Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Kaep was also playing injured when his decline started. Then the team he came back to was nowhere near as good as the one that made the SB run. ? they have used everything from the protest to him being a vegan as "evidence" he doesn't want to play. They using anything they can and you just mirroring their talking points.

The ? had some bad seasons period. I'm not mirroring anything. I'm just stating facts. People are making it seem like Kaep was a MVP contender before this all started. He wasn't. A lot of teams weren't checking for him then, so I'm not sure why you guys are acting like every team now wants him, but is refusing to take him because of blackballing. If you think Kaep is being blackballed, fine. I say the same thing. But why are ? acting like I'm saying something crazy just by suggesting that some of the teams that aren't picking him up are doing so for football reasons and not as a punishment?

So him having a 3-1 turnover ratio is bad?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hank aaron, tommie smith, john carlos and kareem disagrees

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Kaep was also playing injured when his decline started. Then the team he came back to was nowhere near as good as the one that made the SB run. ? they have used everything from the protest to him being a vegan as "evidence" he doesn't want to play. They using anything they can and you just mirroring their talking points.

The ? had some bad seasons period. I'm not mirroring anything. I'm just stating facts. People are making it seem like Kaep was a MVP contender before this all started. He wasn't. A lot of teams weren't checking for him then, so I'm not sure why you guys are acting like every team now wants him, but is refusing to take him because of blackballing. If you think Kaep is being blackballed, fine. I say the same thing. But why are ? acting like I'm saying something crazy just by suggesting that some of the teams that aren't picking him up are doing so for football reasons and not as a punishment?

Because you not talking football reasons. You in here half was guessing about his desire to keep playing and asking if he's even training. You admitted you're uninformed and instead of taking the information given you're still debating. That's not smart
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because you not talking football reasons. You in here half was guessing about his desire to keep playing and asking if he's even training. You admitted you're uninformed and instead of taking the information given you're still debating. That's not smart

Ya'll are talking like I'm passing judgement on Kap. I don't understand why you keep saying this ? while simultaneously acknowledging that I've admitted I don't have the info to do that.

I don't know what work Kap has put in. All I'm saying is that its not out of line for someone in the industry to say they aren't sure if he's committed if they haven't seen proof. There are also football reasons why teams would pass on him. I've said multiple times that I believe he's being blackballed, but I also believe that there are only a handful of teams that actually need him.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Who cares what Kid Rock has to say?

this guy is from Detroit....

how he feel this way?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Hip hop takes an L for embracing this cac

Typical of most white men. They always come forward as progressive allies in their 20s to appropriate outside culture. Then just end up ideologically becoming their fathers or grandaddies when they reach their 40s.

but young ? think it's all cool now
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I detest apologetic negroes

sorry bruh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

95% of Lonious posts are "well, i do see ur point but lets look at it from the other side too". He's a "many sides" Donald Trump type ? . I'm sure he's prolly trollin bc no ? activley looks to defend the other side of everything. I remember that time Lil Wayne ? on BLM, making complete fool of himself on tv, this ? came rushing in threads saying "i dont see the coonery, we dont know whats in his heart". This ? be trollin

i do....I always try to look at both sides .but I know when to shut up.

some ? just don't have another side.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2017
    Options

95% of Lonious posts are "well, i do see ur point but lets look at it from the other side too". He's a "many sides" Donald Trump type ? . I'm sure he's prolly trollin bc no ? activley looks to defend the other side of everything. I remember that time Lil Wayne ? on BLM, making complete fool of himself on tv, this ? came rushing in threads saying "i dont see the coonery, we dont know whats in his heart". This ? be trollin

This ? wants so bad for me to give a ? what he thinks.

Sad #loserblackamerica

Seriously though, you're a liar and an idiot. I never defended Wayne. I asked why anyone cared what that drug addicted idiot thinks. If you going to follow me from thread to thread whining about my posts, at least get then right
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Damn it, the ? is wrong with these dark skin ? ?

@texas409
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Damn it, the ? is wrong with these dark skin ? ?

@texas409

giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

I don't know what work Kap has put in. All I'm saying is that its not out of line for someone in the industry to say they aren't sure if he's committed if they haven't seen proof. .

Thats some ? thats easily can be googled. He has an entire website of tracking his work.
    If its some ? you dont know why question it?

What is it that I'm saying that is getting lost in translation here? I'm not questioning it. I don't make the decision so his work ethic doesn't matter to me. I'm saying that people involved in the decisions are questioning it, and you can't just dismiss them when they say they haven't seen what they need to see.

Again, I've said over and over again that I don't know what he has or hasn't done, so I'm not saying who is right or wrong. My only point is that people may be exaggerating the significance of this "black balling." Are there teams that are passing on him because of what he's done. Of course, the owner of the Giants basically admitted he was doing just that. But there are 32 teams in the NFL. Let's be real. How many of them actually need Kaep and how many of them are passing on because of blackballing and not because he doesn't fit their system, he hasn't improved his weaknesses to the extent that the coaches want to see, the team doesn't need a QB, etc...

I never said Kap wasn't being blackballed and I don't completely agree with people like Jim Brown. I just believe you can wholesale dismiss the points they are making. I don't understand why people on the IC think in such extreme terms. ? ain't just black and white. In real life, its usually gray.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Again, I haven't questioned anyone's commitment to playing football. I just acknowledge that it's not out of line for people to do so when considering putting someone in the most important position on the team. And it's not just about kneeling for Kap. He's a full blown activist and philanthropist.
  • Copper
    Options
    Dare to be different ass ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2017
    Options
    First it was...
    Again, I haven't questioned anyone's commitment to playing football. I just acknowledge that it's not out of line for people to do so when considering putting someone in the most important position on the team. And it's not just about kneeling for Kap. He's a full blown activist and philanthropist.

Now its....
    We already know white QBs got it easier in the NFL. My only question is whether or not Kap really even wants to get back in the NFL at this point.
    I'm telling ya'll this ? is just a ? troll talkin on both sides of his azz. ? contradicting his own words smh

Fair enough. I misspoke and didn't articulate my point correctly. If in your eyes that makes my point null and void, so be it.
    Dare to be different ass ?

Ya'll ? exaggerate how much of a contrarian I am. If I really was like that, my reactions status would be nothing but Nosigns or worst, but it's not like that. It's far on the other direction. There are plenty of topics where I express agreement and leave it at that. No one cares about those topics. But ya'll want to act like the posts I make where I disagree with something are the only posts I make.
  • Copper
    Options
    ? you didn't misspeak. You stated two completely different things.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ? you didn't misspeak. You stated two completely different things.

Look bruh. I said what I said at first. And it wasn't the right thing. It wasn't really what I was getting and wasn't what I was trying to convey.

One of these posts a couple pages back, I even said that I must have expressed myself wrong because I really didn't understand why people were reacting the way they were. So I've made of point of trying to more clearly explain what I meant, and I've repeated that point several times now. I never said I was incapable of being wrong or saying the wrong thing. I'm saying that I said the wrong thing in the post he brought up. There have been several other posts then where I better articulated what I meant and that's my stance. If ya'll want to claim it's just me being a contrarian or being a ? troll or whatever the ? that ? said, that's fine too. Since ya'll ? are experts on what I say and do on here, I would have thought by now that it would be clear that I don't give a ? one way or the other. Ya'll don't respect me or my opinions and the feeling is mutual, so we should be able to move on from the personal attacks and get back to the topic at hand. I said the wrong thing. That's not really what I meant. I believe I've done a better job of saying what I meant since then.