What's your purpose for living

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im ? with this art ? . I want to be immortalized from it, get my name in books or magazines, and all like that. Find my work on the walls of the rue galleria or something. Feels good too, waking up just to be average was getting lame when im sitting on a talent.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to change the world in the way the people i consider legends did.

? money man i want to be famous. Not in a 15 min type of way in a legendary way.

I want to do something in this world that gets my name and face put into books. Textbooks even.

Its the only way to live forever. Im trying to be immortal out here.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    I want to change the world in the way the people i consider legends did.

? money man i want to be famous. Not in a 15 min type of way in a legendary way.

I want to do something in this world that gets my name and face put into books. Textbooks even.

Its the only way to live forever. Im trying to be immortal out here.

Bruh you're spot on
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live to start my own family
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    My kid.

Your half ? baby is your purpose for living?

You are a waste of white flesh.

You are a lottery win away from being a major player.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    to help my family an those less fortunate or not as knowledgeable

So helping others is your purpose? So you need the misfortunes of others in order to feel valuable.

What would happen if your family told you they don't need you. "Appreciate it fam but no thanks"

What would be your purpose then?

I dint do it for a thank you. having kids an a wife an being a man for them.....is my purpose.
    growing an bettering myself is my purpose.

in the process ...I can give to other what I have obtained. I am a simple man with an abundance. once fam is secure....then your job....well my job is to help others.

it's but so much a person needs....other are hungry an barefoot.

how can you overlook that?

You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask do you help others for gratitude, i asked what would your purpose be if your family refused your help. Like your not only stop asking you for things but when you offer money advice food they were just like, nah. Your wife the same thing.

If people suddenly refused your help, which you state your purpose to be, how would you deal with being purposeless?
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Break the Generational Curse.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loosely adhere to the principles of nihilism.

I really don't give a ? . Stopped giving a ? a while ago. None of this ? matters because none of us are worth ? . Meat bags living in each other's ? up sense of reality. Masking the inevitable death and useless existence through ego and emotional crutches.

I can say some ? like "I do it for my daughter" but I know one day she's going to reach the point where she won't really need me. So I don't have a reason for doing anything other than just because....
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Learning stuff. I wanna learn and understand as much as I can about Allah and the world before I check out

Allah is a pagan moon ? formerly known as allat.

The world is better. What then will acquiring this knowledge do for you? If you were to gain all the knowledge of the world at age 39 and 3 days, would you be ready to die at age 39 and 4 days?

I don't know if living 1 day with "all the knowledge in the world" would be satisfying. I can't think all at once, so I would like to explore and see things for myself. Maybe get some books in. If I have the knowledge and opportunity to teach, I do it. I couldn't pass that up w this in my mind.

Although, all the knowledge would also contain the negative things. Which, all at once, might be hard to live with.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really don't give a ? . Stopped giving a ? a while ago. None of this ? matters because none of us are worth ? . Meat bags living in each other's ? up sense of reality. Masking the inevitable death and useless existence through ego and emotional crutches.

I can say some ? like "I do it for my daughter" but I know one day she's going to reach the point where she won't really need me. So I don't have a reason for doing anything other than just because....

? yourself and end your pointless miserable existence.

but seriously not giving a ? is a pitiful way to travel this journey we call life.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? yourself and end your pointless miserable existence.

but seriously not giving a ? is a pitiful way to travel this journey we call life.

there's a depressing dude on my FB like this.. I tried to help the guy out but he refuses to see anything positive, everything is pointless and worthless.. he attaches negativity to everything.. he frequently indirectly implies suicide in his messages... his mom and siblings I think are the only reasons he hasn't yet..
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who said anything about being miserable?

Not giving a ? is about freedom and being willing to live life how I want. Your interpretation of my post is ? .

Don't quote me bro
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So helping others is your purpose? So you need the misfortunes of others in order to feel valuable.

What would happen if your family told you they don't need you. "Appreciate it fam but no thanks"

I dint do it for a thank you. having kids an a wife an being a man for them.....is my purpose.

in the process ...I can give to other what I have obtained. I am a simple man with an abundance. once fam is secure....then your job....well my job is to help others.

You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask do you help others for gratitude, i asked what would your purpose be if your family refused your help. Like your not only stop asking you for things but when you offer money advice food they were just like, nah. Your wife the same thing.

If people suddenly refused your help, which you state your purpose to be, how would you deal with being purposeless?

they are my priority.....had I not been married or had kids or everyone directly turned away my help....they are other things you can do to help....stray animals, forestry, solar power generators and RO plants in third world countries arigation, etc.

everything is not about a hand out but help can be given indirectly.

@LordZuko
    next
  • LordZuko
    Options

they are my priority.....had I not been married or had kids or everyone directly turned away my help....they are other things you can do to help....stray animals, forestry, solar power generators and RO plants in third world countries arigation, etc.

@LordZuko
    next

So your highest ambition in life is to be a servant. To those who cannot benefit you. You derive a sense of identity from pointless altruism.

It does your ego good to believe that there is someone or something that requires your assistance at some time. Even tho people and the world existed before you and will continue after you without it. Therefore your need to serve only serves to make you feel important, necessary. To displace the fact that your entire existence is meaningless, it won't even measure as a blip on the frequency.
  • JoshuaMoshua
    JoshuaMoshua Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is full of edgelords lmao
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the reason you wake up everyday?

What keeps you motivated to live life?

What keeps you from committing suicide or a slower method of destruction?

Hope.
    I have hope in a lot of things. Also, the fact that I know I will die, I figure what's the rush? I only have one life.
    Writing books makes me feel like I am serving a purpose that extends beyond myself(that's the only time I feel something outside of myself at work in my life for the positive), but I'm really not big on believing in purposes and destiny/fate. I mean practically, if I write a good book and others like it then there's the possibility my beliefs can enter their mind and might in some way help them or at least entertain them.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

@LordZuko
    next

So your highest ambition in life is to be a servant. To those who cannot benefit you. You derive a sense of identity from pointless altruism.

It does your ego good to believe that there is someone or something that requires your assistance at some time. Even tho people and the world existed before you and will continue after you without it. Therefore your need to serve only serves to make you feel important, necessary. To displace the fact that your entire existence is meaningless, it won't even measure as a blip on the frequency.

wow...your view of things can power a good debate.

I am very giving. not all people need or seek my help or any help for that matter. but.....there is people in need an those before me find peace in being a helper to mankind. it's called humility.

you look at it like a servant...i view it as who am I not to help if I go the time or resources.

you telling me. you are not a servant? do you have a job or business? in both you are a servant.

it's crazy you would think people need to do things for their ego. maybe that's your circle or only what you see or choose to believe....
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My kid.

@LordZuko

Wow..you seem envious.

Yes, she is my purpose. Before her I struggled to find purpose in life. Why am I here? When I have those thoughts now, she immediately pops into my mind. She gives me purpose.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My kid.

@LordZuko

Wow..you seem envious.

Yes, she is my purpose. Before her I struggled to find purpose in life. Why am I here? When I have those thoughts now, she immediately pops into my mind. She gives me purpose.

That was cute
  • LordZuko
    Options

@LordZuko
    next

I am very giving. not all people need or seek my help or any help for that matter. but.....there is people in need an those before me find peace in being a helper to mankind. it's called humility.

you look at it like a servant...i view it as who am I not to help if I go the time or resources.

you telling me. you are not a servant? do you have a job or business? in both you are a servant.

it's crazy you would think people need to do things for their ego. maybe that's your circle or only what you see or choose to believe....

The only person i truly serve is myself because i am the only one who can benefit from my actions.

Helping others is merely an extension of trying to benefit oneself by casting the illusion of serving or being part of some grander purpose. It's the same reason people take up religions and create deities that are bigger than them. You've created this abstract purpose to encase your life in order to contrive meaning from an otherwise meaningless existence.

You are nobody to not help, but you are nobody even if you help, that's the point of it all, it doesn't matter one way or the other.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It feels like the human condition is a prison.

It is. Especially when you consider nobody asked to exist
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

@LordZuko
    next

The only person i truly serve is myself because i am the only one who can benefit from my actions.

Helping others is merely an extension of trying to benefit oneself by casting the illusion of serving or being part of some grander purpose. It's the same reason people take up religions and create deities that are bigger than them. You've created this abstract purpose to encase your life in order to contrive meaning from an otherwise meaningless existence.

You are nobody to not help, but you are nobody even if you help, that's the point of it all, it doesn't matter one way or the other.

an my ego doesn't come into play either way...niether will it stop how I want to see or do things.

I expect you to not dodge the next debate fade.

you got alot to say
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fulfilling my goals:

Making sure my family is right
    Getting out of debt
    Buying my first home
    Buying a home in a couple of countries
    Getting in peak physical condition
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭