Just think: Jordan was the best athlete in the league for about 10 years.

Options
13»

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes because wade wouldn't adjust to physical play or kobe or lebron because those 90's players were all great defensive juggernauts that would shut down anybody today. you had your share of lazy ass players in the 90's, and you're right teams from the 90's never shot themselves in the foot and made dumb basketball decisions btw did you not watch game 1 between the pacers and knicks in 95 that one sequence was worse than anything the nuggets did in their series with the lakers.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^ Cosign.

At the bolded, the Kobe-Shaq dynasty>>

And Lebron would do the same thing he's doing now in the 90's. Players with his athleticism and talent can't be stopped. Stop acting like he didn't come to the league from high school, and adjust accordingly. ... If he can successfully go from playing with ? ass high school players to the best players in the league, he can obviously adjust to the physical play of the 90's.

Cosign. I don't even see how people can say any different.

Someone doesn't know what adjust means.

so your telling me that lebron would develop some finesse and learn how to bang in the post ? he would also develop a jumpshot ?

he'd just adjust with ease huh ..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    the same one that got swept by the detriot pistons????

excuse....in 5,4,3,2,1....

By Dynasty, I meant pick a team when they (Kobe and Shaq) won the championship, and that team will beat the 95-96 Bulls.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    yes because wade wouldn't adjust to physical play or kobe or lebron because those 90's players were all great defensive juggernauts that would shut down anybody today. you had your share of lazy ass players in the 90's, and you're right teams from the 90's never shot themselves in the foot and made dumb basketball decisions btw did you not watch game 1 between the pacers and knicks in 95 that one sequence was worse than anything the nuggets did in their series with the lakers.

aye dude i'm starting to get the sense that u like going back and forth just to be posting ..

skill trumps athleticism anyday ....
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    aye dude i'm starting to get the sense that u like going back and forth just to be posting ..

skill trumps athleticism anyday ....

you're seriously underrating the players today and these cats today have skill and athleticism
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

ok...i think you need to look at the main point and stop being so friggin literal...am i saying EVERY PLAYER NOW IS DUMB..am i saying every player from jordan's era or team was better

NOOOO...I'M SAYING that era was just better (percentage wise..)..i dont know how else to clearly say that to you....i love when u say ish like this..and some kat clearly dont get it..and starts thinking "literally" like u sh*tting on every player that every stepped into the league in the last 5 yrs...good lord!!

like chris rock says..

LISTEN....let is swirl around in your head a bit, THEN make a comment.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so your telling me that lebron would develop some finesse and learn how to bang in the post ? he would also develop a jumpshot ?

he'd just adjust with ease huh ..

Dude went from dominating high school players to dominating NBA players in 2 years. That's all that needs to be said.
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    By Dynasty, I meant pick a team when they (Kobe and Shaq) won the championship, and that team will beat the 95-96 Bulls.

huh?? pick a team that kobe and shaq won the ship against?? i'm not understanding..cuz i know u aint telling me the 6ers, or the nets (two teams the kobe and shaq lead lakers play'd during that dynasty) would beat the bulls? Is that what u are saying..plz advise?

oh..u mean anyone of those laker teams...

ok...i just gave u a team, that team the pistons smashed in the playoffs....just saying..u said pick a team..so i did. :-)
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok...i think you need to look at the main point and stop being so friggin literal...am i saying EVERY PLAYER NOW IS DUMB..am i saying every player from jordan's era or team was better

NOOOO...I'M SAYING that era was just better (percentage wise..)..i dont know how else to clearly say that to you....i love when u say ish like this..and some kat clearly dont get it..and starts thinking "literally" like u sh*tting on every player that every stepped into the league in the last 5 yrs...good lord!!

like chris rock says..

LISTEN....let is swirl around in your head a bit, THEN make a comment.

i think the 90's era was better too. but the talent in this era overall is the best the league as ever been. btw what % are you talking about
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think the 90's era was better too. but the talent in this era overall is the best the league as ever been. btw what % are you talking about

u answer'd the %..enough to know which is better...and i we all know the talent is better..but that doesnt amount to anything..that's why i brought in the baskeball I.Q.s of some of these players?? as talent as j.r.smith is..he doesnt have the smarts of a vinnie johnson..as great as lebron is...he still lack the basketball I.Q. when his teams need him most....as sec to jordan kobe might be....jordan would of never let his team lose to the c's the way kobe's team lost to the c's in the finals...

and to note i know kobe is soley not to blame..but when these stars get all of the glory and looked at as the lead of their teams..they get the same shots when their teams get embrassed...
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u answer'd the %..enough to know which is better...and i we all know the talent is better..but that doesnt amount to anything..that's why i brought in the baskeball I.Q.s of some of these players?? as talent as j.r.smith is..he doesnt have the smarts of a vinnie johnson..as great as lebron is...he still lack the basketball I.Q. when his teams need him most....as sec to jordan kobe might be....jordan would of never let his team lose to the c's the way kobe's team lost to the c's in the finals...

and to note i know kobe is soley not to blame..but when these stars get all of the glory and looked at as the lead of their teams..they get the same shots when their teams get embrassed...

how did i answer the %

and you're talking about these current players not being smart enough to adjust if they were playing in the 90's and thats where you're wrong.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this thread sucks

poorly made arguments, terrible debates... even worse grammar in some cases.
    i can barely tell what im reading
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how did i answer the %

and you're talking about these current players not being smart enough to adjust if they were playing in the 90's and thats where you're wrong.

did u say the 90s era was better..ok...a good amount of those players or team play from the 90s in which made you make that statement is
    is enough of a (%) ... or *insert number*..to make my point or answer "the %"

get it?
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    both of yall. neither eras were better, just different. one was more skilled, the other more athletic. you can't say Jordan would dominate in present day against horrible defensive opponents any more than you could say Kobe/Lebron (especially Lebron) would dominate against slower, less gifted opponents. Its the same.

u do know kobe played in the 90's right...... and that ? wasn't dominating anything......

Lebron wouldn't have survived in the 90's era ? would of had that ? shook to drive in the lane
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol jordan + defenses being able to hand check = 30 ppg
    jordan + no hand checking and rules being put into place to push scoring and open up the game = ???

someone answer that for me
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol Tim Hardaway and Rookie Iverson would give Jordan fits, have that ? scared to check them but ? want to pretend Jordan played in anything near an athletic era. When the new era of actual athletes and not white boys got to the NBA Jordan was getting exposed to a degree. The ? would not be able to dominate athletically in this league today.

? handchecking

Zone defenses + double/ triple teams+ best athletes ever in the league = Jordan's numbers stay the same.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jordan was playing against Chris Dudley and Jeff Hornaceck ? mind you
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jordan was playing against Chris Dudley and Jeff Hornaceck ? mind you

white boys who made an attempt to play defense and had a high iq of the game from both ends of the floor ....

not a j.r. smith who would jump 40inches in the air at the first pump fake he gets and then grab jordan as he is already at the hole crying because he called for a foul afterwards ....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    this thread is whats wrong with the sports world .... fat overthinking ? who analyze ? from a scientific perspective with no feel for the game ....

these ? today are gym animals who have no skill .... ? today are in game 7's missing two freethrows in a row .... ? centers were skilled enough to never do that in the 90's ..

another thing .. ? are so young in here poppin off that they've never seen a glimpse of athletic "fuckyocenter" mike jordon during the late 80's and early 90's .. he was smart enough to blend skill with athletic prowess because he knew the ? wouldn't last forever .. (give lebron that memo)

being a highly skilled player will get u further than a rudy ? every game ...... (ask dirk or kevin durant)

pretty much...it's why Kobe Bryant was able to transition from the player who could dunk on Yao Ming w/o a 2nd thought to the player who will now hit a jumper from some odd angle that only he can do...players THAT athletic rarely realize that you also have to have skill but when they do the combination is ? ridiculous...ie. Jordan, Kobe...
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u do know kobe played in the 90's right...... and that ? wasn't dominating anything......

Lebron wouldn't have survived in the 90's era ? would of had that ? shook to drive in the lane

Kobe came into the league at the age of 18 in 96, stop acting like he was anywhere near the player he is right now.
    LeBron wouldn't have survived? Lmao, what he would have been out the league by year 6? Hahaha.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Watching hoops for a long time it was a ton of athletic ass dudes out there, they were jumping out the gym too in the 70's, 80's and 90's. They were dunking in the 60's too but they were'nt allowed too. That's how the ABA got formed so they could do all that wild ? as opposed to the NBA and the Yale style of play. ? the ABA started the dunk contests and you had athletic guards, forwards and centers that were just as fast as these guys today. But when you only see one era you don't know. And you had brusing ass forwards too if they were'nt coked up and you had some serious as scoring machinse. Bernard King, Michael Ray Richardson, Alex "smooth as ? " English, Bob McAdoo, Jamal Silk Wilkes, George Gervin, jump out the ? gym 6'4" David Thompson I could go on and on. And cats were getting dunked on left and right. They played hard nosed ass defense and coming to the hole you might loose some teeth. They actually hustled on all plays too, word to Kurt Rambis. Looking @ Dwight Howard he reminds or of Orlando Woolridge without a jump shot so I can't dispute that, it was a gang of athletic players when Jordan was playing.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tony Allen,Bruce bowen,kenyon martin,jalen rose,george lynch,aaron mckie,tayshaun prince,jaren jackson,sean elliot etc

These are the players kobe has matched up with in multiple playoffs and finals bunch of bums/one dimensional cats.

Where the stars at? Wheres the comp? Ya'll act Like this ? slaying dragons on the court

When kobe matched up wit pierce in 08 again he got his ass busted notice thats a trend

He played in an era wit lebron,vc,iverson,wade,pierce,tmac, young grant hill, and none of them was in the west

QFT.....U can add Allen Houston dropping 50 on Kobe in LA...they replay the ? outta that game here in NYC area.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tony Allen,Bruce bowen,kenyon martin,jalen rose,george lynch,aaron mckie,tayshaun prince,jaren jackson,sean elliot etc

These are the players kobe has matched up with in multiple playoffs and finals bunch of bums/one dimensional cats.

Where the stars at? Wheres the comp? Ya'll act Like this ? slaying dragons on the court

When kobe matched up wit pierce in 08 again he got his ass busted notice thats a trend

He played in an era wit lebron,vc,iverson,wade,pierce,tmac, young grant hill, and none of them was in the west

lmao..........................