If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Definitly not Tupac because his music is on the Vatican playlist and archived in the Library of Congress for cultural relevance...his music is studied in the Ivy league Universities of this nation so his musical contributions expand waaaay past the boundaries of HipHop.

Hell no not JayZ his longevity and business acumen has turned him into a mogu/ pop-icon...he's a classy dude that represents the culture from a corporate aspect giving an example of a Black man who can handle himself in the Lily white business world.

Hell no to NAS, he's one of the most respected lryricists in the game and few other emcee's alive embody the true essence of hiphop better than Nas..he went from projects to pyramids on some alchemical ish.

Hell no to Outkast they held down the South and proved that Southern HipHop was more than just chtlins and choppers. Their legacy is waaaaay to influential to delete.

Kanye West
    is probally the most over-the-board talented artist that Hiphop has ever seen, from his visuals, samples, lyrics, fashion, production, and ability to drum up controversy..he reps his region on some legendary ish you cant delete yeezy

Id lead Biggie to slaughter, NY already has JayZ & Nas..Biggie is just fodder..a hideous man who rapped about ? children and having sex with transexuals, a beast who ate his fried-chicken in the nude and brutally beat the Black out of LiL Kim.

Biggie was a toxic ? -eyed gorilla who was corny and overrated, his meager catalog severely lacked substance and his over-the-top claims of poverty were refuted by his own mother....Id delete Biggie from existence if given a chance.

• wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Em fans are soooo ? who said Em doesnt have Talent? All im sayin to take him away and Hip Hop doesnt suffer.... You mad ur idol is not that important in Hip Hop History?

EMINEM was not on the LIST!! What dont you get about that??? Did you read the first post or the POLL??? Where do you see eminem on there?
    ? and you call me ? ?? Learn to ? read
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I'd delete Tupac. Who needs Tupac when we got Scarface

To be honest with you, Scarface would have remained trigger happy had he not been influenced by Pac's more emotional material from 1995 onwards. He did have his "Now I Feel Ya" and "Mind Playing Tricks" but those type of material were in small number compared to the nihilistic nature of his early material. Wouldn't change much since Scarface is perfect at anything he raps about but using Face as an excuse to hate Pac just sounds dumb. No offense.
  • wordsRweapons
    edited March 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    I would have to say em.
    inb4 wordsRweapons persuades me to change my vote.

lmao............
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That corny ? has no foundation.

JayZ had the brains and hustle to get into this game without Biggie...this aint some romance novel were people can make up silly scenarios and what=if's that defy common sense and logic.

JAZ-O was JayZ's mentor and more responsible for his success than anyone else..Biggie aint have ? to do with JayZ's success.

JayZ dropped "Reasonable Doubt" on some kingpin ? there is nothing on that album that resembles "Ready to Die", not in lyrics, not in themes, not in substance.

You give Biggie waaaaay too much credit.

Resonable DOubt dropped queitly as ? .... Jaz-O would've led Jay-Z to exactly where he is...no where. Dame and Jay-Z saw what puff and Big were doing his influence was way more than u try to discredit him for. Oh and lets not forrget how Jay constantly quotes Big. Again that was one of his major influences
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Ya'll not taking Outkast, so don't even try it. Ya'll can delete all them other ? , long as we can keep Kast.

exactly, my first thought, why the ? is outkast in this discussion
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jay and ye would be outta of there
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited March 2011
    Options
    none but i'll delete ying yang twins nicki minaj or whiz khalifa in a heart beat!
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He birthed Drake, Lupe and the whole "Backpack" thing.... I mean he made it more "Mainstream" IMO..... So these new agers wouldnt exist without Kanye....

I thought of Lupe more of a Nas like rapper when he first dropped... But even if Kanye Birthed them... them i can do without easy
  • wordsRweapons
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought we established i didnt want to pick from the List so i picked Em... Seemed like the more reasonable choice....

Naw, thats why i was arguing. It seemed liked you were just hatin since he wasnt even on the list. But thats why eminem wasnt on the list because it is an easy choice for the racists.

But for sure then.
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Em fans are soooo ? who said Em doesnt have Talent? All im sayin to take him away and Hip Hop doesnt suffer.... You mad ur idol is not that important in Hip Hop History?

Man what kind of ? are you smoking? Em is not important to hip-hop history? Arguably without Em Aftermath would have never blown up. It was a flop before Dre had Em... No SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show, Encore, Relapse, Recovery, Big Bang Theory, GRODT, Massacre, Curtis, BISD, Devils Night, D12 World, Cheers, Second Rounds On Me, Documentary, Doctors Advocate/ LAX (50 would not have been around to save that dude), HFM, Rotten Apple, HFM2, Straight Outta Cashville, Buck The World, Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon, Beg For Mercy, T.O.S, 8 Mile OST, 8 mile movie, GRODT Movie.... Highest selling artist of an genre for the 2000's. I know I will get called a stan like a mother ? for this post. But its the truth, all of these things arguably happened because of Em. No Shady records, G-Unit may have never blown up. He made Aftermath what it is, no Slaughterhouse/Yelawolf deal.. Its crazy how people try to overlook Em on here.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jay would get deleted simply because out of all of these he makes the worst music....

and without his beats on his albums he wouldnt have a career.

and if we erased Jay somebody else woulda murdered Just Blaze or Kanye Beats

Nas Won.
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'll delete most of wu-tang ? them kung fu ass ?
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Out of the list I'd say Biggie because I listen to him the least, but even then, I wouldn't want to get rid of any of them
  • wordsRweapons
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Man what kind of ? are you smoking? Em is not important to hip-hop history? Arguably without Em Aftermath would have never blown up. It was a flop before Dre had Em... No SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show, Encore, Relapse, Recovery, Big Bang Theory, GRODT, Massacre, Curtis, BISD, Devils Night, D12 World, Cheers, Second Rounds On Me, Documentary, Doctors Advocate/ LAX (50 would not have been around to save that dude), HFM, Rotten Apple, HFM2, Straight Outta Cashville, Buck The World, Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon, Beg For Mercy, T.O.S, 8 Mile OST, 8 mile movie, GRODT Movie.... Highest selling artist of an genre for the 2000's. I know I will get called a stan like a mother ? for this post. But its the truth, all of these things arguably happened because of Em. No Shady records, G-Unit may have never blown up. He made Aftermath what it is, no Slaughterhouse/Yelawolf deal.. Its crazy how people try to overlook Em on here.

^^^^couldnt have said it better myself. COSIGN
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options

All is true but I would rather lose all of them then lose the ppl that BIG, Pac, NAs, Jay influenced... without them u would prob lose Eminem anyway... ? I barely gave Em a listen till i heard him on Dead-wrong
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

You could easily erase Emenim because he hasnt added anything constructive or relevant to the culture of Hiphop except a homosexual element, and pop-star beefing.

What long-lasting creations or innovations has he brought to the genre??

Tupac was the first cross-cultural movie-star rapper
    JayZ is the most succesful mogul-artist in terms of talent (Diddy's their)
    OutKast are the greatest rap duo in HipHop history
    Nas is the torch-barer of the essence of HipHop
    Kanye West is the greatest rapper-producer-director of all time.

Delete Emenim it would mean nothing..the Beastie Boys already did the white rapper thing and so did Paul 'Jamal" Wall.
    The Midwest already has Kanye, & Common and Detroit has Cage.

Lets delete him.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Get rid of Pac or Nas. I can do without either.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Without the west coast, the rap game would be ? up. But to be real there hasn't been much great material since 1998 besides DJ Quik and some other rare stuff. Still, the early 90s west coast > everything else. The cats from there really knew how to make great music back then.

This might become a signature in the future but... ? complex rhymes. (If it can't entertain)
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You could easily erase Emenim because he hasnt added anything constructive or relevant to the culture of Hiphop except a homosexual element, and pop-star beefing.

What long-lasting creations or innovations has he brought to the genre??

Tupac was the first cross-cultural movie-star rapper
    JayZ is the most succesful mogul-artist in terms of talent (Diddy's their)
    OutKast are the greatest rap duo in HipHop history
    Nas is the torch-barer of the essence of HipHop
    Kanye West is the greatest rapper-producer-director of all time.

Delete Emenim it would mean nothing..the Beastie Boys already did the white rapper thing and so did Paul 'Jamal" Wall.

Lets delete him.

I agree Eminem is a much easier choose...If he was on list
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Man what kind of ? are you smoking? Em is not important to hip-hop history? Arguably without Em Aftermath would have never blown up. It was a flop before Dre had Em... No SSLP, MMLP, Eminem Show, Encore, Relapse, Recovery, Big Bang Theory, GRODT, Massacre, Curtis, BISD, Devils Night, D12 World, Cheers, Second Rounds On Me, Documentary, Doctors Advocate/ LAX (50 would not have been around to save that dude), HFM, Rotten Apple, HFM2, Straight Outta Cashville, Buck The World,
    Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon
    , Beg For Mercy, T.O.S, 8 Mile OST, 8 mile movie, GRODT Movie.... Highest selling artist of an genre for the 2000's. I know I will get called a stan like a mother ? for this post. But its the truth, all of these things arguably happened because of Em. No Shady records, G-Unit may have never blown up. He made Aftermath what it is, no Slaughterhouse/Yelawolf deal.. Its crazy how people try to overlook Em on here.
    Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon,

^^^ This guy just killed his entire argument. I'd delete Emenim just so "Thoughts of a Predicate felon" would dissapeer forever.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited March 2011
    Options

Lets delete him.

Beastie Boys relied a lot on their alternative rock fanbase too, though. Around the time Eminem came around, they were stuck on relying on their rock fanbase but still, Eminem deserves credit since he made white rappers have the chance of making it in the rap game after Vanilla Ice made them look like a joke.
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think G Unit would be still around without EM because 50 Cent would be more HUMBLE because he wouldnt have blown up how he did...... So no G Unit D12 Busta Rhymes album and Em albums..... ? is that a wrong thing?

keep JMJ alive and you still get 50... How to rob drops without Em as well so yea u still get 50 maybe even a hungrier 50 today since 1st album wouldn't of done as well without em.
  • wordsRweapons
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^ This guy just killed his entire argument. I'd delete Emenim just so "Thoughts of a Predicate felon" would dissapeer forever.

Eminem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nickleslick
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why do we need Eminem when we have Redman...