Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Current and former members of the New York City Police Department rallied in Brooklyn Saturday in support of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. 

pkjrkt5gsz4r.jpg

Some serious ? irony / hypocrisy going on here.

Where's the hypocrisy? Isn't this what you wanted to see from so-called "Good Cops" - them taking a stand against the bad ones?

By the way, this could be the same group of black cops in NYC that had a press conference talking about this stuff long before Kap started doing his thing.

If you don't see the irony / hypocrisy, then it would be a waste of my time to try to explain it to you. I'm not going back and forth with you explaining the ? .

Link to the press conference they had ? I'd like to see exactly what they were talking about. If it wasn't about their fellow comrades of the NYPD who engage in police brutality, profiling, and ? like that everyday - I'd question the relevance of it.

Hint: Part of what Kap protested is cops who brutalize and murder innocent Black people everyday, and aren't held accountable. These are cops here supporting him - NYPD cops at that, who are well known for the very same ? , and extremely rarely known for standing up for it.

Need action from them, not just some #IMWITHKAP shirts but not speaking up when Eric Garner was choked to death or the the other unarmed young brother was shot in a dark stairwell.

The bold is exactly what the press conference is about.

And if you got proof that these particular cops are out there murdering innocent black people or supporting other cops who do, I don't see how you can call them hypocrites. You're basically holding them accountable for all of the NYPD's sins. I don't know them, so you could be right, but if they have been taking a stance against the NYPD brutality for a while, they aren't being hypocritical. I'll try to find that presser for you though.

So you don't have a link to what they were protesting about ?

Nah, I tried looking. ? happened after Garner's death so it's been a while. They had a name for their group, but I can't remember. So you can believe me or not, but basically the group got up and said that there is racism in the NYPD, they do mistreat minorities, and changes needed to be made. A few of them quit the force too.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think thats the 100 black men group they been around for a while.. if thats who they are
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buddyro wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    You kan

Keep up the act. Don't slip now Cuh

I used the k for a reason members of the ? have infiltrated these police forces around the country and to me I look at them as I would a ? member so I address them as such.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement/

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Wonder what they think about their head coach now?
  • buddyro
    buddyro Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    You kan

Keep up the act. Don't slip now Cuh

I used the k for a reason members of the ? have infiltrated these police forces around the country and to me I look at them as I would a ? member so I address them as such.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement/

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

its more than that
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This lame ? replacing the Cs in his words.

You can quote me next time ? ass ? .

I think that you're @Max.
  • buddyro
    buddyro Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

Lurked this site for about a year I think you're wrong.
  • stringer bell
    Options

Lurked this site for about a year I think you're wrong.

0b9.gif
  • stringer bell
    Options

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20409319/eleven-cleveland-browns-players-take-knee-circle-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game
    Those who took a knee were tight end Seth DeValve, running backs Duke Johnson Jr. and Terrence Magee, safeties Jabrill Peppers and Calvin Pryor, cornerback Jamar Taylor, receivers Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis, linebackers Chris Kirksey and Jamie Collins, and running back Isaiah Crowell (who was not in uniform).

Those who stood nearby were punter Britton Colquitt (who also had his hand on his heart), cornerback Jason McCourty, quarterback DeShone Kizer, defensive tackle Trevon Coley and offensive tackle Shon Coleman.

"As an organization, we have a profound respect for our country's National Anthem, flag and the servicemen and servicewomen in the United States and abroad," the Browns said in a statement. "We feel it's important for our team to join in this great tradition and special moment of recognition, at the same time we also respect the great liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression."
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Current and former members of the New York City Police Department rallied in Brooklyn Saturday in support of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. 

pkjrkt5gsz4r.jpg
    That force is divided than a mofherfucker unless the NYPD just became all-black. Them just the ? that know they can still get shot as off duty cops way faster lol.
  • stringer bell
    Options

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20409319/eleven-cleveland-browns-players-take-knee-circle-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game
    Those who took a knee were tight end Seth DeValve, running backs Duke Johnson Jr. and Terrence Magee, safeties Jabrill Peppers and Calvin Pryor, cornerback Jamar Taylor, receivers Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis, linebackers Chris Kirksey and Jamie Collins, and running back Isaiah Crowell (who was not in uniform).

Those who stood nearby were punter Britton Colquitt (who also had his hand on his heart), cornerback Jason McCourty, quarterback DeShone Kizer, defensive tackle Trevon Coley and offensive tackle Shon Coleman.

"As an organization, we have a profound respect for our country's National Anthem, flag and the servicemen and servicewomen in the United States and abroad," the Browns said in a statement. "We feel it's important for our team to join in this great tradition and special moment of recognition, at the same time we also respect the great liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20409319/cleveland-browns-players-take-knee-circle-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game
    12 Browns players take knee during anthem

CLEVELAND -- A dozen Browns players took a knee in prayer during the national anthem before Monday night's preseason game against the New York Giants.

While the group knelt behind the bench, several other players placed a hand on a kneeling teammate's shoulder in support.

"There's a lot of racial and social injustices in the world that are going on right now," rookie safety Jabrill Peppers said after the Browns' second win in two preseason games. "We just decided to take a knee and pray for the people who have been affected and just pray for the world in general."

Players said linebacker Christian Kirksey led the prayer.

"We did it out of respect," Kirksey said. "No disrespect for anyone, we just felt like it was the right time and the need to do it."

Tight end Seth DeValve, who became the first known white NFL player to take a knee during the national anthem, said recent events in Charlottesville, Virginia, had a lot to do with the decision. But DeValve said it was also more involved. His wife, Erica, is African-American.

"I myself will be raising children that don't look like me, and I want to do my part as well to do everything I can to raise them in a better environment than we have right now," DeValve said. "So I wanted to take the opportunity with my teammates during the anthem to pray for our country and also to draw attention to the fact that we have work to do."

Those who took a knee were DeValve, running backs Duke Johnson Jr. and Terrence Magee, safeties Peppers and Calvin Pryor, cornerback Jamar Taylor, receivers Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis, linebackers Kirksey and Jamie Collins, and running backs Isaiah Crowell and Brandon Wilds (who were not in uniform).

Wilds' participation was originally overlooked but was confirmed by the team after the game, bringing the count to an even dozen players.

Those who stood nearby included punter Britton Colquitt (who also had his hand on his heart), cornerback Jason McCourty, quarterback DeShone Kizer, defensive tackle Trevon Coley and offensive tackle Shon Coleman.

This past week, coach Hue Jackson stood by his players' right to make a statement, provided it was peaceful and he had advance notice.

"We respect our players; we respect the flag," Jackson said Monday night. "Those guys came to me and talked to me about it before they ever made a decision to do it."

"We were not trying to disrespect the flag or be a distraction to the team, but as men we thought we had the right to stand up for what we believed in, and we demonstrated that," Peppers said.

Players said they had not thought past this game, so they could not say whether it was a one-time thing or if it will continue.

"It saddens me that in 2017 we have to do something like that," DeValve said. "I personally would like to say that I love this country. I love our national anthem. I'm very grateful to the men and women who have given their lives and give a lot every day to protect this courtly and serve this country. I want to honor them as much as I can.

"The United States is the greatest country in the world. It is because it provides opportunities to citizens that no other country does. The issue is that it doesn't provide equal opportunity to everybody.

"I wanted to support my African-American teammates today who wanted to take a knee."

I like the message.. But it's seems to me their method of protest(getting into prayer circle together) screams to me "We're protesting and praying so don't criticize us too harshly"…
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.khou.com/sports/jerry-jones-flag-should-be-recognized-in-a-positive-way-during-anthem/466481292
    Jerry Jones: Flag should be 'recognized in a positive way' during anthem

DALLAS - In a radio interview Tuesday morning, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed a strong opinion against national anthem protests that are once again gaining traction during the NFL preseason.

Several players have kneeled or sat for the national anthem -- following the lead of Colin Kaepernick, who famously kneeled for the anthem last year as a protest of police brutality against black people.

On Monday, a group of Cleveland Browns players kneeled together during the anthem. That group included tight end Seth DeValve, who is the first white player to kneel for the anthem.

Jones on Tuesday said the flag should be looked at in a positive light during the anthem.

“Recognizing the flag is a salute to our country and all of the people that have sacrificed so that we have the liberties that we have,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “I feel very strongly that everyone should save that moment for the recognition of the flag and in a positive way.”

“I like the way the Cowboys do it,” he added.

It’s not the first time Jones has voiced an opinion against the anthem protests in the NFL. He commended his players last year for not choosing the anthem as a time to protest.

It should be noted, though, that there is no evidence to support a viral UConservative.net article that claims Jones told players they would be “off the team” if they protested the national anthem. Governor Greg Abbott tweeted a link to the article earlier this month, thanking Jones.

The Cowboys’ next preseason opponent, the Oakland Raiders, have seen running back Marshawn Lynch sit for the anthem this preseason. Quarterback Derek Carr put his hand on the shoulder of Khalil Mack during the anthem over the weekend, but said it was not a “protest," according to ESPN.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

That's a fake story that got spread last year
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

That looks like a weak ass prayer circle....

Nah they were kneeling for the anthem. There's a white teammate, who is married to a black woman, kneeling with them who talked about it after the game.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That looks like a weak ass prayer circle....

How so?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.khou.com/sports/jerry-jones-flag-should-be-recognized-in-a-positive-way-during-anthem/466481292
    Jerry Jones: Flag should be 'recognized in a positive way' during anthem

DALLAS - In a radio interview Tuesday morning, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed a strong opinion against national anthem protests that are once again gaining traction during the NFL preseason.

Several players have kneeled or sat for the national anthem -- following the lead of Colin Kaepernick, who famously kneeled for the anthem last year as a protest of police brutality against black people.

On Monday, a group of Cleveland Browns players kneeled together during the anthem. That group included tight end Seth DeValve, who is the first white player to kneel for the anthem.

Jones on Tuesday said the flag should be looked at in a positive light during the anthem.

“Recognizing the flag is a salute to our country and all of the people that have sacrificed so that we have the liberties that we have,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “I feel very strongly that everyone should save that moment for the recognition of the flag and in a positive way.”

“I like the way the Cowboys do it,” he added.

It’s not the first time Jones has voiced an opinion against the anthem protests in the NFL. He commended his players last year for not choosing the anthem as a time to protest.

It should be noted, though, that there is no evidence to support a viral UConservative.net article that claims Jones told players they would be “off the team” if they protested the national anthem. Governor Greg Abbott tweeted a link to the article earlier this month, thanking Jones.

The Cowboys’ next preseason opponent, the Oakland Raiders, have seen running back Marshawn Lynch sit for the anthem this preseason. Quarterback Derek Carr put his hand on the shoulder of Khalil Mack during the anthem over the weekend, but said it was not a “protest," according to ESPN.
    I bet you any money Jerry Jones is a Trump supporter. You'll openly support a president who sympathizes with KKK & ? 's, but dont want to acknowledge a black man kneeling for the injustice of black americans. Nobody else see the hypocrisies here?
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/08/22/kid-rock-you-know-what-expletive-colin-kaepernick/
    Kid Rock: ‘You Know What? (Expletive) Colin Kaepernick’

I have a feeling after every single NFL game this season, there will be a story about the players who kneeled — or didn’t kneel — during the National Anthem.

Just Monday night, a group of Cleveland Browns players, including former Michigan Wolverine Jabrill Peppers, as Game of Thrones would say “bent the knee” during the anthem.

Over this weekend Detroit’s own Kid Rock performed at the Iowa State Fair and decided to talk about the player who started it all, Colin Kaepernick.

According to the desmoiesregister.com:

Aside from selling “Kid Rock for U.S. Senate” shirts at $25 apiece and running a brief photo of President Trump during an in-song photo collage, Rock kept politics out of his Iowa show. That was until the bridge of “Born Free,” when he decided to share his thoughts on the upcoming National Football League season.

At that moment, the singer delivered a short message for NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The former San Francisco 49er gained attention in 2016 for protesting the National Anthem prior to games.

“Football’s about ready to start,” he said. “You know what? (expletive) Colin Kaepernick.”

Rock is the highest paid act in Iowa State Fair history and reportedly netted $600,000 for the show. This is the second time he’s thrown out that same insult against Kaepernick. He did the same thing a year ago at another show. Audiences applauded both times.

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I for sure thought he would've been OD'd on something by now.