Official NBA Trade Deadline thread.

Options

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I log on Facebook and everybody and they mama updated they ? talkin bout, "We got Melo. Knicks 2011 Champs"...C'mon now. I seen atleast 6 females post somethin bout the Knicks and they "Boo" Carmelo...SMH

Twitter has been far Worse.......everyone claimin they a knicks fan now or groupie tweetin
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i seen a couple people go crazy over melo, he one of my fav players, but real ? , they aint doin ? THIS year...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Twitter has been far Worse.......everyone claimin they a knicks fan now or groupie tweetin

My cousin posted "Let's Go Knicks! We in here!", but just a few days ago he posted, "Why are my Hawks so cold? NBA Champs"
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Who knows where to find a good stream....for the Knicks game.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    My cousin posted "Let's Go Knicks! We in here!", but just a few days ago he posted, "Why are my Hawks so cold? NBA Champs"

lol was he a fan of either team in 2007?
  • P. Town
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol was he a fan of either team in 2007?

Naw, he was a Sixers fan in '07
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Who knows where to find a good stream....for the Knicks game.

Decent Enough Stream

http://www.videportes.blogspot.com/
  • P. Town
    edited February 2011
    Options

Good lookin my ? !
  • freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wizards agree 2 trade G Kirk Hinrich & C Hilton Armstrong to ATL for G Mike Bibby, F Mo Evans, G Jordan Crawford & a No. 1 pick

Great trade for the Hawks.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ehhh....its cool
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No, not really, why crawford, they just got worst
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Great pick up, Gives u Some Offense and a Solid Defender, Bibby wasnt giving you ? and been a Backup type player for the last 2 years there..

Hinrich name doesnt stand out cuz all these stars being traded but this is a great under the radar trade....Bibby was sleep walkin with the basketball.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited February 2011
    Options

JORDAN crawford, Not Jamal Crawford.....Nobody cares about Jordan Crawford.

People keep thinkin Jamal Crawford Got traded lol
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited February 2011
    Options

wait, read it wrong thought it was jamal crawford, never mind
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JORDAN crawford, Not Jamal Crawford.....Nobody cares about Jordan Crawford.

People keep thinkin Jamal Crawford Got traded lol

i realize......
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Smart, low profile move by the Hawks. They won't admit to it, but they're keeping cap space available for a possible run at bringing Dwight Howard home after next year and they're already a top 5 team in the East, so no need to sell the farm for overrated star players. Bibby is well past his prime and takes whole games off since the Kings fell apart.

I did have a mini-stroke when I initially read this -- thinking you mis-typed Jordan for "JAMAL" Crawford. lol

They won't make too much noise in the playoffs, but they still have a strong, young, nucleus. Still think they ? up giving Johnson that max-cheese. Only bad decision the hawks have made in the last 10 years.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good move for the Hawks
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This Should allow them to push the Ball way way more, I dont think folks know how bad Bibby was hurting that squad, of course they not championship material but Bibby was ? trash ....

i dont remember one fast break by that Albino ? the past 2 years.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wizards agree 2 trade G Kirk Hinrich & C Hilton Armstrong to ATL for G Mike Bibby, F Mo Evans, G Jordan Crawford & a No. 1 pick

Great trade for the Hawks.

What!?!?! lol this is the worse trade ever

So kirck hinrich is gonna be your starter now???

exactly what did atlanta add that's going to help them compete against the Heat, Celtics and Bulls???

They won't make too much noise in the playoffs, but they still have a strong, young, nucleus. Still think they ? up giving Johnson that max-cheese. Only bad decision the hawks have made in the last 10 years.

So what's the point of making this trade! (no rant at you greenwood, you my ? ). But seriously, the Hawks are the most underrated overrated team in basketball. This trade does everything beside make them elite. And at their stage in the franchise, anything less is unacceptable.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This deal doesn't put em over the top the Hawks missed their plane
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so hinrich is their starting point guard is he really that much better than bibby though? i think this was a lateral move but they save cap space which is important.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Man I was shaking my head at this trade.It really doesnt make much sense to me. Even though I was ready for Bibby ass to go the Hawks gave away a lot for Hinrich. We didnt get any better, no worse but no better.....

Im hoping this is is just a first step into something bigger, cause this ? doesnt get us out of the second round. Hell we probably wont make it out of the first round this year.
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    What!?!?! lol this is the worse trade ever

So kirck hinrich is gonna be your starter now???

exactly what did atlanta add that's going to help them compete against the Heat, Celtics and Bulls???

So what's the point of making this trade! (no rant at you greenwood, you my ? ). But seriously, the Hawks are the most underrated overrated team in basketball. This trade does everything beside make them elite. And at their stage in the franchise, anything less is unacceptable.

You either...

A. Never watch the Hawks

or

B. Are the 3,456th ? to click on this thread and think JORDAN is the same as JAMAL Crawford. lol

Or all the above.

The whole point in bringing Bibby to ATL in the first place was to bring a veteran presence and help them win in the playoffs -- besides playing well against Boston (took them to seven games the year they won it all, and swept the Celtics in the regular season last year) he hasn't accomplished that. As K.O.P mentioned above -- he's a liability when they try to run the court.

Hinrich is basically the real version of what ATL thought they were getting when they originally acquired Bibby.

I know the CS ? thinks the NBA is a 4 team league and every other team is fighting for lottery picks, but don't forget the Hawks could have easily sent three players to the All-Star game this year, have arguably the best sixth man in the game, and have had that fourth/fifth spot in the East locked down for two years now.

I'm glad they're not falling for the "Mr. Me Too" syndrome and ? up their future just so casual fans can say "they might do something now".
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yall ? sleep on hinrich..

he gon come in give em 13/6 and good defense..

bibby has fallen off...

hinrich was a capable starter for years for the bulls...
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    so hinrich is their starting point guard is he really that much better than bibby though? i think this was a lateral move but they save cap space which is important.

Ding. ding. ding. We have a winner.

Bibby = 9.4 points a game as the starter. 3.6 Asst.

Hinrich = 11.1 points a game splitting time with John Wall in Wash. 4.4 asst.

AND they cleared a gang of cap space. During trade season = the smart teams either upgrade their talent or upgrade their cap situation. With this deal, the Hawks did both. That's why it's a good deal.