Lebron in the Clutch

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    qoolaide33 wrote: »
    Handle what...3 pointers? Wade is a horrible 3 point shooter.Worst than LeBron.

yep. wade and lebron are streaky 3 point shooters.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Of course it's become a Kobe/Lebron thread but let's get one thing straight. Kobe is a closer, you give him the ball when the game's on the line and let him work. Melo's a closer. Wade is a closer. Lebron isn't. There's nothing wrong with that but the sooner he realizes that the better the Heat will be. And from the looks of it Durant isn't a closer as well.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just stop comparing LeGone to Kobe period.The only players int he league that are on Kobe's level are Duncan & Shaq.? I would put Billups up there over LeGone who has no rings.You need at least two rings as a super star to be compared to Black Mamba.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    that king james nickname actually came from slam magazine

? derrick rose deflect praise ALL DAY...

To tommy dickfinger... Lebron put chosen one on his back.. So everything the media label you, you have to run with it?

SO I guess jordan should have put Goat on his back after his 4th title or so?

Rofl, son you wack as ? , I'm sorry...

And I quoted this guy because, "slam magazine gave him king james"... And now that's his twitter name?

Cats is actin like the media holding a gun to this guy head... Who made him do the decision?

Decision was the biggest All Eyes on me moment in ENTERTAINMENT HISTORY, let alone sports... Now that he cant live up to HIS OWN expectation, we should take the eyes off him? Thats what you sayin tommy?

Whatever kind of man love you have for lebron is pretty obvious... I'm extremely objective... But not being clutch is not some ? to take likely for someone who really feels in his heart he's the best player ever... The best player ever HAS to show up when it matters, otherwise it's all a joke, that's my opinion.

Floyd Mayweather was 40 and 0 when he faced mosely... NEVER FACED ANY ADVERSITY... Mosley rocked him 2 TIMES...

if mayweather goes down, he's forever looked at as a fraud who just fought a bunch of bums and couldn't pull it out in the clutch...

Mayweather getting rocked, then coming back and DOMINATING mosley is what makes heroes, legends... You know, Rocky Type ? ... I'm sure you've seen Rocky right?

I'm not saying Lebron will NEVER have his moment.. I'm just saying, dont cry like a ? that he's criticized unfairly when he brings it on himself... If he takes off the tats and is a lot more humble, ppl will leave him alone... Obviously he likes the attention... So he has to get it, GOOD OR BAD... You cant just get the good attention without the bad... You understand that?

That's my last reply. Anybody with half a brain and not biased knows im right.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    yep. wade and lebron are streaky 3 point shooters.
    yep............
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oh yea, of course Lebron pulled up for the 3.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bilfiger put all that emotion in you for you to type all that out
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bilfiger put all that emotion in you for you to type all that out

Emotion? Lmao... so now it goes from lebron, to kobe, to me... I guess everytime an argument is lost, the attention shifts, haha...

Well, one thing you cant change:

Lebron dosent have any rings...
    He will be criticized till his last days until he is the MAIN REASON he gets one (if wade hits the last second shot in a finals game 7, he'll still hear it forever, sucks to be him)
    Skip Bayless is in his head

These are things that won't change no matter how much you want it to, so I guess you lose this "argument"
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oh yea, of course Lebron pulled up for the 3.

Maybe its my fault for not stating the obvious...but when i say he has no mid range game...that means he will either barrell to the basket, or shoot a 3. No in between...

Im sure everyone rememebrs the Pistons game winning drive, the crazy dunk against the Pistons, the SICK dunk on Garnet, the 2 Wizards game winners, the numerous offensive fouls he picked up against Boston last year, etc.

All drives to the bucket...

Also, yesterday, the possesion before he got his shot blocked, he went to the bucket and got bailed out. Hit 2 FTs
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bron was dusted at the end of the game last night you could see it in his demeanor....and it was pretty clear on that last play when he throw up that weak lay up , he usually goes strong and draws a foul or simply dunks it...either way you gotta give the most credit to the defense

btw lebron leads all current players in game winning shots or is it kobe
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So what exactly are we proving with the start of this thread? That LeBron isn't a closer and he doesn't have a jump shot........yet he's still a top 5 active player.

And top 5 is modest.............
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bron was dusted at the end of the game last night you could see it in his deamonor....and it was pretty clear on that last play when he throw up that weak lay up , he usually goes strong and draws a foul or simply dunks it...either way you gotta give the most credit to the defense

1)Look where he picks up his dribble- barely inside the FT line, not looking at the basket

You cant PRAY for a better indicator of what a ngga is about to do

2) His shot wasnt just blocked, or tipped, it was swatted. ? was blocked like he was a 6' footer goin in the hole

It was an easy block. Telegraphed.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    never understood when the term "closer" became applied to basketball.
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So what exactly are we proving with the start of this thread? That LeBron isn't a closer and he doesn't have a jump shot........yet he's still a top 5 active player.

And top 5 is modest.............

smh Top 5? Ngga he's still 1a or 1b

Its just a glaring flaw in his game that is more than nitpicking b/c that ? WILL cost him rings.

Him in the post SHOULD be unstoppable. Him barreling to the basket will NOT beat Boston
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Once again i thought it was about Bron,

Wade has had some issues with the balll but dont start that scottie pippen ? you do ... its sickening.. fact is wade has also had alot of tremendous games.. this is about lebron james..

Out of the Big 3.. he sacrificed nothing in his game.. Nothing.. Wade.. the ball.. Bosh being the number one option .. Wade and Bron are similar in a lot of respects.. Wade is use to the ball in his hands and well since Bron took his talents hes had to play different in some aspects.. (That doesnt say anything about his turnovers) But hes had to sacrifice alot.. no one takes that ? into account. He runs off ball and that something he that really wasnt a natural bullet in the chamber for dude.. Bron wont run off ball...with any regularity
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Aka Quitting

Kobe groupies stay lookin stupid.it only matters when lebron quits

its obvious from the article u posted that phil jackson criticisms about Kobe Chucking going 1 on1 and not passing the ball, got to him and in order to spite phil kobe decided to do what phil said and not be selfish, that doesn't mean that he quit

learn to read brother
  • VulcanRaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    A player who can not create his own shot is not Top 5.

1. Kobe

2. Durrant

3. Mello

4. Howard

5. Griffin

? Dwight is a better closer than LeGone and has a better chance @ winning a ring and even more.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was surprised that he took it to be honest.. at one point in the game he passed it to bosh.. it was liek a few minutes left and Chris Bosh passed it back to him as if to say.. you aint puttin this ? on me.. These ? treat me like a kicker..

Hel'll take the shot vs Goldenstate.. Indiana but when it gets real.. he doesnt want it,, I think he shot htat ? because of the hype surrounding the game of the knicks... they aint no Boston.

If he had a midrange game Amare would have been a factor.. and I also gotta give Melo some credit for making it possible for Amare to come over and block that attempt

While Wade is not great at midrange either he takes shots with confidence.. id rather put the ball in wades hands hes a lil more fluid

? made me laugh
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LeBron can't create his own shot? This is news to me..
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options

who said that??
  • VulcanRaven
    edited February 2011
    Options

Why he keep missing closing shots? He had the opp and got open,but could not make the shot.Thus not being able to create his own shot.Y'all don't give Moe James his credit because he is a clown,but Moe used to set Gone up where he would have success scoring.
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Why he keep missing closing shots? He had the opp and got open,but could not make the shot.Thus not being able to create his own shot.Y'all don't give Moe James his credit because he is a clown,but Moe used to set Gone up where he would have success scoring.

Dog.. u killin me.. Lebron sets everyone up and gets his own shot .. thus not running off ball that how he operates thats his strength making his own way.. Not that he has any diversity in his game.. But what you said is just silly.. When Mo and any other guard in the back court just brings the ball halfway to half court hands it to Bron and he operates
  • allied
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its hilarious how riled up and upset people get over lebron james.It shows how weak and impressionable you ? are

I bring up examples like pippen who sucked in the clutch.Word to that thread I made where nobody could mention ONE big time clutch shot or performance he ever did

Then ? say what do that have to do wit anything? Dont see people discrediting pippens career for lacking that same clutch gene

And lebron is 100x better than pippen ever was.I think he'll be iight if he never develops the clutch factor

You don't develop clutch when you've been in the league 7-8 seasons. You either have it our you don't. And I don't understand bring up pippen to defend lebron. Pippen was a great player who knew to what his weaknesses were. Lebron hasn't seemed to realize that yet.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bron just isnt clutch.. Im still not sure why he is taking these last seconds shot over Wade but wateva im not the coach..
  • allied
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Again I said lebron aint clutch he gets nervous and misses badly or jags the game it's obvious.Dont see how that makes him any less of a great player

Robert Horry was clutch he was known for being more clutch than anything in his career his resume is below average besides that, dont see how these things matter

It doesn't make him any less than a great player. We all know what Lebron brings to the table. But he's not helping his team when he jacks up these 3s as if he's trying to prove something to himself. That 3 he took in the Celtics game last year that somebody posted was just selfish. No need for that ? .
This discussion has been closed.