2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont sleep on Kawhi as an MVP candidate. Hes improved every year, at this point im not sure he can get any better, but if he ends up doing just what he did last year and sets up his teammates a bit better, hes right up there.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Dont sleep on Kawhi as an MVP candidate. Hes improved every year, at this point im not sure he can get any better, but if he ends up doing just what he did last year and sets up his teammates a bit better, hes right up there.

Nah man he has to do more his efficiency gonna go down imo carrying washed Aldridge and a coming off injury ? and patty mills starting
  • Beta
    Options
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »

Nah man he has to do more his efficiency gonna go down imo carrying washed Aldridge and a coming off injury ? and patty mills starting

I could see that happening. But I can also see him getting 26, 6, 5 at 47-50% and locking cats down. And we know the Spurs are gonna find a way to win 50 games.

Not saying that Leonard is the front runner for MVP, just saying he shouls be in the conversation.
  • AZTG
    Options
    I just hope we dont focus on some crazy stat chasing ? like Westbrook and Harden this year when it comes to MVP
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Towns 4 MVP :3

Im on the bandwagon pleighboi
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Spurs have a top 3 record overall in the league, barring crazy numbers from other players like what Westbrook put up last season Kawhi will be MVP.

The narrative was written last season about how good he is and what the roster really is when he went down in the western conference finals. The media is down on Aldridge and he is our 2nd best player so if the Spurs do well as constructed Kawhi will get most of the credit while playing against a better conference with less help. he will win MVP and or Pop will get coach of the year.

Strong MVP candidates (no particular order)

LeBron (if they get top 3 overall regular season record while Thomas is out most of the season it's a lock)

Greek Freak ( just needs to hit his jumper with more efficiency. Super stat stuffer type of player. Needs more team success this season though)

Durant ( gonna put up monster all around numbers with super offensive efficiency on the best team in the league)

Sleeper

Kemba Walker (if Charlotte over achieves and has a top 4 overall record in the league it will be because of this guy scoring a lot of points and hitting a lot of clutch shots)

Blake Griffin ( let the Clippers not miss too much of a beat and it's gonna be hard to deny how good he is offensively. If he stays healthy the guy is a triple double threat)

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    With IT out a few months Bron got a golden opportunity to add another MVP to his resume. He might sit too many games for the voters liking tho.

Bron not getting anymore mvps. He don't care about that anymore

Bron not getting MVP because of his situation hes never not put up MVP worthy numbers
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Towns 4 MVP :3

Dion Waiters for MVP imo B)
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    With IT out a few months Bron got a golden opportunity to add another MVP to his resume. He might sit too many games for the voters liking tho.

My mvp candidates are kyrie, lebron, greek freak, maybe Wall, in that order

So you saying Giannis might finally turn into something this year?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »

My mvp candidates are kyrie, lebron, greek freak, maybe Wall, in that order

So you saying Giannis might finally turn into something this year?

Have u being living under a rock? Giannis is already legit.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwame Brown will win the MVP.
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol this page is comedy
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

If I lived in a city where the whole economy relies on a basketball player I'd be a ? head too

You live in Boston; the land of clam chowder eating, racist ass crackers. I bet you fit right in, Kyrie Irving Jr.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I lived in a city where the whole economy relies on a basketball player I'd be a ? head too

You live in Boston; the land of clam chowder eati, racist ass crackers. I bet you fit right in, Kyrie Irving Jr.

Ahhhhhh he ? on you bill duke
  • Beta
    Options
    A source told Basketball Insiders last week that the Pelicans were among the teams interested in Cleveland Cavaliers forward Iman Shumpert. Since acquiring Jae Crowder from the Boston Celtics in the Kyrie Irving trade, many speculated that Shumpert could be expendable. There were conflicting reports last week that indicated Shumpert requested a trade from the Cavaliers, while some reported that he made no such request. Regardless, a source has maintained that the Cavaliers have been shopping Shumpert this summer. – via Basketball Insiders
  • Beta
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    Thanks tommy I needed that
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AZTG
    Options
    Atleast hes aware enough to put two way in there. Im inclined to agree
  • Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not the way Isaiah was torching him in the playoffs. Who has he ever shut down to make a claim like that? He says so much to have accomplished so little