Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of emotion in these posts. You don't ? up the golden goose to be a broke activist. Standing for the anthem ain't no ? ? . In a few years Colin K will be a 30 for 30. It's honorable what he did, but at the end of the day, he sacrificed his platform to make a point, and now he can no longer even use that platform in silence because it's not there.

You can't wave a red flag in front of a bull and not expect it to charge. Everybody wanna cry that blackball ? like the owners don't still hold the cards. If i'm dez and I see what Kap is goin through, i'ma lay in the cut too, hell yea.

Like somebody said before. A lot of ? been quietly on some trill ? they whole careers.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    again you can lay in the cut.. be silent dont say ? .. and not vocally tow the company line.. if you are that type of cat....

when someone holds all the cards you seem to be saying lay down dont make waves.. im glad not everyone takes that view.. otherwise we be in chains
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    again you can lay in the cut.. be silent dont say ? .. and not vocally tow the company line.. if you are that type of cat....

when someone holds all the cards you seem to be saying lay down dont make waves.. im glad not everyone takes that view.. otherwise we be in chains

Make no mistake were still in chains..just not physical one. But I agree with most of what you said
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    A lot of emotion in these posts. You don't ? up the golden goose to be a broke activist. Standing for the anthem ain't no ? ? . In a few years Colin K will be a 30 for 30. It's honorable what he did, but at the end of the day, he sacrificed his platform to make a point, and now he can no longer even use that platform in silence because it's not there.

You can't wave a red flag in front of a bull and not expect it to charge. Everybody wanna cry that blackball ? like the owners don't still hold the cards. If i'm dez and I see what Kap is goin through, i'ma lay in the cut too, hell yea.

Like somebody said before. A lot of ? been quietly on some trill ? they whole careers.

Black people hold our cards it's not like we can't make our own league. I wish we stop the thinking that we can't do for yourself.
  • Lefty_
    Options

We already in chains, and we not going to get out of em by marchin and sitting for anthems. Every little bit helps dont get me wrong, but the money of a baller is better than the blackball of a martyr b.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    What's stopping black people from creating our own Destiny?
  • Lefty_
    Options
    The league will die, you know why? Because all the way up the infrastructure we don't control much. It's a little more nuanced than just taking the black players and saying we'll play by ourselves.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Make no mistake were still in chains..just not physical one. But I agree with most of what you said

some of those chains are mental psychological, generational and self inflicted... as well as the obvious..
  • Lefty_
    Options
    Don't get mad, get real. And he could do more with an NFL salary, and the title of NFL quarterback playing into his late 30s then he can without the two. That interview tour ain't even going to amount to what he would get paid if he only played in division games.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get mad, get real. And he could do more with an NFL salary, and the title of NFL quarterback playing into his late 30s then he can without the two. That interview tour ain't even going to amount to what he would get paid if he only played in division games.

Far from mad this the internet ? this ? ain't real.

What he could do with that nfl money ain't none of your concern. Why pocket watching that man?

It's saying alot about you that you keeping referencing another man's money to what that man is willing to forego over his own self-respect and the respect of his people.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    Just because you don't want to make noise or be powerful with your voice doesn't mean you're a coward, some ? lean different.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this to be broke 5 yrs after retirement

Dez has already filed a lawsuit on his former financial advisor for stealing money
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Just because you don't want to make noise or be powerful with your voice doesn't mean you're a coward, some ? lean different.

Very true but there is also a way about doing that without looking weak or being a coward.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

man if it wasnt for the ville yall ? would still be shutting the ? up. the greatest is an understatement. the louisville lip started this ? and yall ? need to follow suit
  • Lefty_
    edited August 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

What he could do with that nfl money ain't none of your concern. Why pocket watching that man?

It's saying alot about you that you keeping referencing another man's money to what that man is willing to forego over his own self-respect and the respect of his people.

No, what I'm saying is if I can do something with money versus doing it with my voice and keeping the money coming so I can affect more change with it then why would i ? up the money? And I'm never pocket watchin, and you right this ain't the real, when you log off it's real, this a fairytale world where everything is ideal. Everybody Malcolm X. If I just saw what kap went through Ima switch it up too, why, because smart people don't jump off a building to save people when they can save the same ? taking the elevator.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    What's stopping black people from creating our own Destiny?

cause we dont want to put in the work. ? will say it takes to much to start your own league. no it dont. so ? cant rent a high school football field every week and play? ? just dont want to take that pay cut. they want they ? now instead of thinking about the future.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty fair! everybody ain't built for standing up for their rights, but they will once it happens to one of their friends or family members.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

No, what I'm saying is if I can do something with money versus doing it with my voice and keeping the money coming so I can affect more change with it then why would i ? up the money? And I'm never pocket watchin, and you right this ain't the real, when you log off it's real, this a fairytale world where everything is ideal. Everybody Malcolm X. If I just saw what kap went through Ima switch it up too, why, because smart people don't jump off a building to save people when they can save the same ? taking the elevator.

Nobody is asking anybody to do exactly what Kaep did. Only thing I've seen people say is not ? up about what Kaep did when asked about it.

I can't tell when you keep mentioning that man money. Him having his money or losing his money shouldn't even be part of your conversation about him cause it ain't your money.

Everybody can fight their fight in how they want to do it. A person doesn't even have to fight if they don't want to. At the same time if what Kaep doing you ain't trying to do at all or even publicly then just don't make a comment about that makes you look dumb, weak or like a sucka.

The ? ain't that hard to understand.
  • Lefty_
    Options

Nobody is asking anybody to do exactly what Kaep did. Only thing I've seen people say is not ? up about what Kaep did when asked about it.

I can't tell when you keep mentioning that man money. Him having his money or losing his money shouldn't even be part of your conversation about him cause it ain't your money.

Everybody can fight their fight in how they want to do it. A person doesn't even have to fight if they don't want to. At the same time if what Kaep doing you ain't trying to do at all or even publicly then just don't make a comment about that makes you look dumb, weak or like a sucka.

The ? ain't that hard to understand.

My conversation will be about what I want it to be about, who are you? I ain't quote you or none of that, I said what I said, take that other ? up the block. ? can do more empowering money over the long term than doing it with his voice in the short. I keep mentioning money, not his money but money period because it's valid. ? outta here.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It speaks volumes that speaking up for black people and drawing attention to a serious issue is the REASON you can lose your job...That's the real problem. I take what Dez said as a cry for help..

Why does an athlete have to choose between his career or standing up for black people in 2017? That's what really needs to be addressed...it's an owner's league of good ol boys and that's it. Guys have played through ? , abuse, murder allegations you name it...but stand up for black people and that's yo ass... Why don't these players have a platform to speak on these issues and have their job protected? Why are the players the only ones being pressured to make a stand? At the same time, I don't agree with Dez because if this means something to him, then he can still find a different way to support, but don't throw Kap under the bus. We getting distracted from Kaps original intention.. Place blame where it belongs
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But does he still have an opportunity to lead by example?.....
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet if ? stood up for ? there would be no problem,? have gotten more rights in the last 8 years than black people have in 500 and that's ? up