If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Outkast was the only down south group with consistent commercial success . Their success was because of their music nothing else unlike tupac who successes were due to controversy .
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    All u do is ? on New York... U mad cause Pac got the most votes??

lmao idgaf about that i'm not a pac stan so it don't really matter to me.
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can remember like it was yesterday when outkast won the best new artist award and allllllll of new was boo'n them........ Ahhh the memories... Still good 2 c ? hatin on kast

Who's hating on them? I voted for Pac. I just don't think that they have as many classics as u say they do.
  • snappa
    snappa Members Posts: 397
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fan of Ye but he is the most expendable on the list.

Not even a Pac fan but ppl are bullshitting themselves when they deny his impact. Sadly IMO Kanye is the only artist on that list that can be deleted.

Good thread.

Edit to add... Em should have been on this list.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lmao idgaf about that i'm not a pac stan so it don't really matter to me.

So ? then..
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'd delete nas for making borematic.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Outkast was the only down south group with consistent commercial success . Their success was because of their music nothing else unlike tupac who successes were due to controversy .

Really??

Tupacs sucess was due to controversy??
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Who cares about impact lets talk about quality.

Biggie has 2 albums, lets say for arguments sake he has 2 classics(even though i don;t agree with this)

Outkast have 6 albums between them, out of those 6 albums Atliens and Aquemini are certified classic albums, then they have good albums such as Southplayalisticcadillacmuzik, Stankonia and Speakerboxx and the love below(?). Thats 3 or 4 very good albums to Biggies two, then take into consideration Big Bois recent solo efforts and Andre 3000 various quality guest apperances, how can you truly take away Outkast.

Also they are one of the biggest selling artists in Hip-Hop with the top 3 biggest selling album in Rap with Speakerboxx and The Love Below, so the impact thing can be argued as well, but i don't even want to go there because impact isn't as important as quality of music.

biggie went diamond too if you wanna talk about sales, biggie influenced the style of a slew of artist today from jay z, fabolous, lil wayne, kanye west, etc. he released two of the most influential albums in hip hop history, and a great posse album (conspiracy) and not to mention he was a big part of the east coast resurgence in the mid 90's.

none of kast albums had the impact of a ready to die or life after death in the genre. also speakerboxxx/love below was overrated.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'd delete nas for making borematic.

Illmatic>>>>Any West-coast album ever made.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Really??

It wasn't for lyrical ability.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Really??

yes and you should pick him to. you noticed how no west coast artists ever get shine unless they have a dr.dre cosign. after tupac died.

i think the whole tupac situation got a whole coast blackballed as far as commercial music is concerned
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options

cool story bro.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cool story bro.

Its true tho..
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cool story bro.

True story bro
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Get rid of Biggie. He only had two albums and his "impact" and "legendary status" only exists because he died prematurely.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People would really delete Outkast....

**In Kevin Hart's voice**

"Yall are something else......."

Oh yeah....I'd delete BIG....no one would miss those two albums...plus we got Jay....
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

lmao word.........
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    biggie went diamond too if you wanna talk about sales, biggie influenced the style of a slew of artist today from jay z, fabolous, lil wayne, kanye west, etc. he released two of the most influential albums in hip hop history, and a great posse album (conspiracy) and not to mention he was a big part of the east coast resurgence in the mid 90's.

none of kast albums had the impact of a ready to die or life after death in the genre. also speakerboxxx/love below was overrated.

Why are you only referring to impact?

Also SpeakerBoxx and Love Below went Diamond after how many years, Life After Death has been out for14 years and has only just gone diamond. 3 stacks also influenced a slew of artists the likes of B.O.B, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Drake, and all the other singing rappers out right now also influenced piratically the whole of South and made the East take it seriously. But again apart from impact, Outkast have more quality in their catalogue, your only ever going to talk about impact because you know thatcompared to other artists Biggies discography is minuscule, and Atliens, Aquemini, Southernplaylisticaddilakmuszik, Stankonia are 4 good albums, to Biggies two, Kast have producer more quality music period.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    all i can say is that by the end of this thread it will be a battle between pac and biggie fans making sure their guy doesn't win the poll
  • Calii Comfort
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its true tho..

lyircs are cool

beats are ? sounds like some one used a ? and a spoon to make them.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Get rid of Biggie. He only had two albums and his "impact" and "legendary status" only exists because he died prematurely.

Everbody cites Big as a influence of their's. So his "impact" isn't as overrated as u say.
  • Jr523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lyircs are cool

beats are ? sounds like some one used a ? and a spoon to make them.

Still ? on every west coast album ever made.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Co Sign......dude was well in his way to the pop route...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

I love Biggie and all, but add the fact that dude was just a spitter. If Puff had not been Puff and forced his hand on Big's albums, dude's ? would sound like a Canibus album. Just a ? rappin.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    l0l@ the east losin....