The Official "We don't have any kids" Thread...

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Well I'm 34 with no kids...I guess I'll have some one day.

Time is ticking for you then my ?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have a kid not kids, big difference lol and she only 9
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    I wouldnt say all that...i have a kid and i still enjoy my life i have no regrets.

How can that be?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    33 with no kids.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Indifferent.

I don't want kids.

If someone else has them, so what. As long as I don't have to deal with them then I DGAF.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Not having kids is the GOAT.

word having kids by a chick that you never loved or cant stand got to be the worst life to live

i got a couple of patnas that wanna put a body on baby mama
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How can that be?

Because im still able to take care of my child and be there for her and live my life.Like hassan said i have 1 kid it would be a different story if we are talking 2+.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How can that be?

She don't live with him.

Part time parenting is wayyyyyyy different than full time.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wouldnt say all that...i have a kid and i still enjoy my life i have no regrets.

That's cool. Kids aint for everybody though. That includes me....
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    word having kids by a chick that you never loved or cant stand got to be the worst life to live

i got a couple of patnas that wanna put a body on baby mama

lmao damn shame.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    She don't live with him.

Part time parenting is wayyyyyyy different than full time.

Right...i have no beef with my baby mother,there is no drama involved ,we both do what we have to do for the sake or our baby.I don't let anything keep me from providing for my lil one.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Right...i have no beef with my baby mother,there is no drama involved ,we both do what we have to do for the sake or our baby.I don't let anything keep me from providing for my lil one.

Too bad more men don't feel that way..
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol @ having kids
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    when my niece was 3 and she stayed down here for a week....man looka here!! that lil girl got up at 7 FREAKIN AM! i lost sleep that week. aww man i was glad when her parents cam and got her lol!!! i got a small taste of what's parentin could be like.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i keep getting asked "So you must not want kids since you don't have any yet"...i'm only 25...? is annoying
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited February 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    i keep getting asked "So you must not want kids since you don't have any yet"...i'm only 25...? is annoying

lol. i remember my homeboy's babymama told me & my other ex few years back "y'all need to have some kids". umm why? she acted as if it the "it" thing to do. like it was a trend.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Man ? all y'all for winnin!

j/k

Having kids ain't a problem...it's having them with the wrong person

*can somebody pass me my L from over there?*

leaves thread
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sometimes I look at people with kids n just think, I wondrous what it'll b like, but realistically, I'm not where I wanna b financially yet, I'm still chasing this paper in a way where having kids may hamper that so with that said all in due time for that ? ....I'm 25 n enjoying not having kids
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    Man ? all y'all for winnin!

j/k

Having kids ain't a problem...it's having them with the wrong person

*can somebody pass me my L from over there?*

leaves thread

and see that's why i'm not tryin to have them. lookin back @ the hefa i've dealt wit, i kno baby mama drama wud've occured
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Lol...I'm 27 and I get asked the same thing. I don't understand our genration's thinking as if life is over once you hit your 30's?? If you don't get married or have kids by the time you hit 30, then it's over for you. My dad was 38 when him and my mom finally had kids. Why waste your 20's on being a parent??
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe its just me but this thread should be sticky.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited February 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    Lol...I'm 27 and I get asked the same thing. I don't understand our genration's thinking as if life is over once you hit your 30's?? If you don't get married or have kids by the time you hit 30, then it's over for you. My dad was 38 when him and my mom finally had kids. Why waste your 20's on being a parent??

But see that's the problem. Folks havin kids at a young age has become the norm. I mean I had a few scares, but that's it. I'll wait til I get a wife first
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe its just me but this thread should be sticky.

Cosigning this statement to the fullest. Uh mods, can we make that happen plz?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »

exactly!! i dont know about other races.. but in the black community especially.. havin kids young seems to be the norm..

my family no different.. great grandma had her first 17 grandma 18.. moms 15.. FIFTEEN!? she's in her 40s now and with my sister bein in college STILL takin care of kids.. and when i say she was dedicated i mean DEDICATED.. she doesnt know how to live her own life.. ? sad.. i live in a different state and she calls me and bugs the ? out of me damn near er'day!!! im like mom.. go on a cruise or some ? ..

then i look around at all my cousins.. havin kids in they teens and early 20s.. im pushin 30 and when i think back to those years.. i was a kid..
    how is a kid who has yet to live gonna teach another kid how to live?? ? 's a vicious cycle...

? looked at as cool.. and the thing to do.. aint got a dollar in yo pocket but pregnant or got somebody pregnant and everybody sayin "congratulations" the ? !!? society is truly backwards... but im the crazy one.. lol & smmfh
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    good for you all.