Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    1 - Y'all really wanted blood to want the fight to go on

2 - I paid for fight. I could afford it. Y'all loud ? broke

I'm just chilling like Floyd now

Oh word, you can afford a $100 fight? You done came up, lil ? . Keep aiming high.

Drop your itinerary. You bout to catch these hands
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Also, Floyd knew what he was doing by letting him live in the later rounds. So some of y'all need to stop giving so much credit to Connor for lasting so long. May simply took advantage of Connor's stamina and ran the clock. The fight only looks competitive if you dont understand the context

I could agree with this against another pro boxer but a fighter in his professional boxing debut has no business lasting to the 10th round against Floyd. Say what you want, but McGregor deserves some props for that. For Floyd to even have the game plan of taking a novice into the deep waters says something for me. I expected complete annihilation.

Ok cool, lets act like Floyd isn't 40 ? years old and still beat him like he stole something. But ok.

I'm interested in what your pre-fight prediction was. If you had McGregor lasting to the tenth, for whatever reason, then props. I sure as hell didn't. 40 years old or not, he's still Money Mayweather fighting someone making their professional boxing debut. I didn't have it going past 5.

A defensive fighter, who's 40 years old, hasn't fought in 2 years, has brittle hands, and hasn't knocked anyone out since 2011, I had Floyd winning by unanimous decision. Again, Floyd just decided to take advantage of the clock and Con's stamina issues, and proceeded to beat the brakes off his lucky charm ass.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    This was Mayweather's worst fight. It was either fixed or dude didn't prepare for real or old age caught up instant. Conor came out looking better than he ought to, making it somewhat interesting. A serious boxer like Crawford takes him in 2 rounds. They both got paid tho.

Floyd hasn't fought in what..........almost 2 years?

No matter how good you are, there's gonna be some rust if you take that much time off.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly it was an ok. I just didn't want it to be a bad ? scene. Connor kept it interesting, which is what I was hoping for.

Production was ? trash tho, dudes couldn't keep the damn camera still while they were doing the interviews, ? was just terrible.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh word, you can afford a $100 fight? You done came up, lil ? . Keep aiming high.

Lol, bruh I'm on your side. I'm glad to see you coming up in the world ordering ? fights all by yourself.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good fight and McGregor can box...he doesn't have power with boxing gloves on tho, that or he was never throwing with real conviction

His MMA background makes him so unorthodox from a boxing POV (the angles he comes from and his ability to control range) that he could put away a few lower level fighters early. But his gas tank is ? and ain't no way he was going to put Floyd (or any other top notch fighter with resolve) away.
    I wouldn't pay to see him fight again tho.

Exactly...McGregor's staminas has always been ? even in MMA so it was a good show and a good fight, if they did fight a second time it'll be even more competitive in my opinion
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was Mayweather's worst fight. It was either fixed or dude didn't prepare for real or old age caught up instant. Conor came out looking better than he ought to, making it somewhat interesting. A serious boxer like Crawford takes him in 2 rounds. They both got paid tho.

? like u are so wack. everytime he wins its always some dumb ? . he won. point blank
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Lol, bruh I'm on your side. I'm glad to see you coming up in the world ordering ? fights all by yourself.

usuhl3rjstsy.gif
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh SAS and teddy atlas going at it
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is Teddy talking about right now...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Teddy never liked money
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like seeing people make money so im glad cats paid for the fight and mayweather and conor made a killing.

They wasnt about to get my money though. Shout out to @go figure for them links.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    ? stop

He was about to get put on his pampers and he (Conner) knew it!

He didn't want that photo op of him taking a power nap on the canvas.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Conor did way better than anyone thought for real,but i knew once he started gettin tired it was gonna be a wrap

Conor had too much pride. Probably could have lasted til the end if he retreated a little more when he got tired. He never stopped trying to go toe to toe.

The end of the round???? Lol dude was not lasting the rest of the fight i dunno if may woulda knocked him out but he def woulda got stopped eventually, his cardio was shot to ?

No, I'm saying if in those latter rounds, Conor had settled a bit and tried to regain his energy, he might have lasted longer. He would have lost for sure, but he might have made it to the end.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McGregor used to drain his weight and bullied the smaller weight class that's why he ran through his division in the UFC and was the smaller man when he went up against Diaz so yea he's smart I'll give him that...McGregor's build is the blueprint to beating Mayweather alas Corrales (RIP) but the skill level has to match up and that's why Mayweather is the best of his generation same goes for Jordan
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In otha news cotto wins tha wbo 154 title
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Teddy never liked money

He was actually defending Floyd against what SAS was saying.. But he making the most out left field analogies I've heard.. He talking about fast food and short order cooks.. And then out no where he just yells "HE KNOCKED THE GUY OUT"…
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In otha news cotto wins tha wbo 154 title

He gonna fight charlo or naw..... ? ? don't mean ?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everyone knows mayweather is a defensive fighter and conor played right into that jumpin in attacking and burning energy quick with jabs

Mayweather was patient and in hindsight it seems if he wanted to attack earlier this ? wouldnt have gone 10 rounds.