If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dam... ? rather have ye than pac?!?!?!
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dam... ? rather have ye than pac?!?!?!

I would...
  • DRO
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jr523 wrote: »
    so illmatic is overrated??? U sit yo ass down. Outkast has 1 maybe 2 real classics. Both of bigs albums were classics. Nas has 2 classics to me. Jay has imo has 3 classics.

yeah illmatic is over rated.. ? say that is the great album of all time... And u dont call that overated?..

? said kast got 1 maybe 2 real classics... Their 1st 3 albums are classics...

And what 3 albums that jay has that u consider classics?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Are you serious right now? You can't count on your hands how many rap albums have gone Diamond...

what that supposed to mean? i'm talking about impact in the genre and out of the artist listed outkast has the least impact
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah this is pretty easy
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Biggie, only cause his body of work pales in comparison to the other artist up there
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    what that supposed to mean? i'm talking about impact in the genre and out of the artist listed outkast has the least impact

Like H-Rap said earlier..Take away Outkast and you take away the South.
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nas too many losses
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would take away Biggie, he was talented but only has two albums under his belt. I was thinking of taking away Kanye but i remembered that taking away Kanye would mean not only would i take away good albums like CD and Late Rgerisstration but also the amount of dope production he has laced artists such as Nas, Jay, Common etc with, in the end Big was the logical choice.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah illmatic is over rated.. ? say that is the great album of all time... And u dont call that overated?..

? said kast got 1 maybe 2 real classics... Their 1st 3 albums are classics...

And what 3 albums that jay has that u consider classics?

Greatest RAP album of all time.

As far as Kast, to each its own.

Jay's classics include: RD, BP, and a personal classic of mine American Gangster.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • DRO
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? actin like outkast is slouches out here...

3000 is top 10 doa

kast is the great duo doa

them ? is the reason folks even started lookin at the south in a different light
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options

Take away the south. Somebody else would've filled the position that outkast had.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? actin like outkast is slouches out here...

3000 is top 10 doa

kast is the great duo doa

them ? is the reason folks even started lookin at the south in a different light

Both of those can be argued.
  • garv
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes he has. Eminem helped make hiphop as big as it is. You still dont get it. Eminem was not on the threadstarters list to be deleted. You didnt answer the t/s question. Of course you said eminem because you hate him.

Heres what I cant understand. You want to be a rapper, but hate on someone that does what you want to do much better than you. How can you not respect the mans talent? But at the same time you strive to be as good as him and have the success he has had.

In all honestly, I think you have talent which is why this puzzles me.

? , we take away Em and we take away delusional obssessive crackas, alot of Em fans aren't fans of Hip-Hop but fans of Eminem only, thats why his sales are so disproportional when compared to other rappers, don't overrate Ems influence.
  • P. Town
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    Take away the south. Somebody else would've filled the position that outkast had.

Then take away all them New York ? that's gettin ? rode in here, cause somebody would've filled they position.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    U cant take away kast they mean too much to hip hop in the south...
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options

like i said i'm not taking anything away from outkast i like them they are one of the rap groups i ? with growing up, but out of the artist listed their impact doesn't compare to tupacs, kanye, nas, jay z or biggie
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Then take away all them New York ? that's gettin ? rode in here, cause somebody would've filled they position.

New York always brought up in these types of arguments.
  • P. Town
    edited March 2011
    Options
    like i said i'm not taking anything away from outkast i like them they are one of the rap groups i ? with growing up, but out of the artist listed their impact doesn't compare to tupacs, kanye, nas, jay z or biggie

I can tell you right now. Kanye wouldn't be able to be the Kanye he wants to be musically if it wasn't for 3 Stacks
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    New York always brought up in these types of arguments.

because u always say some biased as ? ? weed this thread sucks btw
  • DRO
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can remember like it was yesterday when outkast won the best new artist award and allllllll of new was boo'n them........ Ahhh the memories... Still good 2 c ? hatin on kast
  • garv
    edited March 2011
    Options

Who cares about impact lets talk about quality.

Biggie has 2 albums, lets say for arguments sake he has 2 classics(even though i don;t agree with this)

Outkast have 6 albums between them, out of those 6 albums Atliens and Aquemini are certified classic albums, then they have good albums such as Southplayalisticcadillacmuzik, Stankonia and Speakerboxx and the love below(?). Thats 3 or 4 very good albums to Biggies two, then take into consideration Big Bois recent solo efforts and Andre 3000 various quality guest apperances, how can you truly take away Outkast.

Also they are one of the biggest selling artists in Hip-Hop with the top 3 biggest selling album in Rap with Speakerboxx and The Love Below, so the impact thing can be argued as well, but i don't even want to go there because impact isn't as important as quality of music.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    because u always say some biased as ? ? weed this thread sucks btw

All u do is ? on New York... U mad cause Pac got the most votes??
  • 5th Letter
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can tell you right now. Kanye wouldn't be able to be the Kanye he wants to be musically if it wasn't for 3 Stacks

i dont know about that, i never hear kanye and 3000 compared with each other before