2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I get the whole "two way player" thing but end of the day, its about how good you are at your position.

Lets say John Wall is the best 2 way player pg in the league, im still taking Curry, Westbrook, CP3 to start on my team before John Wall for sure, and Mike Conley and John Wall pretty much tied for me.

So, with that said, being the best 2 way gaurd is a nice little title but who really cares when you are the 4-7th best point gaurd?

No diss to Wall btw. Im a fan and being arguably the 4th best pg in the league deserves props.

That's how I'm looking at it

KL is he best two way SF but LBJ and Durant is ahead of him at his position overall.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I get the whole "two way player" thing but end of the day, its about how good you are at your position.

Lets say John Wall is the best 2 way player pg in the league, im still taking Curry, Westbrook, CP3 to start on my team before John Wall for sure, and Mike Conley and John Wall pretty much tied for me.

So, with that said, being the best 2 way gaurd is a nice little title but who really cares when you are the 4-7th best point gaurd?

No diss to Wall btw. Im a fan and being arguably the 4th best pg in the league deserves props.

KL is he best two way SF but LBJ and Durant is ahead of him at his position overall.

Then youre changing th-

Smh these ? is ?

I'm done man
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Then youre changing th-

Smh these ? is ?

I'm done man

But he's still not the best two way player at his position
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cool but you agreed to what he said before I did and the bolded ain't even the topic at hand. Dont do an axel and shizlansky

Them ? need to jump in front of brinks trucks

I still agree. Wall, CP3, Mike Conely are the best 2 way pgs in the league. Out of those 3 I cant be mad at either one, but im inclined to go with Wall.

I was just saying the title of 2 way player is important for role players and 3rd option type players but its kind of meaningless for Stars/Elite players
  • Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options

Cool but you agreed to what he said before I did and the bolded ain't even the topic at hand. Dont do an axel and shizlansky

Them ? need to jump in front of brinks trucks

I still agree. Wall, CP3, Mike Conely are the best 2 way pgs in the league. Out of those 3 I cant be mad at either one, but im inclined to go with Wall.

I was just saying the title of 2 way player is important for role players and 3rd option type players but its kind of meaningless for Stars/Elite players

It's all good. I get what you mean

Thanks for not bringing up IT 4 diff times like other ? ? in this discussion

Wall a much better playmaker than Conley so he edges him out. It's really Wall and CP3 and one is trending down with declining defense as the years go on. Which is why I agree with wall
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Then youre changing th-

Smh these ? is ?

I'm done man

You said curry is a better two way player I dont wanna hear from you no more tonight

Drop that post.

Curry offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wall offense

Wall defense >>>>>>>>>>> Curry defense

So he's a overall better player.
  • Beta
    Options
    Mr Patel I said I dont wanna hear from you
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Mr Patel I said I dont wanna hear from you

I know it's hard for you not to be on here but if you really try you may be able to log off.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is Wall shutting down at the PG position though.

Who is shutting down anyone at That position
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

? we not talking overall I asked u name players that were better at both DEFENSE and OFFENSE, n her u come talm bout Steph n Russ.

Next time someone say kawhi the best 2 way I want yall in here saying the same ? lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2017
    Options

Then youre changing th-

Smh these ? is ?

I'm done man

You said curry is a better two way player I dont wanna hear from you no more tonight

Drop that post.

This wasn't the question or what wall said tho, how is someone a better 2 way player when they only better at one of the ways, make it make sense. That's like saying Bron a better shooter between him and Klay cuz he better overall
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Then youre changing th-

Smh these ? is ?

I'm done man

Drop that post.

This wasn't the question or what wall said tho

Curry offense is Light years ahead Wall

And Wall defense ain't that greatly ahead of Currys

So combine, he's not better.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Then youre changing th-

Smh these ? is ?

I'm done man

Drop that post.

This wasn't the question or what wall said tho

Curry offense is Light years ahead Wall

And Wall defense ain't that greatly ahead of Currys

So combine, he's not better.

NOBODY said wall>curry tho soooo

For the last time...

Name a 2 way player that is actually better at BOTH Ways.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Big ? is a 6 6 shooting guard with handles. And he can't shoot the 3. You better be a 2 way player ? .
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTyylkb15FA

Nice interviewer lol hes always been lowkey

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I thought he meant 2 way player in terms of playing and guarding multiple positions.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is Wall shutting down at the PG position though.

Exactly lol
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    To be real. ? all the ? I said about two way player. Because, All these ? is two way players.

They all play offense and defense. Ain't like these ? sub out on defense.

And the say your the best two way player is saying your the best player at your position and he is not
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wall is the best 2 way point guard tho... don't understand the rift he's top 3 point guards period as well
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Let me put this in simple form so Laura's dad can understand

Let's say Wall offenseive game is a 89and defense is a 80

Curry offense is a 98 and defense is 75

Overall Curry would be a better two way player player because his offensive game is that extremely better than Wall offensive game

Because they both getting chopped up by these scoring PGs anyways.
  • Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Let me put this in simple form so Laura's dad can understand

Let's say Wall offenseive game is a 89and defense is a 80

Curry offense is a 98 and defense is 75

Overall Curry would be a better two way player player because his offensive game is that extremely better than Wall offensive game

Because they both getting chopped up by these scoring PGs anyways.

Aziz I said stop it

Curry been getting hidden on D on the warriors for years but you say he's a better player on both sides of the ball than wall which is false

Stop posting about the NBA it isn't for you my ?

• Shizlansky
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Naw ?

When you say you're the best two way player at your position, your saying you're offensive and defensive game is collectively better than everybody else.

Which means your the best player at your position and Wall ain't the best player at his position.