White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lee-zeldin-defends-trump-both-sides-charlottesville
    GOP Rep. Defends Trump For Blaming ‘Both Sides’ In Charlottesville

After President Donald Trump on Tuesday placed some blame on the “alt-left” for the violence in Charlottesville over the weekend, effectively undoing his previous statement condemning white nationalists, at least one Republican member of Congress jumped to the President’s defense.

In a Tuesday Facebook post, Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) said that Trump was right to call out liberals and said that the so-called antifa, short for anti-fascists, were as violent as those on the “alt right” that were protesting the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue.

“Antifa bused in criminals with bats and pepper spray for the purpose of committing acts of violence targeting anyone who was part of the protest against Charlottesville bringing down the statue of Robert E. Lee, whether associated with the KKK or ? or neither,” Zeldin wrote. “In the words of New York Times reporter Sheryl ? Stolberg, the ‘hard left’ was just at violent at the protest as the ‘alt right’.”

Zeldin did condemn “anyone associating themselves with the KKK and ? ” and argued that Trump also “repeatedly” condemned those groups. He also said that the “hard left” and the “alt right” are “not equal,” but he again defended Trump for placing blame on both sides.

“I would add though that it is not right to suggest that President Trump is wrong for acknowledging the fact that criminals on both sides showed up for the purpose of being violent. That particular observation is completely true,” Zeldin argued.

“There is an element of our country that has pledged to resist, oppose, and obstruct this President entirely on absolutely everything and anything and to this population the President cannot say or do absolutely anything at all that they won’t criticize as long as he is in the office he was elected to serve in last November,” he added.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/baltimore-confederate-monuments-removed
    Confederate Monuments In Baltimore Quietly Removed Overnight

BALTIMORE (AP) — Confederate monuments in Baltimore were quietly removed and hauled away on trucks in darkness early Wednesday, days after a violent white nationalist rally in Virginia that was sparked by plans to take down a similar statue there.

Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh told The Baltimore Sun that crews began removing the city’s four Confederate monuments late Tuesday and finished around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday.

“It’s done,” Pugh told the newspaper. “They needed to come down. My concern is for the safety and security of our people. We moved as quickly as we could.”

Video taken by WBAL-TV shows workers using a crane to lift the towering monument to Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson onto a flatbed truck in the dark.

Pugh said Monday that she had contacted two contractors about removing the monuments, but declined to say when they would come down, saying she wanted to prevent the kind of violence seen in Charlottesville, Virginia. Pugh said at the time that she wants the statues to be placed in Confederate cemeteries elsewhere in Maryland.

A commission appointed by the previous mayor recommended removing a monument to Marylander Roger B. Taney, the Supreme Court justice who wrote the Dred Scott decision denying citizenship to African-Americans, as well as a statue of two Virginians — the Confederate generals Lee and Jackson.

Instead, former Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake put up signs calling them propaganda designed to falsify history and support racial intimidation.

Baltimore’s swift removal of the monuments comes days after what is believed to be the largest gathering of white supremacists in a decade — including neo-Nazis, skinheads and Ku Klux ? members. They descended on Charlottesville for a rally prompted by the city’s decision to remove a monument to Lee.

Violent clashes broke out between white nationalists and counterprotesters and a woman was killed when a car plowed into a crowd of people who were there to condemn the white nationalists.

A memorial service for 32-year-old Heather Heyer is scheduled Wednesday morning at a downtown Charlottesville theater.

0vurb3idvdtu.gif
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    o80fu8nyqbd2.jpg

BALTIMORE —

It appears Baltimore's Confederate four monuments are coming down faster than previously thought.
    Baltimore's mayor and City Council members differed over how to remove the city's four Confederate monuments, but crews were seen early Wednesday removing statues.

About a dozen city crews and private contractors were seen in Wyman Park, removing the Lee and Jackson Monument. Crews started getting ready around midnight Tuesday. By 3 a.m., a crane hoisted the monument from its pedestal. By 3:45 a.m., the monument was transferred to a flatbed truck

Good.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oppressed people are being blamed for the consequences of resisting their oppression because oppressors have legal permission to oppress

Who did you steal this from? I know you didn't come up with this on your own

Lmao.

Ima steal it from him.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oppressed people are being blamed for the consequences of resisting their oppression because oppressors have legal permission to oppress

Amos wilson????
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I guess what @CapitalB is tryna say is America cannot and never will become this promised land of little or no racism towards Black people (the crux being Black people were initially brought over to America via force and violence)... so in essence Black people or anyone of African descent who calls America a home have to do and live for self (mentally, socially and more importantly economically)

It's a crying shame that after eight years of a Black man's presidency you witness ? like this. There's always gonna be deep seated hatred by CACs ... towards Negroes. It's the American Way

The other part that the media ignore is every white person benefited from the 500 year head start of slavery then Jim crow.... they don't wanna acknowledge it. It's like when a ? cheat of his girl... we will ignore and deflect all day to not have a real discussion on it and if she still want u the relationship goes on... if u don't admit it ain't happen. They wanna,be able to live their cracka life with their ? privilege and not have to feel guilty about it
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stay woke people we got four more years of this

ppl worried about north korea ? be worried bout your next door neighbor
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    BUN B !!

Look like a black man harassing a white...i defend hate so much kus im a hater an i think thought in america we could hate..sometimes hate is all a person has imaginary enemies is all we got..
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    When i spoke of sensationalism and examples i was just clarifying my intial post

OK, cool.
    Trump is no Hilter...

Yes.
    But i dont think the ? Germany parallels drawn are all that ridiculous either

Eh, well, we might disagree on that.
    Considering Trumps openly hostile relations with the media; his record of blaming foreigners and minorities for taking away jobs and killing Americans; and Trump using his social media account and white house officials to spread "alternative facts" aka propaganda

Eh, I agree and disagree. Trump used propaganda and scapegoats? Word? Yeah, that sounds like ? , but it also sounds like a typical politician to me.

When I think of ? , I think of more definitive characteristics like genocide and the gestapo. But again, I can agree. (White) nationalism is a very strong connection between the two.
    Tactics similar to those used most famously by Hilter to control the narrative

And as mentioned before, also used by many infamous politicians as well, some of them anti-? .

Typical politicians?

I dunno about that

Sure politicians are quick to twist and manipulate the facts for their own gain

But what trump is doing as an american president is close to being unprecedented

For example he banned certain media outlets including the NY Times from white house press conferences which has never been down before in modern history

Cool, we agree White nationalism is a very strong connection between the two

That said, i still stand by my position
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/_GxQR6ssap4

...Comments from an Australian...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stay woke people we got four more years of this

ppl worried about north korea ? be worried bout your next door neighbor

4 more year huh.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump wasn't even at Heather's memorial service ,he is ? trash.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20882070_1493441937388293_2584386221878087373_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=08d9314dfd74ebff9d828bb3a3108101&oe=5A2B9C95[/img]

not funny....

a wife giving her ass to a black dude for a moment distracts him from fighting for his family.

the white dudes y'all happy she cheating on...is out securing his privilege for future generations.

yes..haha...it's only a joke.

but perspective is a ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fukk all this present ? ....what y'all doing next week?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    CapitalB wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Our main problem is getting organized.

Why the ? we can't do that ? .

too many people involved..
    people want the ? to happen overnight as well..

? needs to bubble slow..

it took generations for us to get here.. go take generations for us to get out..
    we aint the ones who go see the promise land.. our kids are.. and thats what its about..

people want the ? for themselves now!
    and thats not gonna happen..

You forgot many blacks just dont care enough and are content @blackgod813 with the way things are, also plenty of ? and uncle toms who think nothing is wrong at all

Fixed

Apathy is far more common than righteous furry...most white people are apathetic an so are most people...if things dont effect them personally it just doesn't matter..we been at war 16yrs but if you not in the army or live in Afghanistan most likely you don't care...most of us want love an hiphop an McDonald's..how many even knew that statue existed...

Greatest troll of all time