If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    Still ? on every west coast album ever made.

yeah ok, even though ny was more irrelevant than a dinosaur during the 90's mainstream when west coast was dropping classics all over the place.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah ok, even though ny was more irrelevant than a dinosaur during the 90's mainstream when west coast was dropping classics all over the place.

Probably the most idiotic post i'be seen in the reason this year.
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I love Biggie and all, but add the fact that dude was just a spitter. If Puff had not been Puff and forced his hand on Big's albums, dude's ? would sound like a Canibus album. Just a ? rappin.

if this and if that lmao...... puffy blow up because of biggie. who else was puff doing before big. makin music with craig mack????
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Take away ye and I prob never get into hiphop like I am now.

So I'm goin with big or pac
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Probably the most idiotic post i'be seen in the reason this year.

? u over here typing paragraphs nobody is reading your ? bruh
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Everbody cites Big as a influence of their's. So his "impact" isn't as overrated as u say.

Look at the people that name Big as an influence... and tell me if they really mean it or if they're saying it because it's the "popular" thing to say. When someone is influenced, you see a glimmer of that influence in their music. Bottom line, the praise Biggie recieves today is undeserved and unwarranted. If he had never existed, we still would have had Jay-Z, Mase, and Dipset, etc etc. Biggie's presence in the history of Hip Hop is unnecessary.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Why are you only referring to impact?

Also SpeakerBoxx and Love Below went Diamond after how many years, Life After Death has been out for14 years and has only just gone diamond. 3 stacks also influenced a slew of artists the likes of B.O.B, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Drake, and all the other singing rappers out right now also influenced piratically the whole of South and made the East take it seriously. But again apart from impact, Outkast have more quality in their catalogue, your only ever going to talk about impact because you know thatcompared to other artists Biggies discography is minuscule, and Atliens, Aquemini, Southernplaylisticaddilakmuszik, Stankonia are 4 good albums, to Biggies two, Kast have producer more quality music period.

life after death went diamond in 2000. i'll give you b.o.b but how did he influence kanye and cudi and drake? oh right because those are artist that sing and rap? yeah and blame biggie for not being able to fulfill his career because it was cut short. biggie has more impact in the genre than kast and made two genre defining albums. how many artists in hip hop first two albums had the impact that lad and rtd has and how many of those albums do you still feel their impact today?
  • soul rattler
    edited March 2011
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    Co Sign......dude was well in his way to the pop route...
    I love Biggie and all, but add the fact that dude was just a spitter. If Puff had not been Puff and forced his hand on Big's albums, dude's ? would sound like a Canibus album. Just a ? rappin.

See T. Webb's post. Biggie was a spitter, but he was on a steady decline sound-wse. And as we've seen with many rappers, that "rut" is very difficult to get out of... especially when you're a contract slave to Mr Executive Producer Diddy.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    2pac could have existed but not as a rapper, he could still have been an actor just no rapping
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    talik23 wrote: »
    if this and if that lmao...... puffy blow up because of biggie. who else was puff doing before big. makin music with craig mack????

Yes, Puff owes alot of success to Biggie, but without Puff, Biggie's ? would sound like a Papoose mixtape.
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? u over here typing paragraphs nobody is reading your ? bruh

U mad cause u wrong.
  • soul rattler
    edited March 2011
    Options

You must be 19 years old. Diddy was making alot of music and working with alot of artists prior to Biggie.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes, Puff owes alot of success to Biggie, but without Puff, Biggie's ? would sound like a Papoose mixtape.

One couldn't have done it without each other.
  • talik23
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Look at the people that name Big as an influence... and tell me if they really mean it or if they're saying it because it's the "popular" thing to say. When someone is influenced, you see a glimmer of that influence in their music. Bottom line, the praise Biggie recieves today is undeserved and unwarranted. If he had never existed, we still would have had Jay-Z, Mase, and Dipset, etc etc. Biggie's presence in the history of Hip Hop is unnecessary.

so u speak for other rappers that respect big as influence and say they dont back up what they say because it dont show in thier music lmao gtfoh son. u soundn dumb.
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    U mad cause u wrong.

riiiiight who was on top during the 90's?
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yea ok........
  • talik23
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You must be 19 years old. Diddy was making alot of music and working with alot of artists prior to Biggie.

yea he was. but he wasnt a big producer. he blow up once big dropped
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    riiiiight who was on top during the 90's?

? who on top.. Who made better music. Ready to Die, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, LAD all ? on the west coast in the 90s.
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

What Jay-Z would u have? He constantly quotes Big... Big was his biggest cosign not the other way around.... Big was a major presence on Jay's first album. Jay and Dame grew off what they saw Big and Puff doing in the industry at the time. Only artist up there that truly don't get bigger from Big and Pac are Outkast and Nas.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes and you should pick him to. you noticed how no west coast artists ever get shine unless they have a dr.dre cosign.

Why would I pick Tupac??

Im too intelligent for that.

holler-if-you-hear-me-michael-eric-dyson-paperback-cover-art.jpg
    Why would I delete "Brendas got a Baby" "Dear Mama" & "Keep ya head up"

Why would I delete "Juice", "Poetic Justice" & "Above the Rim"

Why would I delete a catalog with over 500 songs in it
    Why would I delete 100+ literary books written on this man

How could I delete the Gang-truce at the Truce-picnic in 1992

How could i delete the bridge between the Black revolutionaries of the 60's with the hiphop generation via Afeni Shakur and Mutulu Shakur

Would it make sense for me to delete a rapper with over 200 interviews talking about politics, racism, police-brutality and other important issues that effect the African-American community???

LOLOL, come on bruh, I may be alot of things but Im not stupid, ignorant or a damn fool
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One couldn't have done it without each other.

Again, I understand that.
  • soul rattler
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so u speak for other rappers that respect big as influence and say they dont back up what they say because it dont show in thier music lmao gtfoh son. u soundn dumb.

Go pick up a dictionary boy. You can tell Nas influenced Jay Electronica. You can tell Jay-Z influenced Lil Wayne. You can tell Big Daddy Kane influenced Eminem.

How many of these "Biggie influenced me" rappers can you successfuly compare and see Big's DNA in their music? I promise you, if tomorrow if 50% of the industry just started ? on Biggie mercilessly, at least 25% more people would join in because they want to fit in with popular opinion.
  • talik23
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmao @ ? hating on biggie. and rappers looking at him as a influence..............
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? who on top.. Who made better music. Ready to Die, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, LAD all ? on the west coast in the 90s.

exactly you don't wanna admit i'm not even saying lyric wise i'm just saying who dominated, u probably one of those lame ass backpackers who listens to illmatic and has no idea what nas is really spitting about.

lmao i'll give u ready to die and RD. that other ? can eat a ?
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    life after death went diamond in 2000. i'll give you b.o.b but how did he influence kanye and cudi and drake? oh right because those are artist that sing and rap? yeah and blame biggie for not being able to fulfill his career because it was cut short. biggie has more impact in the genre than kast and made two genre defining albums. how many artists in hip hop first two albums had the impact that lad and rtd has and how many of those albums do you still feel their impact today?

Umm because they've said that themselves?

Atliens Aquemini, Stankonia, Southerplaylisticcaddilacmuzik>>>>>>>>Lad and Ready To Die