Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Don't get mad, get real. And he could do more with an NFL salary, and the title of NFL quarterback playing into his late 30s then he can without the two. That interview tour ain't even going to amount to what he would get paid if he only played in division games.

Far from mad this the internet ? this ? ain't real.

What he could do with that nfl money ain't none of your concern. Why pocket watching that man?

It's saying alot about you that you keeping referencing another man's money to what that man is willing to forego over his own self-respect and the respect of his people.

No, what I'm saying is if I can do something with money versus doing it with my voice and keeping the money coming so I can affect more change with it then why would i ? up the money? And I'm never pocket watchin, and you right this ain't the real, when you log off it's real, this a fairytale world where everything is ideal. Everybody Malcolm X. If I just saw what kap went through Ima switch it up too, why, because smart people don't jump off a building to save people when they can save the same ? taking the elevator.

Nobody is asking anybody to do exactly what Kaep did. Only thing I've seen people say is not ? up about what Kaep did when asked about it.

I can't tell when you keep mentioning that man money. Him having his money or losing his money shouldn't even be part of your conversation about him cause it ain't your money.

Everybody can fight their fight in how they want to do it. A person doesn't even have to fight if they don't want to. At the same time if what Kaep doing you ain't trying to do at all or even publicly then just don't make a comment about that makes you look dumb, weak or like a sucka.

The ? ain't that hard to understand.

My conversation will be about what I want it to be about, who are you? I ain't quote you or none of that, I said what I said, take that other ? up the block. ? can do more empowering money over the long term than doing it with his voice in the short. I keep mentioning money, not his money but money period because it's valid. ? outta here.

HAHAHA!!!

Exactly you pocket watching and you should be embarrassed for doing that ? ? . Quite possible you a ? as to why you don't see the error of your ways

Just do better now that you know better!
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is it
    Money >>>>>>>>>>> dignity, self respect, rights as a human being? Because reading through the post that is what it seems like the general consensus is
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the NFL ain't got ? to do with your dignity and rights. its a football league.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? are cowards... hell our great grandparents were broke aint have ? but had values and pride. Now we as a people get a lol something and are afraid to lose and have become all about self... the past generations aunt sacrifice for this type of attitude

You can't tell some these ? ? like this.

CDFraXBUUAEL8A6.jpg

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get mad, get real. And he could do more with an NFL salary, and the title of NFL quarterback playing into his late 30s then he can without the two. That interview tour ain't even going to amount to what he would get paid if he only played in division games.

What he could do with that nfl money ain't none of your concern. Why pocket watching that man?

It's saying alot about you that you keeping referencing another man's money to what that man is willing to forego over his own self-respect and the respect of his people.

No, what I'm saying is if I can do something with money versus doing it with my voice and keeping the money coming so I can affect more change with it then why would i ? up the money? And I'm never pocket watchin, and you right this ain't the real, when you log off it's real, this a fairytale world where everything is ideal. Everybody Malcolm X. If I just saw what kap went through Ima switch it up too, why, because smart people don't jump off a building to save people when they can save the same ? taking the elevator.

Nobody is asking anybody to do exactly what Kaep did. Only thing I've seen people say is not ? up about what Kaep did when asked about it.

I can't tell when you keep mentioning that man money. Him having his money or losing his money shouldn't even be part of your conversation about him cause it ain't your money.

Everybody can fight their fight in how they want to do it. A person doesn't even have to fight if they don't want to. At the same time if what Kaep doing you ain't trying to do at all or even publicly then just don't make a comment about that makes you look dumb, weak or like a sucka.

My conversation will be about what I want it to be about, who are you? I ain't quote you or none of that, I said what I said, take that other ? up the block. ? can do more empowering money over the long term than doing it with his voice in the short. I keep mentioning money, not his money but money period because it's valid. ? outta here.

HAHAHA!!!

Exactly you pocket watching and you should be embarrassed for doing that ? ? . Quite possible you a ? as to why you don't see the error of your ways

? ? ..... wow. And you can't comprehend. You talkin that wild ? but you more than likely just another ? with a keyboard. Talk that kumbaya ? all you want, but the fact remains. Takin the window is better than takin the stairs.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    So is it
    Money >>>>>>>>>>> dignity, self respect, rights as a human being? Because reading through the post that is what it seems like the general consensus is

thats what @jono is saying.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

HAHAHA!!!

? ? ..... wow. And you can't comprehend. You talkin that wild ? but you more than likely just another ? with a keyboard. Talk that kumbaya ? all you want, but the fact remains. Takin the window is better than takin the stairs.

giphy.gif
  • Lefty_
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? the NFL ain't got ? to do with your dignity and rights. its a football league.

At the end of the day, it's still your job.

I wish I would go to the block, and start asking ? if they are prepared for Jehovah's return.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HAHAHA!!!

This.
  • Lefty_
    Options

HAHAHA!!!

This.

Na, not this. Fact still remains, you can do more with quiet money and the position of NFL quarterback than you can being loud and drawing the ire of the people that pay you.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    So y'all going to act like most of y'all aren't in the same position as being employed... How many of y'all are going to speak up at your employer? None....

a79f2nogkvho.gif
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Saying ? on the internet ain't real is how people ignored and let those white supremacists congregate online for years.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    No wonder why the league and owners keep ? these ? during collective bargaining negotiations. These mfs don't have no backbone. Out here damn near committing suicide on the football field and can't even get a guaranteed contract.

Basketball-Players-Laughing.jpg

Yeaaaa lets compare a league with 1700 players with a huge injury risk to a league with 300 and talk about guaranteed contracts :joy:

l0jybeyja0wj.gif

You're actually proving his point because the NFL makes a lot more money than the NBA...........so they're in a better position to afford guaranteed contracts than the NBA.

Problem is, the owners are always gonna have the upper hand because...........even though these athletes make a lot of money.............most of them are still living paycheck-to-paycheck.

Basically, the more money they make..........the more expenses they end up having.

The owners know that all they have to do is wait them out to get their way because there's only so long that they can last without those game checks.

Those bills aren't gonna pay themselves.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    No wonder why the league and owners keep ? these ? during collective bargaining negotiations. These mfs don't have no backbone. Out here damn near committing suicide on the football field and can't even get a guaranteed contract.

Yeaaaa lets compare a league with 1700 players with a huge injury risk to a league with 300 and talk about guaranteed contracts :joy:

l0jybeyja0wj.gif

You're actually proving his point because the NFL makes a lot more money than the NBA...........so they're in a better position to afford guaranteed contracts than the NBA.

Show me an NFL owner who is cool with guaranteed contracts and i'll show you an owner who won't be an owner very long.
  • deadeye
    Options

l0jybeyja0wj.gif

Show me an NFL owner who is cool with guaranteed contracts and i'll show you an owner who won't be an owner very long.

Oh, I know the owners don't want that.

I'm just saying that the players could get it if they were able to manage their money better.

Granted, they probably wouldn't make as much........but at least the money would be guaranteed.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tweeted my cousin about this and I said he better not defend him. He responded and said that people don't say that about Michael Jordan. SMH

This is why I barely speak to him.,
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

l0jybeyja0wj.gif

Problem is, the owners are always gonna have the upper hand because...........even though these athletes make a lot of money.............most of them are still living paycheck-to-paycheck.

Basically, the more money they make..........the more expenses they end up having.

The owners know that all they have to do is wait them out to get their way because there's only so long that they can last without those game checks.

So u just ignored the injury risk factor on purpose huh.
  • black caesar
    edited August 2017
    Options
    These ? seriously think this money is gonna insulate them from this racism ? . Them white folks will give you that wake up call with the quickness. Have you out in these streets like Tiger Woods.

How they got Tiger?

He means when Tiger got dragged through the mud by white society messing with those women, and the years later got arrested and on the arrest record, under race they put "black". Remember Tiger has never spoke on behalf of black people, much less acknowledge is own blackness. That was supposed to be his wake up call, but I doubt he understands.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Not everybody is a civil rights activist they get payed to run a ball who made them qualified to speak on anything past that..
    ? then say "no comment" & keep it moving. Why is Dez Bryant speaking on something he has no interest in? ? be cosigning coonery

How many people chastise Michael jordan for having no interest in anything damned if you do damn if you don't.

People have, but not enough.
  • black caesar
    Options
    A lot of emotion in these posts. You don't ? up the golden goose to be a broke activist. Standing for the anthem ain't no ? ? . In a few years Colin K will be a 30 for 30. It's honorable what he did, but at the end of the day, he sacrificed his platform to make a point, and now he can no longer even use that platform in silence because it's not there.

You can't wave a red flag in front of a bull and not expect it to charge. Everybody wanna cry that blackball ? like the owners don't still hold the cards. If i'm dez and I see what Kap is goin through, i'ma lay in the cut too, hell yea.

Like somebody said before. A lot of ? been quietly on some trill ? they whole careers.

Dez has money man. If he saved up like he should have, he would have what's called "? you" money.

See the problem is, these high paid athletes need to pool their resources together and start their OWN league, but some don't see the big picture.
  • deadeye
    Options

l0jybeyja0wj.gif

So u just ignored the injury risk factor on purpose huh.

Nah, I agree.

They should have guaranteed contracts because of the injury risk.

The problem is, the owners money is bigger than the players..........so the players, unless they learn how to properly budget their money..........will never be able to wait out the owners.

Basically, once their money starts getting tight........the players pressure their union reps to hurry up and get a deal done because they've got bills to pay.

Simply because, outside of the major stars who have endorsement deals..........the only source of revenue for most of the players is their game checks.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Didn't LeBron tweet this video out yesterday too?

Yea it was a retreat from that joint I believe
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    So y'all going to act like most of y'all aren't in the same position as being employed... How many of y'all are going to speak up at your employer? None....
    its called ? you money fam........ most fiscally responsible brothers got ? you money