Lebron in the Clutch

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Sigh...this aint a Lebron roast thread, nor am i analyzing ? from a psycholgical standpoint

From a strictly basketball POV, im gettin tired of seein this ngga in 1-4 sets, barreling to the hole and either 1) gettin bailed out by refs, 2)missin a contested layup, or 3)gettin called for an offensive foul

7 years of this ? !!!

I consider myself a fan of Bron, but cot dam. Pull-up jumper or get in the post.

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lmao @ "Lebron" and "clutch" being in the same sentence.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Skip called him Mr little shot! Hilarious!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I dont know why he he take the game winning shot when Wade is also on the floor
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Skip called him Mr little shot! Hilarious!

Lol even tho Skip is the fukin worst
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I been sayin Lebron isnt clutch since his rookie year, I love being right.
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options

Do you watch them play? Wade aint no better either. They rely heavily on gettin calls vs mid-range J...

As opposed to Durant, Melo, Kobe who WANT to get enough space to raise up and shoot
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

they should at least switch off....smh@ miller getting more clutch shot chances than wade
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options

Yea but thats bull ? , most people who say that are refering to some psycholigical bs, basically sayin he aint built...

Im comin from a basketball pov...he has no mid range game
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited February 2011
    Options

So you pat yourself on the back for noting a rookie not being clutch his rookie year? okay..

But actually, LeBron is pretty clutch. He's missed way more game winners than he has made, but so has Kobe.

http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

^^^These stats date back to two seasons ago, but it shows that Bronny has actually made the most game winning shots in the 5 year period they recorded these.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was surprised that he took it to be honest.. at one point in the game he passed it to bosh.. it was liek a few minutes left and Chris Bosh passed it back to him as if to say.. you aint puttin this ? on me.. These ? treat me like a kicker..

Hel'll take the shot vs Goldenstate.. Indiana but when it gets real.. he doesnt want it,, I think he shot htat ? because of the hype surrounding the game of the knicks... they aint no Boston.

If he had a midrange game Amare would have been a factor.. and I also gotta give Melo some credit for making it possible for Amare to come over and block that attempt

While Wade is not great at midrange either he takes shots with confidence.. id rather put the ball in wades hands hes a lil more fluid
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Arenas,melo,kobe,wade are clutch and not one of them are overall better players dont see how this matters

Just more nitpickin and overanalyzing.Pippen wasnt clutch at all he's one of the worst players in nba history as far as performing when the games on the line

Dont see people holdin that against him.Wit lebron it gets magnified like this was game 6 they just lost

Exactly. Kevin Durant just missed a game tying shot earlier that day, but nobody's getting all over him. People just hate LeBron and when ever he does something wrong people pounce at the opportunity.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Arenas,melo,kobe,wade are clutch and not one of them are overall better players dont see how this matters

Just more nitpickin and overanalyzing.Pippen wasnt clutch at all he's one of the worst players in nba history as far as performing when the games on the line

Dont see people holdin that against him.Wit lebron it gets magnified like this was game 6 they just lost

Gotta agree here. The knicks put some hellatious D on the Heat last night. They flat out wanted it more.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what kinda % are people expecting from bron in the clutch?

everyones is bad im sure....

still

lol @ the heat not beating good teams
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pippen wasnt Lebron, sometimes with the glory you have to get the ............HEAT

Its a collection based on observation not on a sportscenter highlight .. one game.. or a book of stats..

Its not about the success rate its about be afraid to fail
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

? , shut that ? up
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lebron is the best player in the league, when he not missing game winners he passing them away. He not a clutch player, it might just be nerves getting the best of him
  • R.D.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    K
    qoolaide33 wrote: »
    Exactly. Kevin Durant just missed a game tying shot earlier that day, but nobody's getting all over him. People just hate LeBron and when ever he does something wrong people pounce at the opportunity.

KD took a game tying three with less than 5 on the clock....9 times out of 10, you're not making that shot
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options

1 on 1.. thats pretty ideal situation to be in in a clutch situation. in the middle of the court

he should have crossed over.. stepped back and game would have been over.. Amare would be standing on his two feet
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    real ? , lebron aint never been clutch.
    he aint built 4 the big moments.
    *waits 4 usmarin3 to come in w/ the cape*
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2011
    Options
    qoolaide33 wrote: »
    So you pat yourself on the back for noting a rookie not being clutch his rookie year? okay..

But actually, LeBron is pretty clutch. He's missed way more game winners than he has made, but so has Kobe.

http://82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

^^^These stats date back to two seasons ago, but it shows that Bronny has actually made the most game winning shots in the 5 year period they recorded these.

I said I been sayin Lebron isnt clutch SINCE his rookie year, not ONLY for his rookie year. He wasnt clutch then, that year, the year after that, the year after that.

? those stats, not everything looks right when you look at the stats, sometimes you actually have to watch basketball...to make any kind of reference to Kobe's clutch ability when talkin about Lebron is ridiculous.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

1 on 1.. thats pretty ideal situation to be in in a clutch situation. in the middle of the court

he should have crossed over.. stepped back and game would have been over.. Amare would be standing on his two feet

yeah, he should have pulled up 4 the midrange shot. melo was saggin off.
  • R.D.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LeBron dosent want the ball in the clutch...too much pressure..Case Closed....Next time he should do what he wants and just just pass to wade or mike miller or even Eddie House
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I said I been sayin Lebron isnt clutch SINCE his rookie year, not ONLY for his rookie year. He wasnt clutch then, that year, the year after that, the year after that.

? those stats, not everything looks right when you look at the stats, sometimes you actually have to watch basketball...to make any kind of reference to Kobe's clutch ability when talkin about Lebron is ridiculous.

lmao @ your sig..charlie was losing it in that interview
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Gotta agree here. The knicks put some hellatious D on the Heat last night. They flat out wanted it more.

Clutch situations arent suppose to be ice cream and cake... thats after the game.

fourth quarter the defense was great.. most of the game i wouldnt say so.. Knick and Hellacious defense.. ........ this aint the 90's Melo showed up in that 4th quarter though
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2011
    Options

When you're the best player in the NBA, call yourself "King James" and the "Chosen One", make 1 hour specials for where you're gonna sign in free agency, and take ridiculous shots at the end of games (even though he finally did attack the rim the possession before he took that 3) then you open yourself up for criticism and you will be nitpicked.
This discussion has been closed.