Just think: Jordan was the best athlete in the league for about 10 years.

Options
Lorenzo de Medici
Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
No offense to Jordan. But even at his best, when he was the best athlete in the league, he wasn't touching these athletes in the league now. I'm not saying athleticism was the ONLY reason he was great, b/c he was arguably better later in his career than in the beginning. BUT, You think Jordan's blowing by D-Wade like he did them white dudes and unathletic black dudes?(compare a clyde drexler to a Rudy ? )

Not hatin', still think Jordan's the 2nd greatest player of all time(Bill Russel 1st) but you can't ignore this fact when saying he would smash the league today.

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *A-rab grabs the popcorn*
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I somewhat agree but Jordans Skill level matched his athleticism. Can only say that for a handful of players. He had the total package and no holes in his game.He still be MJ

Butm i'll say that it takes a lot more to remain on top than it did then ..The level of difficulty is much higher Because alot more people are on par athletically among other things

Peep my Jordan thread dropp your thoughts

Michaeal Jordan: Airness
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LMAO

that was satire right?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I somewhat agree but Jordans Skill level matched his athleticism. Can only say that for a handful of players. He had the total package and no holes in his game.He still be MJ

Butm i'll say that it takes a lot more to remain on top than it did then ..The level of difficulty is much higher Because alot more people are on par athletically among other things

Peep my Jordan thread dropp your thoughts

Michaeal Jordan: Airness
    nah....cuz his 6 rings, record high ppg avg aint got nothing on being able to jump over a car
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As I always say athleticism is probably the most overrated thing in the NBA.

Kd is not that strong and has slow feet, why does he lead the league in scoring it's called skill

Dirk is one of the most unathletic players in any era and scores more points than anybody in the league without easy buckets and he shoots well over 50%

If you have a jumper, there is still nothing more effective than triple threat position. If you have a J it is rather easy to blow by anyone no matter who you are.

If Rudy ? mastered the basics first he may be a great player but instead he is a kid with alot of talent who can jump out the gym, I have heard that about 100 players and most of them suck in the league.

Skill >>>>>>> Athleticism
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OFF WITH HIS HEAD FOR THEPURE BLASPHEMY.

? are acting like they didn't wanna be like Mike when they were little anymore. The world is coming to an end.
  • tiablo
    tiablo Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As I always say athleticism is probably the most overrated thing in the NBA.

Kd is not that strong and has slow feet, why does he lead the league in scoring it's called skill

Dirk is one of the most unathletic players in any era and scores more points than anybody in the league without easy buckets and he shoots well over 50%

If you have a jumper, there is still nothing more effective than triple threat position. If you have a J it is rather easy to blow by anyone no matter who you are.

If Rudy ? mastered the basics first he may be a great player but instead he is a kid with alot of talent who can jump out the gym, I have heard that about 100 players and most of them suck in the league.

Skill >>>>>>> Athleticism

I got to cosign. Skill over athleticism anytime.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    OFF WITH HIS HEAD FOR THEPURE BLASPHEMY.

? are acting like they didn't wanna be like Mike when they were little anymore. The world is coming to an end.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lmao............
  • Copper
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if athleticism was the end all be all....josh smith and Andre Iguadala would be the greatest in the L with 5 rings each
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So we are saying Clyde the GLIDE Drexler wasnt athletic? Dominique "My Tomahawks ? on 90% of the slam dunk contest dunks" Wilkins wasnt athletic? Spud "5 foot nothing" Webb wasnt athletic? Shawn Kemp wasnt athletic? This thread is a joke...
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You also have to take into consideration the pussification of the league..they changed a lot of the defensive rules... they dont play real defense anymore with the exception of a handful of players.... its arguable that Jordan faced tougher defenses then, than he would now....
  • Copper
    edited March 2011
    Options
    True Jordan era was more physical. they grabbed, pushed and pulled. whats a Technical and suspension now was a personal and 2 foul shots then
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    is ? serious half the league that plays in the nba right now, wouldn't even survive in the 90's , ? played real ball and were physical as ? ........ they played great D, and even the ? teams back than in the 90's played with some type of drive to win and probably would dominate at a higher level if they were playing in the nba now........
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jordan in his prime today would dominate on the offensive end. he might have to work more on defense cause of the depth at the 2 and 3 spots but he still get his.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    slow day in the CS huh...see what no football...right before the NBA playoffs brings...THIS ISH!!

? its gonna suck when baseball is the only damn thing on t.v. ha ha
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Jordan in his prime today would dominate on the offensive end. he might have to work more on defense cause of the depth at the 2 and 3 spots but he still get his.

Yeah defensively it would be hell for him.. offensively

Him Jay.. MJ fadeaway perfect
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    slow day in the CS huh...see what no football...right before the NBA playoffs brings...THIS ISH!!

? its gonna suck when baseball is the only damn thing on t.v. ha ha

no football b4 nba playoffs where was their ever football b4 the nb playoffs???????
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no football b4 nba playoffs where was their ever football b4 the nb playoffs???????

I'm saying...right now there's no football..and the nba playoffs are about to start..making it a slow time to talk about sports right at this moment.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No offense to Jordan.

lol... already losin...
    But even at his best, when he was the best athlete in the league, he wasn't touching these athletes in the league now.

havent seen jordan in his athletic prime post. you better check youtube.
    I'm not saying athleticism was the ONLY reason he was great, b/c he was arguably better later in his career than in the beginning. BUT, You think Jordan's blowing by D-Wade like he did them white dudes and unathletic black dudes?(compare a clyde drexler to a Rudy ? )

huh?

Not hatin', still think Jordan's the 2nd greatest player of all time(Bill Russel 1st) but you can't ignore this fact when saying he would smash the league today.

damn... whatever the opposite of tigerblood is... this post got it.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol @ Rudy ? being mentioned as a 'jordan stopper"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jordan would have a harder time dominating in this era because of the depth at the 2 and 3 positions. not saying jordan wouldn't get his either.
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the same reason why the 07 heat got swept by the bulls the year after.

you acting like every team that makes/made the finals had to be strong teams, you had weak ass teams like the 07 cavs, 02 nets, 99 knicks,
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    jordan would have a harder time dominating in this era because of the depth at the 2 and 3 positions. not saying jordan wouldn't get his either.

? are you serious??? really???

they dont play defense in this era..that's well doc., jordan's era the defense was harder well doc.,
    this era for defense caters more to the driving ball player like wade and kobe..and lebron

what the hell do u think jordan would do...??

wow!
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    FACT the bulls swept the DEFENDING champion pistons in the Ecf's

Dont see how they fell off when they made it to the ecf's and were the champs

Bulls beat a lakers team WITH magic in the finals dont see how they fell of when they made the finals

FACT kobe record before gasol 121-125 missed the playoffs and couldnt make it out the 1st round lakers record after gasol 252 - 71 wit 3 trips to the finals and 2 titles

now post jordans record before pippen and horace