Just think: Jordan was the best athlete in the league for about 10 years.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this thread is whats wrong with the sports world .... fat overthinking ? who analyze ? from a scientific perspective with no feel for the game ....

these ? today are gym animals who have no skill .... ? today are in game 7's missing two freethrows in a row .... ? centers were skilled enough to never do that in the 90's ..

another thing .. ? are so young in here poppin off that they've never seen a glimpse of athletic "fuckyocenter" mike jordon during the late 80's and early 90's .. he was smart enough to blend skill with athletic prowess because he knew the ? wouldn't last forever .. (give lebron that memo)

being a highly skilled player will get u further than a rudy ? every game ...... (ask dirk or kevin durant)
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    ? are you serious??? really???

they dont play defense in this era..that's well doc., jordan's era the defense was harder well doc.,
    this era for defense caters more to the driving ball player like wade and kobe..and lebron

what the hell do u think jordan would do...??

wow!

the 90's was a more physical era i agree with, and you acting like stars dont know how to adjust based on how that particular game is going.

this era is the deepest the league has ever been talent wise.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    this thread is whats wrong with the sports world .... fat overthinking ? who analyze ? from a scientific perspective with no feel for the game ....

these ? today are gym animals who have no skill .... ? today are in game 7's missing two freethrows in a row .... ? centers were skilled enough to never do that in the 90's ..

another thing .. ? are so young in here poppin off that they've never seen a glimpse of athletic "fuckyocenter" mike jordon during the late 80's and early 90's .. he was smart enough to blend skill with athletic prowess because he knew the ? wouldn't last forever .. (give lebron that memo)

being a highly skilled player will get u further than a rudy ? every game ......

speak on it my dude
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    the 90's was a more physical era i agree with, and you acting like stars dont know how to adjust based on how that particular game is going.

this era is the deepest the league has ever been talent wise.

just stop

there's documents on this..kobe hisself said the defense was harder back then...the defense now caters to the offensive player...that's been there for years now..u obv. dont know what you are talking about...just go back to "the reason" man...seriously..
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    just stop

there's documents on this..kobe hisself said the defense was harder back then...the defense now caters to the offensive player...that's been there for years now..u obv. dont know what you are talking about...just go back to "the reason" man...seriously..

and when did i deny that the defense back then wasn't tougher? whats your point. now refute my point that this era isn't more talented than the 90's.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and when did i deny that the defense back then wasn't tougher? whats your point. now refute my point that this era isn't more talented than the 90's.

talented in what aspect .... U SPEAK YOUR CASE .

are u saying defensively talented .. athletically talented .. offensively talented .. ?

what do u mean by more talented ? your not gonna get by just saying "more talented" ...
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options

talent only gets you so far...its' more talented and your point?

u said jordan wouldnt dominant..well in order to dominant u have to score and ? right..all these "talented" players have to play dee right? i mean if ur saying jordan wouldnt do what he did in the 90s now..then ur talking about dee'ing him up right? he was smart enough to still be able to play dee...he did get a chance to play in the "no hand check" era as well..

u see where the defense arguement comes in?

or in simple terms..if wade, lebron, kobe and durant can get their ish off..WHY WOULDNT JORDAN BE ABLE TO??

dog u bring this on yourself..i'll telling u to back out gracefully man.....
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Both of yall are right & wrong.

80s & 90s were more fundamental. Defenses played tougher. Players were more skilled. Handchecking. Jordan would have a field day playing in a league where he wouldn't get clotheslined every play.

2000s & 2010s were more flashy. Players are athletic freaks now. Zone defense. Kobe would have a field day playing in a league where zone was illegal. Lebron James would run through every player in the 90s minus Shaq.

They cancel each other out.
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    talented in what aspect .... U SPEAK YOUR CASE .

are u saying defensively talented .. athletically talented .. offensively talented .. ?

what do u mean by more talented ? your not gonna get by just saying "more talented" ...

overall more depth than the 90's at every position except center.
    They got swept in the 1st round not the east finals.Pistons were good enough to win 2 playoff rounds

And comparing Mj's 1st 3 years in the nba to kobes 8th,9th and 10th AFTER he wanted to be the man and after he aint want shaq is dumb

lets compare after shaq left the lakers from 04-07 to mj bulls 84-87

when you add a pau gasol to any team you should improve so i dont see what you're trying to prove with that point.

the pistons in 91 won 50 games and were clearly on their last legs.
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    talent only gets you so far...its' more talented and your point?

u said jordan wouldnt dominant..well in order to dominant u have to score and ? right..all these "talented" players have to play dee right? i mean if ur saying jordan wouldnt do what he did in the 90s now..then ur talking about dee'ing him up right? he was smart enough to still be able to play dee...he did get a chance to play in the "no hand check" era as well..

u see where the defense arguement comes in?

or in simple terms..if wade, lebron, kobe and durant can get their ish off..WHY WOULDNT JORDAN BE ABLE TO??

dog u bring this on yourself..i'll telling u to back out gracefully man.....

lets try this again

with the depth in this era it would be harder for jordan to stand out as the clear cut best.

and when did i say jordan couldn't get his shots?
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Both of yall are right & wrong.

80s & 90s were more fundamental. Defenses played tougher. Players were more skilled. Handchecking. Jordan would have a field day playing in a league where he wouldn't get clotheslined every play.

2000s & 2010s were more flashy. Players are athletic freaks now. Zone defense. Kobe would have a field day playing in a league where zone was illegal. Lebron James would run through every player in the 90s minus Shaq.

They cancel each other out.

whose right and wrong???
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @Jamaica .. ok well u name one team right now that would be the 95-96 bulls or even the supersonics that year ..

@Maalik .. what are u talking about .. lebron would catch hell in the 90's era .. u see how shook them wizards had em when they started using them badboy tactics on his big strong soft ass .... LoL @ u thinking lebron would breeze to the hole without catching hell from a barkley rodman or charles oakley .. your like 20 my dude and i've witnessed them physical ass games ..
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    whose right and wrong???

both of yall. neither eras were better, just different. one was more skilled, the other more athletic. you can't say Jordan would dominate in present day against horrible defensive opponents any more than you could say Kobe/Lebron (especially Lebron) would dominate against slower, less gifted opponents. Its the same.
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lets try this again

with the depth in this era it would be harder for jordan to stand out as the clear cut best.

and when did i say jordan couldn't get his shots?

ok i try to warn you.....this is what you said..
    jordan would have a harder time dominating in this era because of the depth at the 2 and 3 positions. not saying jordan wouldn't get his either.

being talented or atheletic only takes you so far...u have to have a MENTAL EDGE...that mental edge is what set them apart...it rarely matters who oppses them...cuz they are so far ahead..

look at ali and tyson...ali was so smarter then tyson ..for all the skillz n power tyson had..he would of been out smarted by ali..like ali did to george

if jordan play in this era he would still do the same thing because this era's players arent as smart..they are all knuckleheads when it comes to bball...jordan took over in a era where the centers were clearly better

this era u barely have any decent centers..how the hell would he not be able to do what he did when he was playing????

ish u got a great player in melo..and he doesnt play dee....so what good is he...the heat still cant get their ish together...and u think jordan couldnt take over this league like he did...pffff
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @Jamaica .. ok well u name one team right now that would be the 95-96 bulls or even the supersonics that year ..

@Maalik .. what are u talking about .. lebron would catch hell in the 90's era .. u see how shook them wizards had em when they started using them badboy tactics on his big strong soft ass .... LoL @ u thinking lebron would breeze to the hole without catching hell from a barkley rodman or charles oakley .. your like 20 my dude and i've witnessed them physical ass games ..

how would i be able to say for sure who would beat who, but i know the celtics and lakers would give them a run
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options

Not even gonna argue....if you think there was an answer for a 6"8, 250 pound Small Forward who's as fast as a Point Guard in the 90s than Im not gonna try to sway your opinion. If Kobe can knock down shots with his body contorted like a ? playing Twister with 3 defenders spying & watching him, ? make you think he couldn't do that in an era where zone was illegal? These are the best players we're talking about....they'd adjust
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    both of yall. neither eras were better, just different. one was more skilled, the other more athletic. you can't say Jordan would dominate in present day against horrible defensive opponents any more than you could say Kobe/Lebron (especially Lebron) would dominate against slower, less gifted opponents. Its the same.

ahh again homie..there's articles on it..

1. jordan's era was better cuz you had more fundementally stronger players...this era you have alot of atheletes ..just that; atheletes who still have no sense of how to play the game (j.r. smith comes to mind..great talent but dumb when it comes to playing the game)....look at the olympic teams that kept losing in the euros..how the f did that happen...cuz this era's players only knew how to play one way..couldnt shoot and had no cohesiveness, couldnt defend...especially the pick and roll....

again talent..or more talent means ? if u cant playing the game using your head as well.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    another thing for maalik .. lebron has no consistent jumpshot .. he has no finesse .. he has no postgame .. most of his points come off fastbreaks and muscle drives .. if u think he would be getting away with them muscle drives in the 90's your wrong .. he doesnt have the jumpshot to play outside the key during the 90's and he doesnt have the post game it would of took to play in that era ..

he is the prototype for this hype drivin fast moving era ....
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok i try to warn you.....this is what you said..

being talented or atheletic only takes you so far...u have to have a MENTAL EDGE...that mental edge is what set them apart...it rarely matters who oppses them...cuz they are so far ahead..

look at ali and tyson...ali was so mentality ahead of tyson that fo rall the skillz tyson had..he would of been out smarted by ali..like ali did to george

if jordan play in this era he would still do the same thing because this era's players arent as smart..they are all knuckleheads when it comes to bball...jordan took over in a era where the centers were clearly better

this era u barely have any decent centers..how the hell would he not be able to do what he did when he was playing????

and how would you know they aren't smart? thats pretty ignorant. and if jordan could get his shots off so how is jordan stopping lebron, wade, kobe etc?
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not even gonna argue....if you think there was an answer for a 6"8, 250 pound Small Forward who's as fast as a Point Guard in the 90s than Im not gonna try to sway your opinion. If Kobe can knock down shots with his body contorted like a ? playing Twister with 3 defenders spying & watching him, ? make you think he couldn't do that in an era where zone was illegal? These are the best players we're talking about....they'd adjust

no they wouldn't because according to these guys these current players are all idiots that just get by on athleticism
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options

my dude why do u keep missing the point that the 90's had defensively SKILLED players .. i'm not talking athletic players that wait until u go to the hole and come behind u for the block .. i'm talking players who knew how to postition themselves defensively and were taught the basics of keep a 6'8 250pound strong man with no finesse/post moves in front of them until he settles for his broke ass jumpshot ..

are u catching my drift yet .. honestly .
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and how would you know they aren't smart? thats pretty ignorant. and if jordan could get his shots off so how is jordan stopping lebron, wade, kobe etc?

1. i watch the game. 2. go back and watch the denver nuggets vs the lakers playoff series...the nuggets had plenty enough to be the lakers but they kept shooting their own selve in the foot and lost that series cuz they were beating their ownselves with stupid bball decisions...obv. not every single player of today is dumb..i didnt think i had really say that for u to get that..but still

out of all 3 players..mentality kobe's the only one that is strong enough..but sh*t after seeing the ways he lost in the finals a few years back against the Cs, or even given up during the phx series before gasol got there..i could still question his mental if u comparing to jordans....

kobe, lebron or wade i say wouldnt be able to handle the Dee of the bad boy pistons teams...nig. no way!!

that's like having a bunch of in his prime ron artest on your team at every damn position...

watch the games long enough and u know that...apparently u dont...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Jordan in his prime today would dominate on the offensive end. he might have to work more on defense cause of the depth at the 2 and 3 spots but he still get his.
    jordan would have a harder time dominating in this era because of the depth at the 2 and 3 positions. not saying jordan wouldn't get his either.

^^^ Cosign.

At the bolded, Kobe-Shaq dynasty>> .

... Also, Lebron would do the same thing he's doing now, in the 90's. Players with his athleticism and talent can't be stopped. Stop acting like he didn't come to the league from high school, and adjust accordingly. ... If he can successfully go from playing with ? ass high school players to the best players in the league, he can obviously adjust to the physical play of the 90's.

Cosign. I don't even see how people can say any different.
    my dude why do u keep missing the point that the 90's had defensively SKILLED players .. i'm not talking athletic players that wait until u go to the hole and come behind u for the block .. i'm talking players who knew how to postition themselves defensively and were taught the basics of keep a 6'8 250pound strong man with no finesse/post moves in front of them until he settles for his broke ass jumpshot ..

are u catching my drift yet .. honestly .

Someone doesn't know what adjust means.
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cosign.

At the bolded, the Kobe-Shaq dynasty>>

the same one that got swept by the detriot pistons????

excuse....in 5,4,3,2,1....
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this HAS to be a joke thread right??? RIGHT????? Some folks shouldn't even discuss sports if you're just going to get ridiculous