IC ya'll lol

Or he's got beef with @Black_Samson cause that's his baby
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ADHD thread is the perfect example as to why we need this new forum the way it's being presented...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ADHD thread is dumb

Bunch of random comments

Its just a twitter feed
  • JoshuaMoshua
    Options

It's very telling that the only reply you have to criticism is faggotry.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    There ya go. ? again.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we have this discussion every quarter lol

the ADHD thread in its original intent was the help threads from being derailed by useless chatter/spam, etc...

they moved it to donkey because...not sure

the problem now is when a topic starts to be more than a couple of pages in the ADHD thread, the discussion stays there instead of being broken out into a separate thread where it can generate traffic on its own
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will the mobile format we're using right now still be available or will everything be ported over to the new format?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S. @MsSouthern Got some nice ?

Pics?
  • AP21
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Will the mobile format we're using right now still be available or will everything be ported over to the new format?

the new site will have a new mobile version iirc
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

the new site will have a new mobile version iirc

Well will it be similar to this one? If that ? it cluttered and all spaced out with ads then we're gonna have a problem. I finally got used to this one.
    Fuuuuuucccccckkkkkk
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf happen to the simple, good ol vbulletin days
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

That thread is his baby smart guy
  • JoshuaMoshua
    Options

That thread is his baby smart guy
    neil-degrasse-tyson-589faf8bd74108533f6502d4-g.gif

Oh my, excuse for me for not knowing some obscure fact
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tell stringer Bell stop with all them pro black threads in GNS lol

But this transition won't be smooth

I appreciate the proactive approach but getting the remnants of this site to get on board will be hard. Like for example, all of y'all who frequent donkey and GNS feel the forum revolves around these two areas. And that's true for the most part but I feel decisions are made with those two subforums in mind.

For the ones who stay in GNS and Donkey how often do you leave those two places? There's probably 50-100 posters y'all aren't even aware of and those are the ones that you might not consider in the new IC

I mean look at this thread it's sticked only in GNS

All in all I'm saying dont forget everybody else
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going to miss the LCA Forum. This ? is depressing.

This is like when a 40 year old rapper makes a song that sounds like todays mumble rap.
  • Beta
    Options
    Oh yeah for the guys in the know when is the new ? launching officially?
  • AP21
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Oh yeah for the guys in the know when is the new ? launching officially?

we'll get back to you about this
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lol everybody know ? but nobody know ?

People wanna know how long they have left to live you feel me? Gotta give ppl flowers while they can still smell em'

But I'll make a new account and peruse the new place in a few and come back with suggestions maybe

Oh yeah Goldie rubbing his hands like birdman
  • Beta
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Im going to miss the LCA Forum. This ? is depressing.

This is like when a 40 year old rapper makes a song that sounds like todays mumble rap.

That DC thread gonna be gone fam

That random facts thread...gone
This discussion has been closed.